Jesse Helms, Gay Hero?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
John Dodd, who is head of the Jesse Helms Institute wants to rewrite history sideways and make the late Senator Jesse Helms to be known as patron saint of People With Aids and the Gay Community. Here's a link to the New York Times Article. It's a long one for you neo cons who don't like to read stuff, like the new Health Bill, but it's here anyway: With Ban on H.I.V. Immigrants Now History, Relief and Revision - NYTimes.com

What's so sickening is that Jesse Helms was the guy who was famous for saying, "It's their deliberate, disgusting, revolting conduct that is responsible for the disease." Yeah, and I'm the Queen of France (on a good day). An article in the UK Guardian vilified Helms for being a major homophobe and just about anti-gay everything. Which he was. But now he's dead, it's time for a kindler, gentler Uncle Jesse. Not some flaming racist and openly bigoted homophobe who did everything in his power to fight against gay rights.

This need to make Helms so faggot friendly is because the22 or 23 year-old ban on preventing people with HIV from entering the USA has just recently been lifted by President Obama. But back in 1993 Helms was the main backing blocker for repealing this ban that treated people with AIDS as if they were the same as folks the TB, known prostitutes, and felons. Pretty, no?

But it's also not just about AIDS and gays. Helms was one of the most out spoken racists against equality among blacks and whites. He was no friend of anti-segregation. He was still for it after it became illegal.

I'd better drink a lot of water before I visit his grave, and maybe a couple of beers.

It's time to find Jesse Helms grave, pay it a visit, and pee on it. :mad:

Last edited:

finsuptx

Expert Member
Media
Yeah, Helms was one of those true and rare pieces of shit from history who deserves only to be honored in the manner you suggest.

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How about the oldest one still living - I can't think of his name. There should be a ter limit.

Robert Byrd, KKK Grand Poobah, 94 years old. (Psst....just between you and me I think he died 10 years ago. He keeps getting readmitted to the hospital to touch up his embalming job.)

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks cdunstan1. After I posted I looked him up. The videos I've seen of him lately looks like he is having to be carried in in a wheelchair. I'm sure his mind is equally worn out as his body.

cdunstan1

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks cdunstan1. After I posted I looked him up. The videos I've seen of him lately looks like he is having to be carried in in a wheelchair. I'm sure his mind is equally worn out as his body.

Yeah, well there was a lot of lead in gasoline in the 1930's. Probably inhaled too much of it burning crosses.