Jan-Michael Gambill (tennis player)

ManuelTennis86

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yep, that's what it looks like. Has he ever officially said he's gay or that he's dating a guy?

No which I think is a shame and pretty cowardly. I know several people whom he’s gone on dates and have confirmed that he is clearly gay.

Mmmmmmave

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No which I think is a shame and pretty cowardly. I know several people whom he’s gone on dates and have confirmed that he is clearly gay.

He is a tennis coach and travels to many countries for work including multiple countries in the Middle East, Russia and other homophobic countries. Like many others in the tennis world, he is out but not publicly.

D

deleted1052342

I've said it before but I want to live in a world where people don't make being gay an announcement. Good for him if he is just going about his life, as someone said above I don't think he is really hiding it.

Reactions: bigtoad

HenryMarshall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've said it before but I want to live in a world where people don't make being gay an announcement. Good for him if he is just going about his life, as someone said above I don't think he is really hiding it.

He could be a hero and an example for young gay kids who are afraid to come out on the pro tour but he's a coward. There's been many out females on the WTA Tour but never on the ATP.

Reactions: BussyPhilipps

VCY

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He could be a hero and an example for young gay kids who are afraid to come out on the pro tour but he's a coward. There's been many out females on the WTA Tour but never on the ATP.

Coming out is up to the individual, it's not something that's owed to others.

Reactions: bigtoad

HenryMarshall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

It's 2018 and he's practically out already via his social media. He's just being a coward and not wanting to do it when he could be inspiring young kids all over the world and doing it for the greater good. He could also make a lot of money if he did: book, book tour, interviews, speaking engagements, leadership roles, etc.

Reactions: BussyPhilipps

BussyPhilipps

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think if you are in the position to do so and your safety isn’t at risk, you should come out because it makes it easier for those who come after you to be out and not feel that their sexuality is something they have to hide and be ashamed of. You can’t just think of yourself. You’re literally paving the way for those who come after you. Since there has yet to be an openly gay ATP player, it would really open doors for others to come out or young players growing up to be openly gay and not worried how their sexuality may be perceived in the sport and locker room.

Reactions: ManuelTennis86