Jackinman & 7x6 @ each other's throats

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=GreenEyes link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=0#19 date=09/27/03 at 05:58:54]Just out of curiousity why do we call it the world series?  What other countries in the world are part of it?[/quote]

As far as I can tell, no one made the conscious decision to name it the World Series. It seems to have devolved from exhibition games between the original National League and the upstart American League in the mid-to-late 1800's.

At first they called it the Championship Series, then the World Championship Series, then, naturally, the World Series.

So far, the only international teams to have played in the MLB World Series are Canadian.

Pecker

(Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks.)

GreenEyes: Thanks Pecker and that is what I thought. Shrugs... Ok the North American Championship until other parts of the world get involved in it. :)

wvalady1968: They've won their division title.
It's been a long time.

My guy ran into someone from Chicago a few years ago and excitedly told him that "Guy" was a Cubs fan. Chicago dude looked sad and said, "Gee, I'm sorry."

:D

jackinman: Hey Paul, home field advantage here in NY buddy. ;D

Well congratulations to WValady and AJ and to all you Cubs fans. Now you get to play Pecker's team Atlanta.
Have fun!!!

jackinman: OK, so game one goes to the Twins, :mad: congrat's but don't get happy you have win 2 more games.........

throb919: Okay, Paul--this is for you:

tjZl8pP5.jpg

Congratulations to your Twins on game one! (And you know I'm going to show you a pic with a catcher--even if he is wearing pinstripes.)

7x6andchg: Thanks, Tony!   ;D

So much for that "Home Field Advantage", eh?
I told you guys not to underestimate us...and our early middle, middle middle, and late middle relief... :D

Great game from what I heard.

We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score
We're gonna win Twins, watch that baseball soar
Knock out a home run, shout a hip-hooray
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today...

7x6&C

jackinman: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=20#26 date=09/30/03 at 15:20:26]
Great game from what I heard.

We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score
We're gonna win Twins, watch that baseball soar
Knock out a home run, shout a hip-hooray
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today...

7x6&C[/quote]

Oh my god, is that the Twins song, which elementary school won the contest for coming up with that song.
Does it have any music???? Probably Polka.

and hey Paul, NO HOMER HANKIES, jeez
:D :D :D

Nice pic throb919

7x6andchg: Oh, jackinman -

The hankies are already on sale.
But that doesn't matter - because everyone in the door on Saturday and Sunday will have one...gratis.

That, sadly, is the Twins' song. It's not a polka...sounds more like a grade school song, actually...LOL

Awaiting game 2, I remain
7x6&C

ps - Now you guys HAVE to take one in the dome to win it all...I don't think so.

AnonyMs: Hey, throb... thanks for posting the pic. I am such a sports idiot I was trying to figure out which sport we were talking about here....

jackinman: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=20#28 date=10/01/03 at 15:41:27]
Awaiting game 2, I remain
7x6&C

ps - Now you guys HAVE to take one in the dome to win it all...I don't think so.[/quote]

Say WHAAAAAAt!!!!!! Mr. 7x6&C Sir, do you know that's the only game you're going to win BUDDY. YANKEES in 4,
nuff said. ;)

7x6andchg: I'm sorry, but if you think Yankee Stadium was loud on Tuesday....

well, to paraphrase Bachman Turner Overdrive...ok, to BUTCHER them...

"Y'aint heard nothin' yet"

It's ENCLOSED. Twins in 5.

7x6&C

jackinman: [quote author=7x6andC link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=20#31 date=10/01/03 at 19:36:10]I'm sorry, but if you think Yankee Stadium was loud on Tuesday....

well, to paraphrase Bachman Turner Overdrive...ok, to BUTCHER them...

"Y'aint heard nothin' yet"

It's ENCLOSED. Twins in 5.

7x6&C[/quote]

Tied up buddy, tied up, it's ok we'll have our earplugs on.
You guys are gonna need those homer hankies after this weekend. :D :D

throb919: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=20#29 date=10/01/03 at 17:59:08]Hey, throb... thanks for posting the pic.  I am such a sports idiot I was trying to figure out which sport we were talking about here....  [/quote]
Oh yeah, Nony, that's me: the sports authority! 'Hope they hit a bunch more touchdowns. (I'm not quite that bad: have become a Durham Bulls baseball fan...but only since the movie. And candlesticks do make a nice wedding gift...)

7x6andchg: Jackinman -

You guys take EITHER game in the Dome and I'll be surprised...honest to God, not just being a fan - that place is so damn loud and the turf is SO awful that it's a real "home field advantage" - even if our home field sucks ass as a stadium.

Geo - I don't know - Barry Bonds ticked me off with the "better than Babe Ruth" business...I'm still undecided on the Giants/Marlins series.

7x6&C

jackinman: [quote author=7x6+C link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=20#35 date=10/03/03 at 15:35:35]Jackinman -

You guys take EITHER game in the Dome and I'll be surprised...honest to God, not just being a fan - that place is so damn loud and the turf is SO awful that it's a real "home field advantage" - even if our home field sucks ass as a stadium.

I'm still undecided on the Giants/Marlins series.

7x6&C[/quote]

Very true my good friend, however, once we take the crowd out of the game.....no noise ehhh, :D :D :D
yea man your field sucks.

jackinman: [quote author=7x6+C link=board=99;num=1064455153;start=20#37 date=10/03/03 at 19:38:00]

Yeah because they've been such blowouts....
;D[/quote]

Ohhhhhh, :D :D :D :D
well, we got our confidence back last night so now.....we're good to go buddy. ;D ;D

7x6andchg:
Ohhhhhh,
well, we got our confidence back last night so now.....we're good to go buddy.

You New Yorkers...you have the best team money can buy...that much is true...but money can't buy team spirit or togetherness or coming up through a farm system with guys.

Every game will be decided by less than 4 runs, IMHO.
Twins in 4 On Sunday

PS to everyone else - don't say he and I didn't warn you... :D