Not open for further replies.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*eats more popcorn*

this is good stuff...

DRAMA with a bit of comedy thrown in....

I like Jason...hope he comes back soon.

HOWEVER, I know of a few people on here that did more than he did and were not slapped down for it. Even went as far as posting their own blog just on him...using his pics and REALLY saying some bad sh*t about him. *this was going on when i first joined* Quite a few I'd have rather seen banned/suspended instead... and they are on here only to cause trouble.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't know about that, I saw Paul Lynde at a bar in Laguna Beach once... he was a mean ugly bore, it undid all my feelings about his years of brilliant work in about 10 minutes!

Yes, he was that. He was a drunk, internally conflicted and nasty when intoxicated. That's not to excuse him. He just needed help, and it was only late in his life when he got it. He then helped Dick van Dyke with AA.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well cunt flaps on rye to that!!

I don't see how we are not agreeing to abide by the Terms of Service when we sign up for the service - what a strange thing to try to nit-pick on.
Take it as you will, dear, but yes, I was called to the carpet for making the statement "when new members join, before their registration is complete, they agree to abide by the terms of service" or some drivel like that. I was hastily, and snarkily, taken to the carpet about that. I was corrected under no uncertain terms, and basically called a "stupid cunt" for making such a statement.

Ask the person who put me in my place to give you a link to the thread, and show you precisely where I was wrong and he was right.

Media
By "mean" I meant malicious, hateful, cruel.

Nothing other kind. lol

Even so, as Manly pointed out there are people who's careers are built on it.

Kathy Griffin can be mean but she never makes up mean stuff, her comedic anecdotes are based on personal experience. Just a thought.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just because he dared to say what nobody else dared, people think he's rude.

He's not. Not at all.

The only reason he mentioned someone in his blog is because this person is harassing him on another site and she even gave out his email address to everyone under a fake account. That would piss me off as well, so I don't think he did anything wrong there.

You might like him, or not. But he is a great guy and doesn't deserve this bashing.

If you would know him better, you'd know he's not any of this what is mentioned.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
In addition to some other points here that are well-thought out, people need to be reminded that it's a suspension.

Why bother to bash the guy? He's just going to come back in a week.

If you have something to say to him, why not act like an adult and do it to his face, rather than behind his back where he can't retaliate?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In addition to some other points here that are well-thought out, people need to be reminded that it's a suspension.

If you have something to say to him, why not act like an adult and do it to his face, rather than behind his back where he can't retaliate?

yah especially since he'll be able to read this too :) *this is where we start noticing editing done in posts...not all posts..but some.*

Jason is a great guy...I like the fact he's not afraid to say what he thinks. It's a gift and a curse sometimes. I do it as well. *but i'm too lazy to set up a blog and actually keep up with it. hahahaha*

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media

What a novel idea! I bet you are right, when his term of suspension ends, so will some of this bashing of Jason.

I really find it interesting when people comment on Jason's negative qualities and then at the end comment about we don't need...the very thing they are doing.

I've observed the aftermath of many, many bannings. Jeff is quite observant there. Wonder if it will happen again this time.

Let me point out something that some of you do not know. We have a friendly heads-up where a moderator just personally give some advice in a pm. Then there is the official warning which often precedes a ban. Official warnings are not publically posted like bans. I wish they were. It would change some of the comments that are made on threads like this.

If you still don't know what I am referring to, often we have officially warned members commenting as pristine members immediately after their warning giving the impression that they are the model to follow giving a lecture to some wayward member. Doesn't happen everytime, but it does happen often. Of course the members don't know that information. But we mods do. Sometimes I just laugh when I read some posts by some individuals.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media

Exactly. It's a slap on the wrist, he'll be back.

When someone gets banned, it's not the time to join up and say "well, I didn't like the guy, anyway." It happened with Cigarbabe, NJQT, and starinvestor too. Their "______ banned" threads turned into an oppportunity for people to come out of the woodwork and throw in what they thought about that person, as if they'd just died.

To answer your [very good] question, Jeff, why can't we insult people directly? Because if someone PMs another person with insults, then that's harassment and that can lead to a banning. I can't respond to the daily public insulting I receive from a member because if I do then oooooooh that's harassment!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only reason he mentioned someone in his blog is because this person is harassing him on another site and she even gave out his email address to everyone under a fake account. That would piss me off as well, so I don't think he did anything wrong there.
Are you certain this is actually how the events transpired? Absolutely certain? You've actually seen those emails? What fake account? Have you read the blog, beginning to end?

Status
Not open for further replies.