Jason_Els has left the building. RIP.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Jason was a very kind and intelligent man, and he was really trying to get possession of his life. It's sad that that effort was cut off prematurely.

I loved his posts ... his wide range of knowledge, his easy, intimate way of explaining things, his patience with the people who usually knew far less of a subject than he did.

(Also, his love of the truth ... because Jason rarely if ever got positional about things. If someone made a slight correction here or there to a post, Jason would always examine it neutrally and welcome it, if it took him nearer the truth. I respected that in him a lot.)

I met Jason a couple of times, and I found him perhaps a bit less fluently social than the person many of you have described. Shy and a bit awkward, I would say. But it was all good … because you never felt that Jason was snaring you with charm, and you did feel courage in this shy bear who never stopped reaching out.

Someone said that Jason was a real gentleman.

I second that. Jason always kept things on a civilized level. He was a patrician of the spirit.

As always, my friend, you say things beautifully. Thanks, Cyrano.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I met Jason a couple of times, and I found him perhaps a bit less fluently social than the person many of you have described. Shy and a bit awkward, I would say. But it was all good … because you never felt that Jason was snaring you with charm, and you did feel courage in this shy bear who never stopped reaching out.

When I met Jason at the NYC Meet-N-Greet he was very confident and in charge. A very pleasant and charming guy. I didn't get to speak that much with him until later in the night as he was in the middle of the huge long table and I was at the far end. I was the shy one that night and he was a big part of the reason that I went to the get together at all.

I only PM'd him a few times briefly, but I felt a friendly bond with him regardless. Just reading his posts and seeing how he was trying to find bars to go to in his area or heading out to Pennsylvania made me happy. He also put in a good word and vouched for me and I feel that he is part of the reason that Bucko and I formed a friendship. I feel so bad that he never got a chance to come down here to South Florida. We all would have had a blast together. It's sad that Bucko never got a chance to meet Jason in person, but they still had a very good friendship.

I am at a loss right now. Since I heard the news I can't watch TV or visit any other web forums that I normally view, who don't know who Janson is. I did go out with Bucko and we rode around near the beach. I don't think we really wanted to talk about Jason too much because it made us sad, but we did, and we spoke about other things, and then I drove Bucko to work and came back here to grieve.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So sad to hear this terrible news Nick. I know that all of Jason's friends will miss him so sorely, but I also know that they'll all have lovely memories of him to look back on and that, in their hearts, he will live on forever in a million ways.
xxxxxx

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OH MY!!

:frown1:

REST in Peace!!!

Lex, I am sure that he was happy to have friends like you and the others..

My goodness...

I just looked to see who who was.
That man was a cool person...
He WILL be VERY missed....

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since I'm having a terrible time getting to sleep I thot I'd post this musical tribute for Jason. I think it says alot about our frindship and his problems over the last year.

Goodbye My Friend

It's a sad song but very moving. After talking to Nick the other day I was listening to this cd and this song came on again. W/what was impending just lost it.
Sometimes tears really do help for a few minutes.

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm shocked and so saddened. I was CERTAIN this was not going to happen. I just knew he was going to be ok. Jason was an excellent human - compasionate and truly kind. He will be missed. I'm sorry for all of you who knew and loved him in person. A true loss.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm very sad that our friend Jason has died. It's such a shame and so sad that a man of his intellect and compassion could not be with the world for a longer time. I wish I had had the chance to meet him in person, but nonetheless feel honored to have known him through this forum.

Nick... what can I say. You are a quite a man. I'm sorry for the loss of your good friend. He was lucky to have you there at his side.

Godspeed Jason_Els

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I’m sorry that you're gone so young and with so many dreams left.

I’m sorry that I couldn’t be the friend you wished I was.

I’m sorry that I couldn’t save you from your fight with death.

I’m sorry for honestly thinking you'd recover from this and assuming you'd always be here.

I’m sorry I hadn’t told you I’m lost and not you dear man.

I'm sorry Jason.

Prayers and Peace to you.

Last edited:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Oh, lord. Now the pressure's on.

Well, if someone wants to go through his voluminous posts, I'd appreciate it.

His sister, Abbey, and I can probably attempt to put together some pics and a bio but it may take some time as we've got some other arrangements to make over the next few days.

All suggestions are welcome although my mailbox is almost full and I'm not home and can't download my pms and can't delete all that quickly so don't frustrate.

Thanks,

N

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I think it would be helpful to have a page on Jason Els: a short biography, maybe a few pictures, and then a collection of his best pieces of advice, opinions, jokes, "rants", etc...
i thought the same, then i thought, "talk about an opus!!!". If his profile is still active and im sure it will be, then just search on statistics to read his posts. Im going to do it later when i have some free time.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think it would be helpful to have a page on Jason Els: a short biography, maybe a few pictures, and then a collection of his best pieces of advice, opinions, jokes, "rants", etc...

i thought the same, then i thought, "talk about an opus!!!". If his profile is still active and im sure it will be, then just search on statistics to read his posts. Im going to do it later when i have some free time.

A "Best Of" Jason would be fantastic.

I honestly won't be able to help for the next couple of days but I'd love, love, love anyone who'd be willing to put in some time to do it.

He'd be so honored and so proud.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
A "Best Of" Jason would be fantastic.

Why not an anecdote from chat, the fora, meet-n-greets, etc.? It would be great if we could compile anecdotes of our noteworthy experiences with Jason.

I have one that comes to mind:

Jason was about to go to a BDSM workshop. I had no idea that he was interested in the scene so, as I stood beside him, I gave him a sound slap on his ass. He looked at me in alarm and asked, "What did you do that for?" I told him that he just got his first spank from a Dom. He lit up, delighted to find that I was involved in the lifestyle. His shy awkwardness lifted and he grinned widely, but he had to soon leave for the workshop. I wish that I could have talked to him longer while he was more at ease. I never did get to really talk to Jason, but I have fantasized about how wonderful it would be to blather in person after so many hours of chatting with him years ago (I would rather have talked in person). His breadth of knowledge was astounding.

And his ass was unexpectedly firm.

Just read any one of his posts.

Last edited: