jelquing vs pumping

5 1/2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
From what I understand, jelquing forces the blood to expand the penis plus the stretching action also increases length. But, pumping does both of these but at a continual rate and without all the exercise. So shouldn't pumping bring the same or better results?

daddyknows

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
jelquing? now that's a new one on me. I have never heard that term before. Can anyone go into greater detail and enlighten me? Thanks!

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
use the search function then ;)
1000's of threads about it.

on topic:
I don't think pumping has the same effects until you do it hardcore, which may cause disproportion of your unit.

keyhero

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Reading in another website, they say that jelquing is permanent and pumping is not.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Neither of the gains from jelqing or pumping is very permanent. My size from pumping lasts only days and within a week, the gains are about all gone. Jelqing has a similar period of lasting, jelqing can last longer, but it's effects are not as pronounced as pumping. The squeezing of the blood vessels and capillaries from jelqing can actually be quite damaging if one is too zealous. pumping can wreak havoc on the skin of the penis, but the blood vessels and capillaries stay pretty much safe except for the surface capillaries of the skin, which can get quite boogered up from pumping incorrectly.

The only forms of penile enlargement that are permanent are surgical methods and injecting silicone. Jelqing and pumping are temporary, but weightlifting and body building is temporary... face it, the body goes back to normal no matter what we do to it... if we stop the activity, the benefits of the said activity stop also. They are safe methods and one can jelq succesfully without pumping, but one cannot pump succesfully without jelqing. I lift weights and plan on lifting weights well into my old age... I plan on pumping just as long also, they are both lifetime commitments.

spunkyboy2008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't think the results from jelqing are necessarily temporary, plenty of guys report they don't go or all go when they stop. There are ways of 'cementing' gains. I did it a few years ago and the gains haven't disappeared since.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think the results from jelqing are necessarily temporary, plenty of guys report they don't go or all go when they stop. There are ways of 'cementing' gains. I did it a few years ago and the gains haven't disappeared since.

It defies the laws of nature... the human body will always try to achieve the state of homeostasis, if something rises, it will eventually fall.

Nobody who lifts weights has ever built themselves up to a point where they could just stop lifting because they have "cemented" their gains.

Your theory is just not possible... the smooth muscle cells of the penis do not respond to exercise like skeletal muscle and they do not really enlarge due to jelqing anyway. The skin will shrink back down after you stop jelqing and any vascular improvements that gave you improved circulation will go away also. What the hell is permanent about jelqing? You will have to prove your theory of "cementing" your gains because it is just not scientifically possible.

spunkyboy2008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well I cannot claim to be an expert on the physiology of this, only what I have experienced and what other guys have reported.

Perhaps muscles are not the best comparison - as far as I know the tribes who stretch their ears, lips, necks etc don't go back to normal after they finish stretching.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I cannot claim to be an expert on the physiology of this, only what I have experienced and what other guys have reported.

Perhaps muscles are not the best comparison - as far as I know the tribes who stretch their ears, lips, necks etc don't go back to normal after they finish stretching.

They are never finished stretching... they keep the stretching instruments in place for their entire life.

spunkyboy2008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well traditionally they keep the stretching instruments in because it is part of their decoration and culture, but if they stop due to adopting "modern" ways the results may be permanent.

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that PE gains can be permanent. Some report losing some but not all gains, others report not losing any at all. I myself did jelqing and other PE exercises four to five years ago but then stopped until recently and in that time did not lose any of the 3/4" gain in length I had.

There is no scientific evidence for PE as far as I know, as it seems no research has ever been done into it - it probably would not be considered respectable to publish in a scientific journal.
However the articleHeat and stretch procedures: an evaluation using rat tail tendon from the Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
does provide evidence of permanent stretch in animal tissues. Heat and stretch procedures: an evaluation using r...[Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1976] - PubMed Result There are also other articles in scientific journals into the permanent stretching of connective tissues etc.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The articleHeat and stretch procedures: an evaluation using rat tail tendon from the Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation does provide evidence of permanent stretch in animal tissues. Heat and stretch procedures: an evaluation using r...[Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1976] - PubMed Result There are also other articles in scientific journals into the permanent stretching of connective tissues etc.

That sounds like a VERY interesting study. There are no tendons in the penis, but there is a suspensory ligament. Stretching and lengthening the suspensory ligament has been theorizedand even practiced in surgical penile enlargement. I suspect that it is not what I want as far as penile growth. I want my suspensory ligament to be strong and supple for better erections, not stretched out and floppy. I need that suspensory ligament to be strong enough to lift my heavy pumped penis into some type of an erect state. I haven't figured out how to strengthen the ligament except for some light jelqing though... maybe you have a suggestion? Either way, that is a cool as hell fucking link and I am gonna check it out.

I just checked it out and it was a study about collagen tissue, not specifically tendons, although that is the title of the study. It seemed that low intensity and high duration force is what was the best for growth. It also suggested that heat was also necessary for the process to be successful. That does not really describe jelqing, but it does describe light pressure and long duration pumping with heat. I just think that the penis is a very important and somewhat complex organ. It resists long term growth because it must maintain it's structural integrity for successful breeding. That has just been my personal experience. That link was awesome and gives me more motivation to keep up my PE efforts and gives me hope for some kind of permanent growth. Thanx Spunkboy! :smile:

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
It defies the laws of nature... the human body will always try to achieve the state of homeostasis, if something rises, it will eventually fall.

Nobody who lifts weights has ever built themselves up to a point where they could just stop lifting because they have "cemented" their gains.

Your theory is just not possible... the smooth muscle cells of the penis do not respond to exercise like skeletal muscle and they do not really enlarge due to jelqing anyway. The skin will shrink back down after you stop jelqing and any vascular improvements that gave you improved circulation will go away also. What the hell is permanent about jelqing? You will have to prove your theory of "cementing" your gains because it is just not scientifically possible.
Correct,if the pumping/jelging stops..so will the results.like weightlifting,once the gains are achieved you still must work to maintain those gains.thus..CEMENTING those gains.

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From the female perspective... the change in the shape of the penis sometimes caused by pumping can be unattractive, yes it makes the penis larger - esp if you are pumping for girth - but it doesn't look the same. It also isn't always practical from the "put it in and pound me good" point of view either. I've seen pumping results that were hot, but some that well, just looked freaky.

I've had a few friends have good results with jelqing - one that gained 7/8 inch in less than 6 months going from 3.5 inch to almost 4.5 inches. I hope he keeps it up but doubt that even years of jelqing would bring him to my desired size (7+ inches). I also talked to one man a few times that wore a streching device daily under his pants. He had length alright, but it was fairly skinny for the girth/length ratio.

No matter how you guys enhance the size, I still love a good hard one.