Jamie Foxx... WTF???

kingofvegas

1st Like
Media
I totally agree with you, but just look at the station these comments were made, BET, Black Entertainment Television. That's already quite an ethnic divide. And it's hardly a cultural thing; not all black people have the same cultural backgrounds.

IMO, the station is ridiculous and it hardly surprises me that a comment like that was made.

Do you feel the same way about telemundo or the other spanish networks like sitv. or the other 150 + networks were you may see 5 black faces on the channel a day. not agreeing with what jamie said but damn black folks got 2 channels is it really that big of a deal. shit i go to movies and sometimes the entire film sometimes doesn't have one black actor in the whole movie.

Reactions: Frotninja21

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really had no problem with Foxx saying whatever he liked, but where I drew the line on watching it was when all the posers did their best to emulate MJ. I heard a few things that were said, but really changed the station finally after giving the performers every opportunity to pull off anything that was remotely close to MJ.

MJ is rolling in his grave after the rest of them butchered his songs and moves.

I was waiting for Weird Al Yankovic to save that show in the brief moments I endured the performances. Waiting for the American Idol judges to trash the performers and their performances. Imagine Simon Cowell telling them they were doing bad MJ karaoke on a cruise ship, that the performance was absolutely horrible ?

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You haven't a clue how I think or what I think.

This is the line that sealed your fate for all time:

Now let's see if I can some up with something comparable... hmmm..... okay here:

That's a TYPICAL way for all TEXANS to think.

There. Isn't stereotyping fun?

(I'm convinced there's something in the water in Texas):rolleyes:

And the hits just keep on comin'........ wow.

Look man I don't care what you think about me. Us Texans are a special breed and we speak our minds even if we know it's an unpopular opinion or that people will not agree with us. At least we are not New England PC pussies like y'all are. Is it so wrong to disagree with the Stalinist Gay Party and say how the HRC is pointless, weak, and a complete joke? Or that I'm OK with having a Civil Union instead of a same gender marriage? Or writing the truth about just why blacks are angry when people compare same gender marriage to their fight from freedom from slavery, racial segregation, and other horrible things and that GLBT people in America have had it easy compared to all of that? No it is not wrong and I have had people agree with me on these viewpoints.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you feel the same way about telemundo or the other spanish networks like sitv. or the other 150 + networks were you may see 5 black faces on the channel a day. not agreeing with what jamie said but damn black folks got 2 channels is it really that big of a deal. shit i go to movies and sometimes the entire film sometimes doesn't have one black actor in the whole movie.

Careful there, so when Don Imus has jokes, it's racism, but Jamie Foxx gets a pass ? As far as I'm aware, race is the last issue that should be held up regarding MJ. As I recall everyone recognized his talents, regardless of race, we've all listened, danced and sung along with his music. Whether it was on American Bandstand with Dick Clark, Soul Train with Don Cornelius or MTV in the 1980's. Regardless of whether MJ performed with the Jackson 5, Paul McCartney or solo.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Look man I don't care what you think about me.

In this alone we have total agreement. I share this sentiment in the reverse with equal adamance.

Additionally I'm of the distinct opinion you pushed the wrong selection when making out your profile with regard to your sexual orientation.

You may want to double check.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
what he said is pretty stupid. yes he was black but he was a universal idol. i think whats more controversial is that he said, "we gave it to them" or whatever (i only saw he quote the vid is unavailable for me). no one has property over anyone. MJ didnt sing predominantly white or black music. it was universal so i miss his point.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They speak Spanish on telemundo and all the other Spanish networks. They speak English on BET, just as they do on just about every other channel. The Spanish channels provide a "service" to spanish-speaking people, whilst BET doesn't provide any kind of such "service" to black people.

Black Entertainment Television is just too broad of a name. The name suggests that the network encompasses everything about black culture, which it doesn't (mind you, black culture is essentially much more than just African-American culture). And even then, African-American culture has become intrinsic with American culture. Plenty of non-blacks are into rap and R&B, just as plenty of blacks are into metal and pop (just one example). Instead of trying to divide that, embrace and unify it.

Race is still an issue to this day because people make it an issue. You see a multitide of white faces and a couple of black faces; I simply see faces.

Last edited:

D_Amyntas Lillydong

Account Disabled
Media
MJ was being celebrated for what he was able to do for black people through his music. It's too bad that for the past 15 years MJ has been made out in the media as a child molester and then all of a sudden when he is dead he's okay by the media.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was in bad taste, but he is black and black folk did support his early career with the Jackson 5 and through his awful pre-Off The Wall solo albums...

so Jamie was just stating the obvious... he just did so distastefully. Jamie Foxx is just a comedian so I shouldn't be surprised when he says racially divisive things in a rather public setting.

Nobody has any problem with black folk being proud of what they have achieved. The extraordinary abilities and accomplishments of African Americans is never in doubt to anyone with half of a brain.

It's no big deal, I just thought that it was tacky and unnecessary... and furthermore, I have no problems whatsoever with BET.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"This is a typical thing that (some but not all) black people do. They say that a certain black celebrity or person is not "black" enough and they reject him or her and then after the person dies or becomes famous they want to claim the person as one of their own even though they did not at first like that person or they claimed that the person was not or is not black.

I know many blacks who told me how they did not want to vote for Obama because he was in their words "an Oreo, black on the outside but white on the inside", "Obama is not black enough", and he reminded them of a used car salesman who would say anything just to get your attention, votes, and money. Which is what he did with DOMA the DOJ and the whole "Same gender marriage is equal to incest" thing. Then there are the blacks who call any successful black person who is not ghettofabulous or into any of that nonsense an Uncle Tom or a house negro." BiggerInTexas8

And you hang out with black people who think like this?

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It was in bad taste, but he is black and black folk did support his early career with the Jackson 5 and through his awful pre-Off The Wall solo albums...

I thought that Michael Jackson's OFF THE WALL was amazing!!! As well as the stuff he did on THE WIZ Motion Picture Soundtrack.

so Jamie was just stating the obvious... he just did so distastefully. Jamie Foxx is just a comedian so I shouldn't be surprised when he says racially divisive things in a rather public setting.

Nobody has any problem with black folk being proud of what they have achieved. The extraordinary abilities and accomplishments of African Americans is never in doubt to anyone with half of a brain.

Well, it was the BET Music Awards. And it was a partial tribute to the late Michael Jackson. And Jamie Foxx was trying in his way to honor Michael Jackson.

It's no big deal, I just thought that it was tacky and unnecessary... and furthermore, I have no problems whatsoever with BET.

I don't think that Jamie Foxx's comments were racially divisive.

I can say that I have heard some racial stuff on other shows but not Jamie Foxx.
I have seen racist commentary by Warren Sapp referring as Jeff Foxworthy as a 'cracker' on Comedy Central's roast of Larry the Cable Guy. Now that was racist. That was in bad taste. Toby Keith said some really rude stuff on Larry the Cable Guy's Roast as well.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i go to movies...sometimes the entire film doesn't have one black actor in the whole movie.

James Bond, LIVE AND LET DIE. James Bond (Roger Moore) was in Harlem, New York City and in New Orleans, Louisiana with many African-American actors. Yaphet Kotto was in that one. Amazing for a spy movie. That was one spy movie that wasn't filmed in some romanticized portion of the world like Paris or London.

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In this alone we have total agreement. I share this sentiment in the reverse with equal adamance.

Additionally I'm of the distinct opinion you pushed the wrong selection when making out your profile with regard to your sexual orientation.

You may want to double check.

Like it or not I'm fully homosexual. I know you do not like gay men like me who are out there in large numbers but I'm gay, out, and my viewpoints are not a secret or a big deal and many gay men do agree with me about what I wrote about how dogmatic liberal gays are and how the Gay Party is Stalinist and everyone is going for marriage when Civil Unions are fine and not all gay and bisexual men even want to get married or have their relationship defined by a heterosexual institute and what I wrote about the HRC is true too and GLBT people have it easy in America compared to other Arabic countries.

Last edited:

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"This is a typical thing that (some but not all) black people do. They say that a certain black celebrity or person is not "black" enough and they reject him or her and then after the person dies or becomes famous they want to claim the person as one of their own even though they did not at first like that person or they claimed that the person was not or is not black.

I know many blacks who told me how they did not want to vote for Obama because he was in their words "an Oreo, black on the outside but white on the inside", "Obama is not black enough", and he reminded them of a used car salesman who would say anything just to get your attention, votes, and money. Which is what he did with DOMA the DOJ and the whole "Same gender marriage is equal to incest" thing. Then there are the blacks who call any successful black person who is not ghettofabulous or into any of that nonsense an Uncle Tom or a house negro." BiggerInTexas8

And you hang out with black people who think like this?

Yes I have met and worked with more than my fair share of black folk who are like this and who are totally open about it.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Like it or not I'm fully homosexual. I know you do not like gay men like me who are out there in large numbers but I'm gay, out, and my viewpoints are not a secret or a big deal and many gay men do agree with me about what I wrote about how dogmatic liberal gays are and how the Gay Party is Stalinist and everyone is going for marriage when Civil Unions are fine and not all gay and bisexual men even want to get married or have their relationship defined by a heterosexual institute and what I wrote about the HRC is true too and GLBT people have it easy in America compared to other Arabic countries.

This, in my view, (the area of your post I've highlighted in red) is the very definition of something the US Supreme Court struck down in 1954; the unconstitutionality of separate but equal.

What I object to is gay men who have hung onto the legacy of self-loathing inherited subliminally from those in their lives who went before.

It's like Log Cabin Republicans.

Somehow they're gay apologists in many ways.

Nope. I have no use for any man who thinks somehow he is not entitled to the same rights afforded heterosexual Americans.

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This, in my view, (the area of your post I've highlighted in red) is the very definition of something the US Supreme Court struck down in 1954; the unconstitutionality of separate but equal.

What I object to is gay men who have hung onto the legacy of self-loathing inherited subliminally from those in their lives who went before.

It's like Log Cabin Republicans.

Somehow they're gay apologists in many ways.

Nope. I have no use for any man who thinks somehow he is not entitled to the same rights afforded heterosexual Americans.

I do not have any self loathing about being gay or homosexual. Contrary to what you think I am not a Republican or Conservative in my politics. I do not want a same gender marriage because marriage is a failed heterosexual institute and why should ALL bisexual, gay, lesbian, and Trans people want to imitate heterosexuals in their relationships and lives? I feel that there are more pressing and important issues for gay men and LGBT people to focus on besides same gender marriage such as Don't ask Don't Tell, how in some states you can still get fired, badly harassed at work, or lose property for being gay/bisexual/lesbian/Trans, and there are lots of other anti GLBT constitutional amendments that are all more pressing than Civil Unions VS same gender marriage such as the LGBT Hate Crime Bill that constantly gets struck down.

Last edited:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
but he is black and black folk did support his early career with the Jackson 5 and through his awful pre-Off The Wall solo albums...

I disagree, growing up I recall seeing MJ on American Bandstand, the Jackson 5 even had a cartoon on Saturday morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jackson_5ive_(TV_series)

MJ and the Jackson Five were marketed like any other product. For it to have gotten as big as it did, it's really irrelevant what race is credited as early support and indiscernible as well. One could say the father put down his own hard earned to start the group, then again where does one delineate the source of that income, much more the race of it's origin ?

Jamie Foxx's intent behind his words was exclusionary, yet when the money rolls in neither he (in his own career) nor MJ/Jackson 5 was keeping stats and tabs on what race was bringing in that money. It all spends the same.