JANE RUSSELL | so gay!

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it's amazing how MUCH sexual content got aproved by the aproval comisson. those swimsuits, at a distance apear to be unexistent, and the whole coreography, male dance, presentation is absolutely 'GAY' in its true form.
a lot of musical from those times had a explicit sexual content, well 'covered' within the story narration, that things like this 'gym dance' passed.
I guess that for its time, this dance routin was very avant garde, and in someway, distracting from the lead actress... POOR jane, she wanted to sparkle, but surrounded by 30 undressed WELL hung male dancers, SHE got NO chace at all... :D

Golfbuddy

Expert Member
Media
I know Jane Russell. I have been to her Sedona, AZ home many times. I went to school with one of her sons, but first met her because I was making too much noise at Oak Creek Canyon and she came outside and asked us to quiet down. When she realized we were just cute, athletic college kids she asked us in for iced tea. Great lady. And tomorrow she'll be 87! Go Jane! She's no dyke.

JMMuscle

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's amazing how MUCH sexual content got aproved by the aproval comisson. those swimsuits, at a distance apear to be unexistent, and the whole coreography, male dance, presentation is absolutely 'GAY' in its true form.
a lot of musical from those times had a explicit sexual content, well 'covered' within the story narration, that things like this 'gym dance' passed.
I guess that for its time, this dance routin was very avant garde, and in someway, distracting from the lead actress... POOR jane, she wanted to sparkle, but surrounded by 30 undressed WELL hung male dancers, SHE got NO chace at all... :D

You might like to check out the move, The Celluloid Closet

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

theonewhomustbekept

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
She's so beautiful in this scene. Women weren't under so much pressure to be thin back then. I'm not hatin' on the skinnies, but it's good to see a gal with meat on her bones sometimes.

Some trivia about this scene:
One of the musclemen is Jane's brother.
The sequence as originally planned didn't include Jane falling into the pool. It happened by accident, and they decided to keep it in the film.

submit452

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I know Jane Russell. I have been to her Sedona, AZ home many times. I went to school with one of her sons, but first met her because I was making too much noise at Oak Creek Canyon and she came outside and asked us to quiet down. When she realized we were just cute, athletic college kids she asked us in for iced tea. Great lady. And tomorrow she'll be 87! Go Jane! She's no dyke.
I love her too. Ever since she did those 1970s bra ads. That is the hottest dance number ever in old films. It's amazing that got past the Hays office. I bet there were alot of people jacking off to that shit, me included! Jane Russell+ Hot boys= orgasm in my humble opinion.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've seen the 'closeted celluloid' film and.. WOW... i'M A BELIEVER now! :D
it's just SO good. who would have guessed that the 'homosexual trend' didn't start in the late 70's and had an upbring in the 90's. IT has always been arround! and lets HOPE it stays, even if closeted, not for all to see. [it just makes it MORE special! :D]