Jamie Foxx... WTF???

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by tripod, Jun 29, 2009.

1. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanx for the ethnic unity Jamie... if you were trying to pour salt on the wounds of racism, job WELL DONE.

"We want to celebrate this black man - he belongs to us - and we shared him with everybody else."

Of all of the black pop artists that have achieved massive success, MJ completely transcended race... he was an international star. MJ would have NOT been pleased with Jamie's oversimplification of MJ's attitudes and thoughts about race and Jamie's off the cuff statement belittles MJ's personal battles with his own racial identity.

Unfuckingreal.

2. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

I totally agree with you, but just look at the station these comments were made, BET, Black Entertainment Television. That's already quite an ethnic divide. And it's hardly a cultural thing; not all black people have the same cultural backgrounds.

IMO, the station is ridiculous and it hardly surprises me that a comment like that was made.

3. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw that on the newsclip of the show. I was thinking WTF did he just say?! Did I hear correctly?!

4. superbot

Gold Member

Hilarious,don't yer just love it when celebs try to get high brow and come out with patronising bollocks!!! Didn't notice too many of them doing anything to help MJ, who has been screwing up his life for the last fifteen years!!

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

I don't see how MJ/the author of "Black or White" would be offended, as you were, by Foxx labeling him as black.
    And I didn't see Jamie Foxx discussing anything in regard to Michael Jackson's "attitudes and thoughts about race". Is that on some other video? And you completely overlooked Foxx's following comments "They talked about how he looks in the meeting...It doesn't matter what he looks like...Am I right?..It was all about what he sound like" Foxx went on to say he accepted M.J. no matter what he looked like.

I don't see Foxx's comments as putting salt on the wounds of racism at all.

6. thirdknee63

thirdknee63 New Member

Albums:

Thats because you're an Idiot:wink:

7. dreamer20

Gold Member

#7 dreamer20, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  8. thirdknee63

thirdknee63 New Member

Albums:
    Im a racist because I called you an idiot....Typical ....always ready to throw that race card out their....Kinda proves my point...Gumba!!!:smile:

9. invisibleman

Gold Member

I don't think that Jamie Foxx was meaning what he was expressing as a racial divisive slight. I think that Jamie Foxx was addressing the fact that Michael Jackson...no matter the cosmetic differentials over the years--dark to light...he was indeed a black man among African-Americans...and that future African-Americans could look up to him as a standard consummate music professional. A benchmark to strive towards. And maybe learn from his mistakes.

I think that Michael Jackson set a lot of standards in music...and even how music videos are done. MTV should be thankful for Michael Jackson and Prince.

10. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    And for Adam Curry.

11. thirdknee63

thirdknee63 New Member

Albums:
    Jamie Foxx is a loudmouth racist Douchebag!!

12. BiggerInTexas8

BiggerInTexas8 New Member

This is a typical thing that black people do. They say that a certain black celebrity or person is not "black" enough and they reject him or her and then after the person dies or becomes famous they want to claim the person as one of their own even though they did not at first like that person or they claimed that the person was not or is not black. I know many blacks who told me how they did not want to vote for Obama because he was in their words "an Oreo, black on the outside but white on the inside", "Obama is not black enough", and he reminded them of a used car salesman who would say anything just to get your attention, votes, and money. Which is what he did with DOMA the DOJ and the whole "Same gender marriage is equal to incest" thing. Then there are the blacks who call any successful black person who is not ghettofabulous or into any of that nonsense an Uncle Tom or a house negro.

13. elegant20

Gold Member

Forget about Jamie Foxx......look at Joe Jackson......weirdo abusive fuck, he is.

14. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Michael Jackson made mistakes that any black man that I have ever met could avoid with ease.

I'm not offended by Jamie Foxx... I am just blown away at his temerity.

He didn't say anything offensive, but Foxx did play the race card and that wasn't cool.

When I was a little kid, I didn't even notice race... it was taught to me by my elders.

Fuck race, it doesn't exist... it's all an illusion. Most white and black folk are ready to go into the future without the baggage of race. Some are not.

15. BiggerInTexas8

Yeah the whole creepy "I like to share a bed with children when we have a parent free sleepover and there's nothing wrong with it!" thing was just messed up. Same with the extravagant consumer mania, hoarding of all of his stuff, and spending and the neglect of Bubbles the chimpanzee.

16. jim6238

jim6238 New Member

really, who cares?

17. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

There's nothing offensive in it. People are looking to find something where nothing exists.

What troubles me is that the naysayers invariably are the majority (whites) who don't understand the need for a minority to celebrate its own advances societally.

That what pisses me off about ppl who don't get Gay Parades.

Minorities have earned the right to celebrate their own against pretty negative odds.

#17 B_Stronzo, Jun 29, 2009
  18. thirdknee63

thirdknee63 New Member

Albums:
    What you say makes a lot of sence..My problem is when blacks use the race card WAY to often..I am just like you ,I grew in Los Angeles ,Most of my friends are black BUT even them, when something bad happens to them they always think it racism(even when simple logic proves differently) Jamie Foxx called Miley cyrus a White bitch,if a white person had done that it would have been the end of their career(Michael Richards)...I could careless what Foxx says about that Freak Michael Jackson

19. BiggerInTexas8

Oh god. Next thing I know you'll be saying how being gay or GLBT in America is EXACTLY like how blacks have had slavery, lynchings, racial segregation and Jim Crow laws, and few civil rights, other horrible things done to them because of their race and let's face it GLBT people have had it pretty easy in America compared to everything that black people have gone through, America is not Iran or Jamaica where you can be killed for being GLBT, and many black people do get highly offended when you compare the two and play the victim role like most gay/GLBT people are trained to do. Get over yourself queen.

#19 BiggerInTexas8, Jun 29, 2009
  20. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

You haven't a clue how I think or what I think.

This is the line that sealed your fate for all time:

Now let's see if I can some up with something comparable... hmmm..... okay here:

That's a TYPICAL way for all TEXANS to think.

There. Isn't stereotyping fun?

(I'm convinced there's something in the water in Texas):rolleyes:

And the hits just keep on comin'........ wow.

#20 B_Stronzo, Jun 29, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted