1. D_Sumefielde Sumesausage

What has jealousy made you do and stopped you from continuing to do?

The first time I felt jealousy I was 11 maybe 12 years old. It was a new emotion to me and it was overwhelming. It took me over completely. It felt like hate but far more dangerous because not only did it keep me awake at night it also made me feel like I would like to kill my adversary.
    I tried avoiding that feeling for the rest of my life.

Edited: I found I can't delete this thread. I have a problem but posting this question won't help me solve it. The problem is like this; I am in love with someone whom I can't trust. We are not together and have never been. Getting over it is very difficult because we both sensed that, for some reason we both don't understand, there is a cosmic click between us. An enormous connection of some sorts. I have told myself it my imagination...just to be proven wrong again and again. I stay away from her because just the thought that someone else is having her makes me a bit ill. The less I know the better. To bad for me we bumped into eachother 3 weeks ago. Some guy put his hand on her back. I had to look the other way. To much has happened to believe we will ever be together. I just hate waking up with this pain in my chest. I will find a way to deal with this.

2. spunkyboy2008

spunkyboy2008 New Member

Albums:
    Being in love (or maybe infatuated is a better term) with someone you don't trust is a very painful and harmful thing, and I speak from experience. But if you don't trust her, then there is no point.

I found the best thing was to leave the person and not have any contact with them. It hurts a lot at first and you can't help thinking of them, where they are, what they're doing, who they're with. But over time you feel it less and eventually you realise why being with them was a bad idea and all those feelings fade away.

That's my experience anyway.

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I used to have some jealousy (not to the degree you describe, but nonetheless...) and I eventually came to realize that this particular emotion is much more about the person who is jealous, than it is about the object of that jealousy.

The only way you will ever get over it is to figure out what it is in you that makes you feel that way.

4. B_retracted

B_retracted New Member

If you can't trust someone, don't hook up with them.

The first time I felt jealousy is when I was 13 and say a guy I was in love with on a date at the movies about five rows ahead of me. I would have gotten up and left it I hadn't been looking forward to the movie so much. War of the Roses btw.

5. D_Sumefielde Sumesausage

Thanks. Your comments really helped bringing things into perspective. I really felt alone with these feelings.

Thankfully I know it is me who is having these feelings, they are not thrust upon me be her. That's why I was able to say goodbye but never the less, I wish something else, something fantastic would replace all these feelings. I feel like it has to be something fantastic...and that's not realistic either. It just has to fade away. The only thing that really helps is making a list of the things I dislike about her. Keeps me grounded.

Draft saved Draft deleted