Jason Bateman Photos

ChileCat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's sad that hollywood never forgave her for whatever it was she was supposed to have done.

I always really liked her when she was Rhoda Morgenstern, except when she divorced Joe. He was handsome.

Oh, and Jason sends me over the moon. I heard somewhere that he went Comando during most of Arrested Development. Isnt' there supposed to be new episodes some time soon?

S

SirConcis

Arrested Development expected on Netflix by May. 13 episodes.

I wonder if Micheal Cerra will have matured or if he will still be boyish.

sevenman77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is very sad about Valerie Harper, but to answer a question from earlier, it wasn't Valerie that was the problem, it was her manager/husband. He caused way too much trouble for the show. Brandon Tartikoff asked her to keep him away, she wouldn't and the trouble escalated. They gave her an ultimatum to get rid of him or lose the show. She stuck with him, and Brandon fired her. At that time Sandy Duncan had filmed a new pilot titled Act Two for NBC and was waiting for confirmation to be picked up. Brandon made the offer to Sandy's manager to have her take the series. They dangled a very expensive ($50K) diamond bracelet in front of her at lunch and by that afternoon the deal was set. As for her pilot, there was room for only one more comedy with kids in it on the schedule so they picked up a weak comedy series starring Haley Mills based on the comic strip Good Morning Miss Peach that Sandy initially turned down. The weak series was titled, Saved By the Bell. Valerie never carried a series again. So sad. She is extremely talented.

Last edited:
S

SirConcis

Well, Bateman works with some talented women on Arrested Development. It is not really easy for me to compare against Valerie Harper because my memories of Rhoda are just very vague so it is hard to compare acting capabilities with contemporary acrtesses.

BTW, where did the character Rhoda first appear ? Was in in Mary Tyler More ? It is on that first show where Rhoda was best. Once she got her own show, it didn't seem to be good.

sevenman77

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Valerie initially appeared as Rhoda on Mart Tyler Moore's series as her upstairs neighbor. After she had a spinoff series that was semi-successful called Rhoda. Then NBC cast her what eventually became Harper Family.

S

SirConcis

To me, Jason Bateman is more of a locker room buddy. The type you'd see in locker room naked and chat about weather/whatever after a workout.