Jeapordy or Wheel of Fortune...which popular shows overstayed their welcome?

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
True, these two are the longest runnest game shows ever on ABC, but if there is one show you would think overstayed its welcome and should quit while it was ahead, what would it be?

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wheel of Fortune has no real challenge, although enjoyable to guess the phrase. Jeopardy engages knowledge on a much broader scale and is more of a challenge. Both have their place, but to choose one to go, it would be WOF.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been a longtime Jeopardy fan but I like it better in NY when it's on after the evening news. In Hawaii it's on in the late afternoon.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i like them both, but i have to admit to making a point to tune in wof. i just find it mindless entertainment and after a long day at work, i like to kick back with a scotch and just stare at the tube. it recharges me a bit and then i am good to go.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I haven't seen either in ages. Is Vanna still putting a stiffy in the pants of middle America everytime she sticks a letter up? Have Pat Sayjack's implants taken root?

Millionaire now. Its time has passed....

Countdown is still cool tho. ;)

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think WoF has jumped the shark. I'm a hard core Jeopardy fan, and I like WoF, but WoF is well boring and not the least bit challenging

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is a good thing that Vanna White has that WOF job or else she would be starring in soft-core low budget Cinemax flicks for the rest of her life. Let's face it: Vanna's acting career before WOF was non-existent.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
True, these two are the longest running game shows ever on ABC, but if there is one show you would think overstayed its welcome and should quit while it was ahead, what would it be?

Do you mean any show in general or just out of those two?

In general: A tie between "Home & Away" and "Neighbours" (two Aussie soaps that have been going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long although I must admit i LOVED H&A when I was a kid).

Out of the two: I can't really pick one because we don't have either anymore. But when we did have them I loved WoF but never got into Jeopardy. I loved the original Australian WoF but the network 'updated' it, getting rid of the longest-running host John Burgess, and eventually the original letter-turner Adriana Xenides. The updated version was CRAP!

Wheel of Fortune (Australian game show) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If WoF does go, I hope Vanna White's post-WoF career and life turn out better than Adriana's did - such a sad ending.

Adriana Xenides - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Millionaire now. Its time has passed....

Countdown is still cool tho. ;)

I loved Countdown when I was in the UK. We have it here in Oz now, only started a few months ago. Our format replicates the UK version but we gave it the rather dull title "Letters and Numbers" (a rough translation of the original French title "Des chiffres et des lettres").

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wish Jeapordy had a who's hung category. No joke there. As for the poster concerned about Vanna White after WOF would be off the air, the woman is a self-made millionaire. Hell, she even wrote a book back in 1987 for God's sakes. Vanna has no worries even if the show is still on or off the air. She'll retire a richer woman after the show. Her kids don't have to work either. Mommy gets millions every year...working or not working. Trust me, Vanna is secured for life. Same for Pat, too.