Jackinman & 7x6 @ each other's throats

7x6andchg: The subject line is meant in jest....

So y'all will have to excuse us if Jackinman and I get testy in a week or so.

My beloved Twins have made the playoffs and will be playing Jackinman's beloved Yanks.

Any other members who are baseball fans? Did your team make it to the post season?

7x6&C

jackinman: :D :D :D

YEA THAT'S RIGHT!!! YANKESS YANKEES YANKEES

My team will kick some &*(

Watch out Twins, you will be seeing double after we get through with you.

7x6andchg: Oh, Yank this! :D

Just because you guys spend money hand over fist to get players...

LOL

7x6&C

GreenEyes: *Coughing*  Ummmmm excuse me 7 ya forgot you have another New Yorker in da house!   ;D

GO YANKEES!!!!

7x6andchg: Ah but just being a NYer doesn't mean you're a Yankees fan...and I would never assume....

Ok - I'm outnumbered here...there have GOT to be other Minnesota/W Wisconsin/Twins fans/underdog fans out there!

7x6&C

GreenEyes: Hey 7.... either the Yankees or the Mets.... I'm not biased. ;D

Let me know when you find any other ... mmmm where are you from again? ;)

7x6andchg: It's called Flyover Country...where most of the food you guys eat comes from. :D

Go TWINS!

jackinman: Thank you Greeneyes, let's give to them yea!!!!

[quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=0#2 date=09/24/03 at 20:01:47]Oh, Yank this! :D

Just because you guys spend money hand over fist to get players...

LOL

7x6&C[/quote]

What, get some owners that will spend some money and maybe you have a grrrreat time such as ours.

7x6andchg: Great? Um...don't think so. Good, yes...

And Steinbrenner is a cancer on the ass of baseball...regardless of which team he owns, IMHO.

The Yankees' middle relief needs work...

Do I think we'll actually win it? No.
Do I think we have a chance? Yes.
Have the Twins surprised people before? Yes.

Oh this is gonna be good - c'mon there's gotta be a Red Sox fan out there willing to get into this WITH me?

7x6&C

jackinman: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=0#8 date=09/24/03 at 20:17:30]Great? Um...don't think so. Good, yes...

And Steinbrenner is a cancer on the ass of baseball...regardless of which team he owns, IMHO.

The Yankees' middle relief needs work...

Do I think we'll actually win it? No.
Do I think we have a chance? Yes.
Have the Twins surprised people before? Yes.

Oh this is gonna be good - c'mon there's gotta be a Red Sox fan out there willing to get into this WITH me?

7x6&C[/quote]

Nah Boston fans are licking there wounds. They lost tonight...no suprise there.

Oh boo hoo always crying about Steinbrenner....you know you love us. If it wasn't for Steinbrenner MLB will be a boring league. He's our general.

Hey the Marlins won, now I may have to deal with 2 Pudges. :D

gigantikok: GO YANKEES!!!!!

YANKEES KICK ASS!

YANKEES IN THE HOUSE!

Yankees will totally crush the Twins...

(actually, I'm not really a baseball fan, just decided to annoy you a bit, 7x6) ;)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My beloved BRAVES always make the post season.

Now if the bastards could just win the Big One for a change!

Pecker

(It's a small world. Unless you have to walk home.)

9cyclops9: GO RED SOX!!!

Actually, I don't pay attention to baseball, but I might have to now that I live in Boston...these guys are baseball freaks!

John

wvalady1968: ~crosses fingers and chants "Don't let the Cubs blow it again!" over and over~

~stands in the center of a pentagram and hexes the Pirates~

Okay, truth time, the male is the ball fan. I read a book in between watching the Bud Light commercials. "No more kisses for you until you learn to behave." :D

7x6andchg: What I would love to see...and what isn't likely to happen...is a Twins-Cubs World Series.

Barring THAT...Red Sox - Cubs would be nice.

Just please no Yanks and Braves - you guys have been there already far too many times lately. ;)

7x6&C

aj2181: I think I'll take the neutral position on this one guys :)

You both know I like ya so......Go Cubs

jackinman: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=0#14 date=09/26/03 at 06:00:51]What I would love to see...and what isn't likely to happen...is a Twins-Cubs World Series.

Barring THAT...Red Sox - Cubs would be nice.

Just please no Yanks and Braves - you guys have been there already far too many times lately. ;)

7x6&C[/quote]

CUBS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

REDSOX - CUBS!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ah yes, it's nice to dream, but, reality says otherwise. When the World Series comes around one team will definately be there and that team will be THE NEW YORK YANKEES, ;D ;D ;D
"Start spreading the news.....I'm leaving today....I want to be a part of it, New York New York"..... everybody sing.......

That's ok AJ, you can stay neutral. Root for your team buddy.

Hey 9cyclops9, I understand your position. You can't root for any other team in bean town. So yea, play it safe, root for the Redsox so that Bostonians don't run you out of town. :D

jackinman: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=0#11 date=09/25/03 at 11:03:46]My beloved BRAVES always make the post season.

Now if the bastards could just win the Big One for a change!

Pecker

(It's a small world. Unless you have to walk home.)[/quote]

I know Pecker, after a while I began to feel sorry for you guys. You always manage to get to the big party but....you leave empty handed.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Yeah, Jackinman, they should change their names to the

ATLANTA BRIDESMAIDS

Pecker

(Impotence: Nature's way of saying "No hard feelings.")

GreenEyes: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=0#18 date=09/26/03 at 20:54:32]Yeah, Jackinman, they should change their names to the

ATLANTA BRIDESMAIDS

Pecker

(Impotence:  Nature's way of saying "No hard feelings.")[/quote]

Always a bridesmaid and never a bride huh? Just like always in the playoffs but never in the world series. Shrugs.

Just out of curiousity why do we call it the world series? What other countries in the world are part of it?