Janet Jackson

Media
For those who are fans, what has happened to Ms Jackson!? :redface:

I mean it seems that her primetime is over. Her last 4 records flopped. Her last tour last year which I enjoyed was not sold out. Her new single for her new best of compilation doesn't seem to be making any waves.

The good ol days when she was challenging herself with albums like control, rhythm nation 1814, janet and even the velvet rope seem to be over. All for you wasn't a great album but at least it sold 2 million copies when it came out. Can't say the same for damita jo, 20 yold which i enjoyed and discipline.

I hear she's coming out with a new record next year but i honestly don't have much faith in her anymore.

I think she needs to stop with the sexed up songs and do something we wouldn't expect from her. We need her to challenge us musically speaking at this point because it's obvious that those dance tracks and the jimmy jam & terry lewis collaborations aren't clicking anymore.

any thoughts?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For those who are fans, what has happened to Ms Jackson!? :redface:

I mean it seems that her primetime is over. Her last 4 records flopped. Her last tour last year which I enjoyed was not sold out. Her new single for her new best of compilation doesn't seem to be making any waves.

The good ol days when she was challenging herself with albums like control, rhythm nation 1814, janet and even the velvet rope seem to be over. All for you wasn't a great album but at least it sold 2 million copies when it came out. Can't say the same for damita jo, 20 yold which i enjoyed and discipline.

I hear she's coming out with a new record next year but i honestly don't have much faith in her anymore.

I think she needs to stop with the sexed up songs and do something we wouldn't expect from her. We need her to challenge us musically speaking at this point because it's obvious that those dance tracks and the jimmy jam & terry lewis collaborations aren't clicking anymore.

any thoughts?

I dunno. I feel the same way with Britney. Beyonce. Madonna. I wish that people at record companies would ban artists from using Antares Autotune.

Janet Jackson is probably gonna put out some more sexual songs though. She has said that a lot of babies were conceived to some of her songs. (Apparently there was research done on that because she said it was so.)

I hope that Americans challenge and petition all artists: singers, musicians, songwriters, composers to be more creative. But speaking as an artist...It is really, really hard to make music that is different and that people will buy. That is why commercial music has become formulaic. And I think that Americans should have better music education classes in schools. Exposure to different music and sounds...inspire future music lovers and may create a better informed and appreciative public for music.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She lost her pop days ala Control and Rhythm Nation and the then just danced around the musical landscape. She has a nice if albeit thin voice and should have capitalized on what mmde her famous, Don't forget her first her outings before control were total bombs.