Japanese Onsen

June Bernardino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Does anyone have any good recommendations for Onsen to visit? Any area, just looking to get a few tips before making travel plans. :)
Go to spa world osaka or oedo onsen monogatari in odaiba.

They are both foreigner friendly.

Senpai1997

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What’s the onsen called?

There’s similar one in Osaka too. It’s called Hokuokan. The bath is not as big as Spa World —Well, it’s basically gay onsen and sauna— but I bumped into many tourists before COVID. If you like onsen and cruising, you’re gonna love it.

Reactions: EnkiEa432

madraglic

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Do they allow tattoos?
Not that I have any.
Just I know it would cut down the number of westerners.
I saw a few smallish tattoos and didn't see them being kicked out. That said, I don't think they are allowed - so staff could take issue, be aware!

Reactions: lesterbegood

Senpai1997

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Daikichi Umeda Ryo is the only one for an under 40? Tks mate
I mean, there are only two gay saunas in Osaka since two locations closed in March. Tokyo has more than Osaka, so if you are going to Tokyo too, I recommend to go one there.

Reactions: italianhairy

oook

Loved Member
Media
Going to Japan in September. I always book accommodation with a communal bath. Anshin Oyado in Tokyo is my favorite male-only capsule hotel chain and apparently many international travellers stay there too. They have only a communal bath and no private shower stalls so all guests have to bath naked. Always excited to see men from different countries stay naked or wear only a towel in the locker room.

asncrsr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mean, there are only two gay saunas in Osaka since two locations closed in March. Tokyo has more than Osaka, so if you are going to Tokyo too, I recommend to go one there.
I've been to a supposedly regular public onsen in Osaka in 2018 called Kompira where customers are mostly if not totally gay. There were had quite a lot of discreet action going on here and there in the hidden areas and corner. Guys sit in the pool and just feel up one another in the water. I had quite a a bit of handjobs and oral. Think the owner definitely knows whats going on but they don't seem to care. Very local and old feel. Mixed crowd from young to very mature. Tattoos allowed - i have several palm sized tattoos on my back.