Jason_Els has left the building. RIP.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Right now I hate EVERYTHING. This sucks and is so unfair. Nick you were a great friend to help Jason this way this past year or so. I just want to bang my head on a table. I'm numb. numb. numb.
Jason was at my place a few weeks before he went into the hospital and we had a great old time and then it all tanked.
He will be sorely missed and there will never be another Jason. I'm gonna miss the 3 or so of us hanging out at your place or going to restaurants etc. A piece of the Mafia is gone and it will never be the same. I swear I'm still in shock from your phone call I just sat in a chair for 3 hrs and stared into the air. I'm gonna call u now.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I am deeply saddened to hear of Jason's passing. His insight and compassion has touched so many here. He will be missed and we are lessened by his absence.

Rest peacefully, Jason.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Looking at his profile, I would like to remember him as he saw things:

'Happy bear living a great life, fortuned by many friends.'

Maybe a way to remember him would be by volunteering or giving to a cause he believed in,, http://www.thetrevorproject.org or if Nick knows of family wishes for where memorial contributions might go in Jason's honor and memory.

Again, I say this~~Jason will be missed more than I can put in words.

basketbulge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I followed your posts on three boards, and I never encountered a more kind and generous soul online. I will remember you fondly Jason. Thank you for being.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Here's a pm I just received and my response. I know I'm not myself, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Who was Jason-Els?

I don't want to sound mean or dismissive, but if you don't know, I can't begin to tell you, especially if you've been a member since 2007.

Ask around. You'll hear.

It's no longer up to me.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have nothing but good things to say of Jason. He was a voice of intelligence. Of wisdom. Of reason, and more than anything else, of compassion. Our world at large, and the lives of those he knew in particular, are diminished with his passing...he was truly the best of all of us, and he will be greatly missed.

I hope that he found peace, and my heart goes out to all who are hurting at his passing.

Au revoir, mon frère.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You've already honoured him by being there for him when he needed you.

Nick8,

I have been quietly following this thread and I have admired your selflessness.

As joll said, you have honoured him by being there for him .

Saddened as I am with Jason's passing, I am comforted by the fact that he was in relatively little pain.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:frown1: We lost a very dear friend and he seemed like such a sweet person. I hardly knew him, but he struck as a very warm guy to talk to. May he be remembered for years to come for his good work on earth. Everybody on LPSG will all miss his posts.

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think that's a fair response. Even those of us who don't know Jason as well as you do know how important he was to the LPSG community. He will be dearly missed.

Here's a pm I just received and my response. I know I'm not myself, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Who was Jason-Els?

I don't want to sound mean or dismissive, but if you don't know, I can't begin to tell you, especially if you've been a member since 2007.

Ask around. You'll hear.

It's no longer up to me.

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Jason was an honorable and intelligent man. He treated others with respect and consideration. He was capable of kindness to others, and exhibited great tolerance. We should all try to emulate much of his example.

Nick, you are a good man, too.

Jason -- you go on ahead, we will all eventually follow.

Brett

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm so sad to hear this.

Jason was a very kind and intelligent man, and he was really trying to get possession of his life. It's sad that that effort was cut off prematurely.

I loved his posts ... his wide range of knowledge, his easy, intimate way of explaining things, his patience with the people who usually knew far less of a subject than he did.

(Also, his love of the truth ... because Jason rarely if ever got positional about things. If someone made a slight correction here or there to a post, Jason would always examine it neutrally and welcome it, if it took him nearer the truth. I respected that in him a lot.)

I met Jason a couple of times, and I found him perhaps a bit less fluently social than the person many of you have described. Shy and a bit awkward, I would say. But it was all good … because you never felt that Jason was snaring you with charm, and you did feel courage in this shy bear who never stopped reaching out.

My take, anyway.

Someone said that Jason was a real gentleman.

I second that. Jason always kept things on a civilized level. He was a patrician of the spirit.

I would like to pay tribute to Nick8 who over the past months has given new dimension to the word ‘friend.’ Jason had a lot of support from friends, obviously … but he needed someone in the flesh shepherding him around, giving him pep talks, allowing him to express and release all the emotional trauma of these last few months. Nick, who's known his share of illness and death, stepped up beautifully.

They’ve both been great examples over these last months.

I'm just glad that we can cherish that incredible range of sage and perceptive posts, and nice memories of a really fine man.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Who was Jason-Els?

Ask around. You'll hear.

It's no longer up to me.

Personally, I applaud you on your restraint. I'd have been far less kind, and by no means patient. The question was insensitive at best, and intentionally hurtful at worst. You handled it with a tact and grace I can't even fathom mustering, were I in your shoes.

*hugs* to you Nick. I think you need them.