Jason_Els has left the building. RIP.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am brokenhearted by Jason’s passing. I kept hoping and believing that he would recover and tried to convey that positivity to him in the hopes that it would help. I’m not sorry for trying but desolate that it obviously didn’t help.

Like I’m sure many others of us will come here to testify, Jason was sweet and kind, passionate and compassionate, brilliant and intellectually challenging, and much better than I and many others of us at rising above the pettiness that pervades us and leading us to a more harmonious way of thinking about each other. I’ve made some great friends here, been deeply disappointed by many others, but I never once worried that Jason would “turn on me” or treat me in any manner besides the direct and respectful way he interacted toward me and so many others. I learned from him and was enriched by the grace he extended to others, even in disagreement.

I missed a chance to see him this spring due to a glitch in my flight schedule and I’m feeling really sore and regretful about that now. I’m still in shock and I can’t make it sink in that I won’t read his thoughtful posts again. As Nick and others said, this Board (and the other ones he and I both posted together) will be poorer for his absence.

And thank you to Nick and everyone else who comforted him in his final period. My deepest sympathy and blessings to Jason and to all who knew and loved him.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Like I’m sure many others of us will come here to testify, Jason was sweet and kind, passionate and compassionate, brilliant and intellectually challenging, and much better than I and many others of us at rising above the pettiness that pervades us and leading us to a more harmonious way of thinking about each other. I’ve made some great friends here, been deeply disappointed by many others, but I never once worried that Jason would “turn on me” or treat me in any manner besides the direct and respectful way he interacted toward me and so many others. I learned from him and was enriched by the grace he extended to others, even in disagreement.

What a beautiful tribute. You really captured the essence of the man.

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
I have often wondered if we could have a thread or forum of rememberance for our many of our much beloved members who have gone on before us. Jason will be sorely missed. Thank you again Nick for all that you did for Jason in helping to make his last days more comfortable. It is a message to all of us we just dont know how long we have with one another so love, kindness, and understanding are the best medicine of all. Rest in peace , Jason. You will not be soon forgotten.

This is a workable idea. Maybe it could be made into a kind of gallery.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There's no doubt in my mind that you made his last conscious moments happy ones. You've done a great deal.

Jason...:frown1:
It's difficult to digest something like this.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I did not know Jason or even chat with him at anytime. But I am saddened by the news of his passing. He sounded like a wonderful man who deserves to be remembered by all. As others have suggested there should be a thread dedicated to members who have passed on. RIP in Jason.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How about a memorial fund? Next time someone gets seriously ill (if they need the money) they could get some help the Jason Els Memorial Fund. He was all about helping others. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by boerkie [URL]http://www.lpsg.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]
nick, thanks so much for the updates.
i have been mulling this over in me head....is there a way that we as a group, all 36 pages of posters, can help contribute financially?? is it needed? maybe even just to cover your costs for the trips there and back??
i am sure every little bit would help, and it is by gathering the drops that the cup fills up. please let us know, and i trust i am not the only person that feels this way. if i broke some unknown rule by bringing this up, please forgive me!!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have often wondered if we could have a thread or forum of rememberance for our many of our much beloved members who have gone on before us.

I think this is a great idea but would like to offer a couple of extra thoughts. Jason was always positive and insightful in his posts. I think it would be befitting of him to be remembered in a positive way.

Perhaps a sub forum for member announcements (both happy and sad) named after Jason. An area for posting about birthdays, illness, members dying weddings etc etc. Just an initial thought.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think this is a great idea but would like to offer a couple of extra thoughts. Jason was always positive and insightful in his posts. I think it would be befitting of him to be remembered in a positive way.

Perhaps a sub forum for member announcements (both happy and sad) named after Jason. An area for posting about birthdays, illness, members dying weddings etc etc. Just an initial thought.

What a great idea.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Davey darlin',

We all defer to your brilliance. I am sure you all will come up with the best way to get the job done. Keep up the good work! Wuv Woo!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow it's strange how close to a year its been that Jason first went in the hospital. At least his fight is over. He managed to keep a positive attitude as far as I can tell. I can only imagine how this has been for you as well Nick. He was lucky to have you as a friend. RIP Jason...

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This news has come as a bit of a shock to me because i had not been following the other thread so although aware of illness i never knew the true extent.
It is a notable loss and his presence on the board will be missed, he was such an intelligent and thoughtful 'gentlemen'. He had an air of wisdom and sophistication about him that i found truly admirable.
RIP Jason

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Memories must be personal. Mine are of a scholar of that subject which held my youth, and happiness or rather pleasure that I was able to share his generosity of mind and spirit.

Thank you Els. Never forgotten.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh Dear GOD! :cry: I'm sorry his last days were so painful. He was always so nice to me. We had great chats on a number of topics. He was incredibly erudite and elegant, and I shall miss him. My most heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. :frown1:

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I only knew Jason very briefly but in that time he was extremely sweet and friendly and gentlemanly towards me. In PM discussion we discovered we had much in common and I found him to be an extremely intelligent, interesting and open person, I am very sad that I shall not be able to get to know him better.

His friends and family have my sincerest condolences, and I am certain their loss is a very great one. His absence here will be extremely pronounced. This is very saddening news.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is bringing some tears out of me. I had the priveledge of meeting him for coffee and several hours of aimless driving just talking about anything. I found him to be all of the things people have said. I regret that I couldn't meet him at the bear fest last month. There are beautiful pieces of him that could be captured by his presence. He had this enthusiastic , energetic glow coupled with his intelligence. I'll miss his strong defense of spirituality.

Peace Jason.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am so sad and heartbroken. I really thought he was going to pull through and you guys would come down here to visit. I am numb and in denial about it.

Thank you Nick for taken care of him for us while he was here.

My fondest memory of Jason is his organization of the NY Meet-N-Greet. It was the second one and I am so happy that he got us all together and I could meet so many cool people from here.

I had the pleasure of speaking to him in his hospital room less than two weeks ago. He sounded strong, but towards the end of the call he was hurting. I am so glad I was able to speak to him and pass on the number to two others that I knew he would be thrilled to hear from.

Jason I hope to meet you again in the great beyond.

Last edited:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG!
Now I feel like shit. I too, never looked at the thread about him being in the hospital. I didnt know how bad things were.

I really enjoyed his posts. He is one of my top 10 favorites here. Very intelligent, insightful man.

My stomach actually sank when I rolled my mouse over to the title of the thread, and it said RIP at the end. I thought the building he left was the hospital! And I thought, "Good for him, he is finally out!"

He will be missed.