Jerks

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why do so many people turn into the biggest dickh***s when they are talking politics? :mad:

The arrogance of some, thinking that a higher intellect or larger vocab means they have more knowledge yet they are lacking in wisdom. :aargh4:

The pathetic personal insults are nauseating.

If you can't be civil then you're not a worthy contributor.

I might go and have an ice cold milk to chill out. (hate alchohol)

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Very few understand the value of a good debate by opposing sides. If productive, knowledge can be gained by both, and misunderstandings and/or misinterpretations can be cleared up.

Too many folks want to "one up" the other, or try to make the other feel stupid for their opinion. When this happens, both minds are closed and progress ceases.

It's sad

S

superbot

Why do so many people turn into the biggest dickh***s when they are talking politics? :mad:

The arrogance of some, thinking that a higher intellect or larger vocab means they have more knowledge yet they are lacking in wisdom. :aargh4:

The pathetic personal insults are nauseating.

If you can't be civil then you're not a worthy contributor.

I might go and have an ice cold milk to chill out. (hate alchohol)
Oh you poor lamb.GROW UP, always the victim.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is that a euphomism? :confused:

It's spelled euphemism! You'd think an English person could frickin' spell English. Duh! :mad:

Just kidding, mate. :biggrin1:

I know how you feel. I'm sure I'm guilty of the very things you are mentioning. Passion sometimes overrides prudence. Apologies for my boorishness, at least.

BTW, I've found your posts in the political forum to be thoughtful, intelligent, and often witty. For what more can one ask? Keep posting.