Jeep Wrangler

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I may buy a 4door Wrangler soft top soon.
Some people have said that most of the men that drive them are homosexual.
I find that hard to believe. I think it may be a single man's car.
Is a Wrangler a gay man's car? I mean, is it popular in the gay community?

Im curious so I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Jake

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Jake

The 2-door ones were certainly gay men's vehicles in the late 1980s and early to mid 1990s!

NCbear (who--no offense--would only drive an SUV if he lived at the end of a 1-mile gravel driveway in the mountains or needed to escape from some natural disaster)

joejack

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Actually, it's a truck that is prone to bounce around and flip on too tight and fast turns; therefor higher insurance premiums. Great for slow four wheeling however.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually, it's a truck that is prone to bounce around and flip on too tight and fast turns; therefor higher insurance premiums. Great for slow four wheeling however.

Same observation here.

I once rode in one on a freeway at freeway speed. Won't do that again. But for slow speed on rough roads, its just fine.

btw, I associate the Wrangler with an individualistic, outdoorsy image regardless of sexuality.

Reactions: sudcalifornio

Divine1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Jake---
As long as you don't put a rainbow flag on your jeep, no one with think you are gay.

Buy the car YOU want and don't worry what others think.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jake

Get a Minivan, people will think you are a Soccer Mom.:eek:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Out here in northern California, a Jeep is certainly NOT a gay car. However, unless you want to do some rough four wheeling, I'd think carefully about getting one as a daily driver. They are hard-riding, prone to roll over, less reliable than a Japanese four wheel drive vehicle, relatively thirsty, have a relatively low top speed, the low-end torque is great for off road but the lack of power at higher RPMs makes passing difficult, and, with a sof top there will be issues of weather-tightness, security, and roll-over safety. A second cousin of mine was killed when he snuck out of the house and drove his parents' Jeep at night. He rolled it onto himself. He was only fifteen.
Jeeps do project a cool image but have limitations. I have a Cherokee that has most of the above issues. However, I live up a three mile private road and use it to pull things out of the mud. So, it's alright but I would much rather have a Toyota Tacoma extended cab 4X4. It would be much more practical and pleasant.
Good luck with your decision.
Dave

sudcalifornio

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Jake
A car created and used at WW2 by and for the now is label as gay? WTF?

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Jeep Wranglers are driven by everyone in Texas, so they're not seen as a truck only gays drive. If you get the 6 cylinder, they have decent highway cruising speeds unlike the 4 cylinders. They do ride rough as they do have a full frame and were purposely designed to be off road. Only someone who shouldn't be driving anything in the first place would go fast and turn it too sharp to flip one. The AMC Jeeps were designed for people who knew how to drive and knew you didn't go fast in a high centered vehicle then turn sharp. The Chrysler Jeeps are designed that if you go fast and turn sharp, the front end will understeer like crazy before it flips in a noticeable attempt to get your attention to let you know you screwed up and bad things are about to happen if you don't back off immediately! (plus traction control kicks in and grabs the brake in the front wheels to prevent this)

Their off road capabilities are superior to everything else except the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Lots of low end torque and gearing means not getting stuck and pulling out all the chevys who should have stayed in the mall parking lot. Spring for the hard top as well as the soft top and the bikini. The A/C and heater aren't that great with the soft top but do just fine with the hard top. And if you do happen to flip it, the hard top will offer some protection. As long as you maintain it like you're supposed to, those things will go forever. The lady that delivers my mail (and apparently the other mail carriers in the area all having wranglers) have over 400K miles on theirs with no issues other than wearing the brakes out every 3 months. AND Jeeps are the only vehicles in the world where you can go most anywhere and get parts for them easily.

S

superbot

I wouldn't be bothered too much about their perceived gayness,they're fundamentally not a good car.