Japanese hot-spring and public bath

triot

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Anyone ever been to Japan and went to hot spring(Onsen) or public bath(ofuro)?
In the bathing area,everyone had to be naked and share the tub.
It's just great...let's share the experiences!:biggrin1:
Ju+forever.jpg

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love the onsen. I was in Japan during winter and it was very relaxing to soak in the warm, open air pool while the air you breath is relatively cold. It did not snow when I was there, but I was happy enough.

The locals did not show any sign of shyness with nudity - I am sure it is because they were exposed to naked human bodies from childhood. The onsen would admit children - I presume they have to be accompanied by adults.

One thing to remember though, the small towel does not go into the onsen. Some people put their towels on the side, while some fold them up and place the small towel on their heads. Dipping that small towel in the water is deemed unhygienic, and even worse would be for a guest in an onsen to use the small towel to scrub himself while soaking in the hot water.

mak87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love the onsen. I was in Japan during winter and it was very relaxing to soak in the warm, open air pool while the air you breath is relatively cold. It did not snow when I was there, but I was happy enough.

The locals did not show any sign of shyness with nudity - I am sure it is because they were exposed to naked human bodies from childhood. The onsen would admit children - I presume they have to be accompanied by adults.

One thing to remember though, the small towel does not go into the onsen. Some people put their towels on the side, while some fold them up and place the small towel on their heads. Dipping that small towel in the water is deemed unhygienic, and even worse would be for a guest in an onsen to use the small towel to scrub himself while soaking in the hot water.
Whats the purpose of the towel?

madraglic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Whats the purpose of the towel?
Modesty. Also it's very hot in the baths, often above 40c so it's nice to have a small towel to wipe your face, etc. It can also be used to dry yourself off so you don't drip all over the changing area when you return there to change.

Reactions: mak87

ttmh10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is my favourite thing to do in Japan. Seriously relaxing after a day trekking around Japan :)
I agree. My friend (female) took me to to a public bath and I really enjoyed it so much that I didn’t want to leave, from rinsing myself, then soaking in different tubs and sitting in the sauna too. I started exploring other public baths in the area every night until the end 9f my trip.

Reactions: madraglic

madraglic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Y
I agree. My friend (female) took me to to a public bath and I really enjoyed it so much that I didn’t want to leave, from rinsing myself, then soaking in different tubs and sitting in the sauna too. I started exploring other public baths in the area every night until the end 9f my trip.
yeah man, it's my favourite thing by far, every hotel I stay in has to have an Onsen, and I check out the super sento when I'm in big cities. I need to find a great open air onsen next time, out in the countryside.

madraglic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
No. But in my country, we have onsen too.

Hot story? Well I'm into sph so more of being seen and sometimes laughed at for being the smallest guy in locker is hot for me lol.
Wow people comment on your cock? That's crazy - I know it's a stereotype but lots of Asians have small cocks so shouldn't be throwing stones when they live in a glass house!!!!

yeahboy123

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow people comment on your cock? That's crazy - I know it's a stereotype but lots of Asians have small cocks so shouldn't be throwing stones when they live in a glass house!!!!
Well I'm my cock really is a small. Like a little bird. I know most Asians are small but they have something hanging at least. Mine is just like the balls with something barely being seen lol

madraglic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well I'm my cock really is a small. Like a little bird. I know most Asians are small but they have something hanging at least. Mine is just like the balls with something barely being seen lol
Hehe I want to see it now dude you have me intrigued

WadWorshipper

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

It sounds amazing. I love being nude but in the US, this is sadly a rarity. I would much rather live in a society where nudism is normal, at least in public baths like this. It does make me wonder though, if nudism is that ingrained, do they even notice each other's cocks? If I were to visit with a 5.5" soft cock, and being white, would there be stolen glances at it as I moved from bath to bath?
(Thanks for explaining that towel...I was wondering....)

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It sounds amazing. I love being nude but in the US, this is sadly a rarity. I would much rather live in a society where nudism is normal, at least in public baths like this. It does make me wonder though, if nudism is that ingrained, do they even notice each other's cocks? If I were to visit with a 5.5" soft cock, and being white, would there be stolen glances at it as I moved from bath to bath?
(Thanks for explaining that towel...I was wondering....)

What I noticed was that, in an onsen, the locals hardly cast a glance at the other patrons.

I think this needs a bit of context. Generally speaking, the locals in Japan do not trim their pubes. Their long pubes tend to cover much that could be shown. I trim my pubes and shave my shaft and balls, but I hardly noticed the eyes of the locals linger at my boy bits. This is not to say they do not look - but it could be from the novelty of the trimmed pubes. I am of Chinese descend, so skin tone and facial features to not differ too much from the locals.

As for you being white, I would not be surprised if you would attract a bit of attention due to the different colour of your hair and skin tone. My experience in my various visits to onsens is that the locals are very polite and would not openly stare at the other patrons in the premises.

I do not think they will approach you because they probably perceive a language barrier.

I do not speak Japanese, so I cannot hold any conversation with the locals in the onsens in Japan, but I did observe a group of young Japanese talking and joking with each other.

I hope this helps, and I hope you would have an opportunity to enjoy a Japanese hot-spring and/or a public bath house in Japan in the near future.