Jamie Foxx... WTF???

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I disagree, growing up I recall seeing MJ on American Bandstand, the Jackson 5 even had a cartoon on Saturday morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jackson_5ive_(TV_series)

MJ and the Jackson Five were marketed like any other product. For it to have gotten as big as it did, it's really irrelevant what race is credited as early support and indiscernible as well. One could say the father put down his own hard earned to start the group, then again where does one delineate the source of that income, much more the race of it's origin ?

Jamie Foxx's intent behind his words was exclusionary, yet when the money rolls in neither he (in his own career) nor MJ/Jackson 5 was keeping stats and tabs on what race was bringing in that money. It all spends the same.

Too bad their dad is a complete psycho and crazy like all his kids except Janet turned out to be. :rolleyes:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know I luv ya Sklar... but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

I recall you fondly as "one of the good guys". Hope you're well. ;-)

Life's been kind to you I assume?

Last edited:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do not want a same gender marriage because marriage is a failed heterosexual institute and why should ALL bisexual, gay, lesbian, and Trans people want to imitate heterosexuals in their relationships and lives? I feel that there are more pressing and important issues for gay men and LGBT people to focus on besides same gender marriage such as Don't ask Don't Tell, how in some states you can still get fired, badly harassed at work, or lose property for being gay/bisexual/lesbian/Trans, and there are lots of other anti GLBT constitutional amendments that are all more pressing than Civil Unions VS same gender marriage such as the LGBT Hate Crime Bill that constantly gets struck down.

The sole reason I demand the word marriage is because those who'd deny us it are doing so because they want to marginalize us. Nothing more.

Marriage is a secular term anyway (at least in its original form).

Yes. I'll agree with you on the LGBT Hate Crime Bill.

As we speak I'm working with the LGBT Anti-Violence Committee here in Boston on the recent attack on two lesbians in Provincetown, Massachusetts. As you may or may not know I was left for dead by two charming hatehongers on the beach in Provincetown in Sept. of 2007.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
There's nothing offensive in it. People are looking to find something where nothing exists.

What troubles me is that the naysayers invariably are the majority (whites) who don't understand the need for a minority to celebrate its own advances societally.

That what pisses me off about ppl who don't get Gay Parades.

Minorities have earned the right to celebrate their own against pretty negative odds.

I've delayed responding to some of the other comments so as not to respond "from the hip" as it were but Quite Fuckin' True, Stronz.

That some here don't understand what you've so succinctly explained is more of a reflection of their own lack of social insight, than any racism on the part of Foxx.

Nor are "black folk" necessarily being two-faced about having had issues with some of the things Jackson did while now honoring him in death.
Speaking in good terms of the newly departed and remembering their accomplishments is not necessarily a "black" thing as another here suggested.

Seems I can recall that even Presley was not exactly top of the charts or in the daily news at the time of his death, upon which he forevermore became "the King".

Btw, I also agree with your comments re. marriage.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Last edited:

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jamie Foxx's 15 minutes of fame are up! All I could hear MJ saying is "Who the fuck are you". Speak for yourself when you become someone. You (JF) shared him with us?You were not even fucking born yet! Douche pump!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Too bad their dad is a complete psycho and crazy like all his kids except Janet turned out to be. :rolleyes:

The other night when JJ was making her comments on one of the entertainment shows, I was thinking, isn't this a perfect opportunity for a costume failure, come on Janet let that nipple out for some fresh air, let those puppies breathe.