Jason_Els has left the building. RIP.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Nick8, Jan 18, 2010.

1. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I am unbearably sorry to tell you all that Jason-Els died today of massive heart failure as a complication from esophageal cancer at 1:45 pm. Although his sister and I, as his health proxies, gave consent to try to shock his heart to restart, the efforts were unsuccessful.

He died quickly and relatively painlessly which could not, unfortunately, have been said about his last days although he was, for the most part comfortable. Organ failure had begun to set in leaving virtually no hope for recovery and plans for hospice care at home which were being put in place, as was his wish, were not given enough time to be effectuated.

Please know what your thoughts and kind wishes meant to him. I continued to read them to him daily and even hourly and they never failed to make him smile. I'm not a praying man--and neither was he, though spiritual--but continue to think of him.

I've got so much I want to say about Jason but I'm unable just now to honor him in the way he deserves.

This board, and my life, certainly, will forever be poorer without him.

Nick8

2. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    You've already honoured him by being there for him when he needed you.

It's such a terrible shame. :frown1:

3. D_Tintagel_Demondong

I'll miss you deeply, Jason. You were a great and brilliant friend.

You have left a legacy of priceless knowledge and insight on this site. If for no other singular reason, I hope that LPSG lives forever.

Nick, as I mentioned yesterday elsewhere, you have selflessly helped Jason and his family, and they are lucky that you were there.

#3 D_Tintagel_Demondong, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  4. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Holy Shit :eek:,

I am so sorry for him and his family and friends (am honored to have been one, even if only internet)

Typing through tears, and dumbfounded as to what else to say :frown1::frown1:

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

As I said to you in PM, my thoughts are with you and his family now. If there is anything that I can do for you or them please call me.
    Everyone should have as good a friend as Jason was to you and I. And everyone should have a friend as wonderful and caring as you have been to Jason.

6. FleshlightMouth

Gold Member

Albums:
    My heart goes out to you and his family.
    We all lost a kind man and a good soul.
    Thank you, Nick, for being there.

7. invisibleman

Gold Member

Man...:frown1:.

8. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    Thanks Nick for being a Friend. RIP Jason

9. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

There's nothing I can add Nick to what I already said in the other thread. He will leave a huge void in many people's lives.

10. naughty

Gold Member

I have often wondered if we could have a thread or forum of rememberance for our many of our much beloved members who have gone on before us. Jason will be sorely missed. Thank you again Nick for all that you did for Jason in helping to make his last days more comfortable. It is a message to all of us we just dont know how long we have with one another so love, kindness, and understanding are the best medicine of all. Rest in peace , Jason. You will not be soon forgotten.

11. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am sad to hear about this.

He was one of the good ones.

He will be missed.

12. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Nick--

Thank you for taking such good care of Jason and for letting us know. I have such fond, incredible memories of him and our times together.

I am happy he went quickly and I, like you, wish to honor him. When I am more composed, I will try to share the fun, happy memories. I know he would appreciate that.

The good ones go far too soon.

EDIT: No, I want to write now -- while everything is fresh.

Jason spent Labor Day with me, my family and friends. He and I had chatted for a long time. I'll never forget him saying how he could not believe I had called him and how he never fully accepted a compliment I gave him about being amazing and woofy. So silly and amazingly humble was he. This was the kind of man Jason was.

At any rate, he decided to join us for a BBQ. He drove down from NY and even agreed to bring Bubba's mom for the ride if she wanted to travel (she did not). This was the kind of man Jason was.

He arrived and Bubba and I gave him big hugs and kisses. DC DEEP and family came by and so did some uncles and aunts of mine, as well as some of the kids.

For the next day, we sat around--either on the deck or in the kitchen and just talked. There were no walls, no defenses. Jason made you feel instantly at ease. He made you feel cared-for and loved. This is the kind of man that he was.

He sat on my deck and talked of love and life. How he wanted nothing more than to find a partner to call his own. How he wanted to more explore the things that interested him and made him happy.

He talked glowingly of his many friends here--those that had been seeing him through his treatments, members he loved more than he probably ever admitted, and more. People who collectively made him feel special. This is the kind of man the Jason was.

He was so insightful, attentive and inquisitive. My kids are young. They had plenty of questions. He answered them all. He made them feel as if he wanted to know EVERYthing about them. He instantly hit it off with DC. They joked and chatted for hours.

Rarely have I been around a man who had nothing but love and great things to say about everyone he mentioned. He was like a perfect press conference for truly being human and compassionate. Except, he was not a spokesperson-- he was a living, enduring, model.

This was the kind of man that Jason was.

My life is so much richer for having known and met him. I am SO sad right now, but I carry such amazing, warming, memories of my times with him (on the phone and in person) that i know that a part of his spirit will live on in each of us who knew him.

Rest In Peace, WooferBear. I love you.

#12 Lex, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  13. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Ignoring the pun, you have been a Saint Nick. You are a credit and an example to this board and the world.

Im Glad his suffering is over but saddened by the fact i didnt appriciate his knowlege as much as i should have. I send my best thought as wishes to you and his family.

(It really hard to not be cliche at these times.)

14. camper joe

Gold Member

I had no idea that Jason's battle with cancer had progress so far. To his family and to those who were his friends, make you find some comfort in that he was so well thought of by many here.
    Jason I hope your soul may, Rest In Peace.

15. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh no. So sorry to hear that. I'll miss his calm, intelligent posts in the midst of various firestorms. You really got a sense that he was a quality person.

I second an In Memoriam page, blog, or thread.......

16. D_Portelay Porquesword

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family. You were a brave and wonderful friend to stand by him Nick. Much love to you.

You will be missed Jason. xoxoxox

OY

17. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know where to begin. I was going to start by saying "this is such sad news," but "sad" is too happy a word for what kind of news it is. Nick, you've been a great friend to a great man. As always happens when someone dies, I only wish I had gotten to know him better. His suffering is over, and I'm glad for him that it is. Though his body was mortal, our memories of him are immortal, and I for one, intend to remember him forever.

18. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    Or group. If there's a group maybe the Mods or admins can add the known deceased members to the group.

Honoring our beloved who've gone on to a better place.

19. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What an awesome idea!!

I have saved all of Jason's pm's, and when I am having difficulty in the areas that we discussed I'll go back to read them. His face on the side of the pm helps with the reassurance.

Not being in an admin position here, I'm not sure what happens to accounts when a member passes on, but I want to see his account remain.

20. D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov Account Disabled

"People don't die; they become enchanted."

(Guimarães Rosa, Brazilian author)

Draft saved Draft deleted