Jesse Helms dead at 86

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
His stand on AIDs also made my blood run cold.

His ban against the HIV+ entering the US (under any circumstances, including in order to attend conferences) is still in place. But as soon as the Senate and House can reconcile their divergent bills, it's expected to be rescinded.

Even GWB knows how wrong the travel ban really is.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I was once told by a Helms apologist that his policies were all dictated to him by his churlish, bigoted, hateful wife. But even while I heard this it seemed almost impossible to believe.

I have never heard a politician in my adulthood spew such toxic hate directed at so many, and I can only hope that he's being shown the (many) errors of this ways right now.

If he dictated his national policy views based on what his wife told him to do that makes me feel even LESS about this a-hole!!!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That ain't a fire you'll be putting out, marley.:cool:

The fire's already been put out, I'm just sealing a great irony. This man spent his shitting on gays and minorities, so in his death he's gonna get pissed on by a black fag. I consider it my contribution to justice.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, yeah, there is a tradition of dancing on someone's grave.

Hmm, maybe they could build a gay black leather disco on his grave and his grave can be centered just below the toilets.

:firedevil:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
The fire's already been put out, I'm just sealing a great irony. This man spent his shitting on gays and minorities, so in his death he's gonna get pissed on by a black fag. I consider it my contribution to justice.

And justice and mercy do their age-old dance.
(I'm a mercy guy, marls ... but I got time for justice, too.)

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:scratchchin: hmnnn ... mention of his race politics, his AIDs politics, nothing about being bought and paid for by the tobacco industry ... hmnnn

I thought somebody did mention it, I'll have to go through and re-read, maybe I'm thinking of my other forum-site. This grave-dancing is pretty widespread, a lotta people don't miss him.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:scratchchin: hmnnn ... mention of his race politics, his AIDs politics, nothing about being bought and paid for by the tobacco industry ... hmnnn

We bring up the reasons why he'll go unmourned around here. The fact that the tobacco industry's lost a lap dog hardly seems in the same genre of crimes against humanity.

But, then, I never knew you were such a virulent anti-smoker: you always seemed much more the libertarian type to me.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That ain't a fire you'll be putting out, marley.:cool:

Indeed. The kind of flame I imagine Helms is dealing with now is eternal (which I mean in a damnation kind of way, not a Bangles kind of way). The ultimate irony.

I swear, if I find out there really is a hell and I'm sent to it and that motherfucker isn't with me... boy am I gonna feel ripped off.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Independence from sharing a living existence with Jesse Helms, and on Independence Day? AND I got off work early today and saw some great fireworks and ate some fine food?

The universe is smiling on me right now. :biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is slightly off topic, but I don't think term limits are the answer to the problem of corruption. With term limits, all the politicians will do is work harder to squeeze the most amount of corruption into the shortest amount of time, and then not be held accountable at all. People will just say,"That one will be gone soon enough". The only defense against corruption is for the voters to pay continuous attention to what the scoundrels are doing, and respond appropriately. More public apathy = more political corruption.
Absolutely, positively correct bek. I'm not sure why more people don't understand that basic concept.