JEEPERS CREEPERS 2

Longhornjok: Yeah and y'all thought I didn't have no cultcher in me! I saw this today and thought it was pretty good. I admit I like the horror film genre, so I saw the first one, too. I thought that one had a great opening 30 minutes or so, and then fell apart. This one doesn't break any new ground, but delivers some nice scares, some laughs, and way too much jawin' about sticking together and working as a team and not making people who are different feel like outcasts and other adages which I guess are meant to give the killings and maimings some sort of socially redeeming value. For you film buffs, I would say the opening sequence is one of the best scenes in the film, so don't be late if you go. It is also beautifully shot, well-scored (although it pounds you over the head at times), and features a nice performance from Ray Wise (aka the guy who played Laura Palmer's dad in "Twin Peaks" back in the day).

P.S. If you haven't read about it, the set-up in this one is that the "boogey-man" is stalking a schoolbus filled with high school ball players returning from their state championship win. With that in mind, here was my favorite review from rottentomatoes.com: "If you ever wanted to see a monster eat the cast from Varsity Blues, this is your movie." -- Dan Fazio, CITYSEARCH

;)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Let's see here...

A film directed by a pedophile where the head jock is a homophobe, yet for most of the film the boys are shirtless and manage to take a piss together.

A bus filled with championship high school basketball players, although they are short for basketball players and old for high schoolers.

There's no glass in the windows of the bus.  The students can't get out either door and are trapped, trapped, trapped.  But there is no glass in the windows.

It's springtime but the corn is full-grown and already harvested.

A truck that flips over three or four times can still be driven.

The basketball team has no basketballs but oddly does have a javelin.  Just in case <winky winky nudge nudge>.

Sounds better than Part I - count me in.

Pecker

(Oh, I've Got Hair Oil On My Ears and My Glasses Are Slipping Down, But Baby I Can See Through You)

Longhornjok: Hey, I didn't say it was PSYCHO. Besides, if you can't suspend your disbelief, you're probably not a fan of the horror genre any way, since that's pretty much a requirement. If horror films were always logical, you wouldn't be able to sit in the theater thinking "wait, why is she going back in the dark house with the machete killer in it??!" ;)

Oh yeah, here's the site I mentioned: www.rottentomatoes.com/m/JeepersCreepers2-1125122/ (a red tomato is a good review, a green one is bad)

awellhungboi: I'm a big horror movie fan--and usually the more illogical they are the more I like them. It's kind of like dream logic somehow. I really like '70's Italian horror movies, like Suspiria. More expressionistic than psychological horror is my cup of tea.

I watched George Romero's 1985 classic 'Day of the Dead' last night. Talk about suspending disbelief!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I agree with Monstro. The more suspense, the scarier the movie, especially when you're afraid to get up and go to the bathroom by yourself.

Hitchcock knew that.

Stephen King used to know that before he found out it's easier to gross his readers out than to scare the shit out of them.

Pecker

(How Did You Get So Ugly Overnight?)