Janet & Paula Save DOA American Idol finale

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well its over, and not a minute too soon. What proved to be the most lackluster season of American Idol finally had its swan song last nite, with a finale show which proved equally as Boring and irrelevant, pulling out all the stops with a gaggle of hasbeen performers, corny/cheesy performances, and a predictable Farewell to Simon.

But then, the Fierce appearances of Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul brought some needed life to the already DOA and flatlined show. Janet Awesome and Paula Crazy made me sit up and take notice. So producers, you did 2 things right.

Oh yeah, and then there was the winner, Lee.... My choice of the 2 finalists, but still didnt blow me away.....(he's no Adam Lambert)...

Cant wait for the new season of Jersey Shore. Now THATS entertainment. ! You go Snookie......:cool:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought there was a lot of great entertainment, I thought Crystal and Arron sounded beautiful together, they should have sang the song without the bg's. Crystal and Alanis was ok. Brett Michaels wasn't 100 percent there yet but I was glad to see him on stage there( I wouldn't be surprised if he did it for free). Christine Aguilera sounded great but that song didn't sem very well produced in my opinion. One thing the show lacked was punch. It could have used some Adam Lambert production or Lady Gaga, something that was amazing at least. Stupid Ryan kept talking in his mic after Kris started singing. The audio mixing was poor just like last years show. Why the show goes in small studio all year long and then all the sudden these people are suppose to perform in large places like that is just crazy. To much focus on Simons leaving. And I didn't find Dane Cook very funny. I did like the other funny guy and his comment about Simons shirt couldn't be tighter unless he had Randy in there with him.

hungthickone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
quote"But then, the Fierce appearances of Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul brought some needed life to the already DOA and flatlined show. Janet Awesome and Paula Crazy made me sit up and take notice. So producers, you did 2 things right."

Got to be kidding, Paula sounded and acted as loopy as ever, and when was Janet ever relevant(1983?) She drug out that old worn out song and looked like she was hiding Lady GaGa in her pants!
And where was Adam LamberT? Just like Crystal, he was the real winner and proof that people that vote may not be the same ppl that buy the music(?)
I'm jus sayin

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
quote"But then, the Fierce appearances of Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul brought some needed life to the already DOA and flatlined show. Janet Awesome and Paula Crazy made me sit up and take notice. So producers, you did 2 things right."

Got to be kidding, Paula sounded and acted as loopy as ever,(and thats WHY we LOVE her) and when was Janet ever relevant(1983?) (relevance aside, her performance had ZING) She drug out that old worn out song and looked like she was hiding Lady GaGa in her pants! (yup, and had all the str8 men DROOLING)
And where was Adam LamberT? Just like Crystal, he was the real winner and proof that people that vote may not be the same ppl that buy the music(?) (ageed, Crystal will do fine if some company takes a chance on her, and gives her a fucking make-over)
I'm jus sayin

You are entitled to say whatever you like. :biggrin1:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought there was a lot of great entertainment, I thought Crystal and Arron sounded beautiful together, they should have sang the song without the bg's. Crystal and Alanis was ok. Brett Michaels wasn't 100 percent there yet but I was glad to see him on stage there( I wouldn't be surprised if he did it for free).(Hooray Brett) Christine Aguilera sounded great but that song didn't sem very well produced in my opinion. One thing the show lacked was punch. It could have used some Adam Lambert production or Lady Gaga, something that was amazing at least. Stupid Ryan kept talking in his mic after Kris started singing. The audio mixing was poor just like last years show. Why the show goes in small studio all year long and then all the sudden these people are suppose to perform in large places like that is just crazy. To much focus on Simons leaving.(not really, his leaving may have really KILLED the show) And I didn't find Dane Cook very funny.(HORRENDOUS) I did like the other funny guy and his comment about Simons shirt couldn't be tighter unless he had Randy in there with him.

You mean Shioban and Aaron ????

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After last season I predicted this show would never be the same (the Adam Lambert effect) and now without Simon it's all over. Janet was hot and her ass was phat. Good to see Paula there for old times sake. Almost got genuinely sad when Simon gave his farewell.

macho8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i've gotten the winner wrong for about 3 seasons now... i'm starting to think American Idol is watched by little girls and they vote the most on it....

Simon's probably frustrated by this as well...

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can't believe Lee won. He's even more dull than that Kris guy who won last year. Totally lacking charisma or a distinct voice. Ugh. Crystal was miles better on the night.

Paula is great in small doses. Janet looked better than Ive seen for a long time. Although I'm pretty certain she was miming.

The show didn't seem to be much about the finalists. More about Simon. And is Beautiful day the winners song? How odd choosing a U2 song. And lazy.

Overall quite entertaining but glad this weak series is done.

hungthickone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i've gotten the winner wrong for about 3 seasons now... i'm starting to think American Idol is watched by little girls and they vote the most on it....

Simon's probably frustrated by this as well...

Exactly what I thought!

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes your correct they sounded good together

But not so good with the actual Beegees. I wanted them to gtfo. I feel sorry for musical legends having to lower themselves to duetting with nonentities.

Oh and I liked Aguilera's new song. And Janet definitely mimed.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But not so good with the actual Beegees. I wanted them to gtfo. I feel sorry for musical legends having to lower themselves to duetting with nonentities.

Word, cause what would the beegees be doing right now if they weren't on the idol finale duetting with nonentities in front of 30 million viewers...

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only thing I liked about that show was tiny little Christina Aguilera's fat, sturdy ass and lovely face. Otherwise, the show was nothing but a vehicle for sponsor commercials.