Jesse Ventura on Bill Maher's HBO show

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: Yikes. My impression of MN's ex-governor from this show is that: a) he takes known facts and then makes bizarre extrapolations - even for a politician b) he is obsessed with blaming the media for as many problems as possible c) he is disdainful of any one who doesn't agree with him. Also, does he have some sort of palsy-thing or was he body-slammed on his head one too many times? I'm serious. He frequently looked like he was shaking or trembling as he listened to others; I'm hoping that wasn't an indication of how quickly his temper flares. My condolences to any MN residents here for what you must have experienced and my congratulations for surviving the Ventura governancy. By comparison, Arnold seems positively Churchillian.

2. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: I didn't see it, I don't have TV, but I'll be interested to hear what Paul has to say, heh.

Have you seen this
    http://www.amigovernorornot.com

Now, this is how we should start voting!

3. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=Monstro link=board=99;num=1063487732;start=0#1 date=09/13/03 at 15:05:35]I didn't see it, I don't have TV[/quote]

What kind of anti-American pervert are you?

:D :D

4. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Oh, I'm a completely All-American pervert. ;)

5. Imported

Gold Member

aj2181: [quote author=Monstro link=board=99;num=1063487732;start=0#3 date=09/13/03 at 19:12:23]Oh, I'm a completely All-American pervert.   ;)[/quote]

All men are perverts take my word for it.  ;D

Jesse is a political fluke. If he hadn't had name recognition he would never have been elected. He is one of those silly third party guys who can't make up his mind which side of the fence he wants to stay on. I think twits like him are necessary every now and then to keep the Democrats and Republicans on their toes.

6. Imported

Gold Member

jerkin4-10: didnt catch all of what jesse had to say...but he tends to be a little out there...didnt care for the 'christian' comments he made a couple of years ago myself...but the one thing that i caught that i did like...is the national sales tax...im a big proponent of this...

on a personal note...LHJ ...sorry about the pasting we put on you yesterday...er...i lied...no im not...LOL

GO HOGS!!!

7. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Do not even GET ME STARTED on the topic of James Janos.

I lived in MN during his tenure as "Governor"...

Longhorjok:
    a --> is right
    b--> is right
    c--> is right

He has the shakes, I believe, because of his wrestling career, a form of "punch drunkenness" I think.

He once took his headphones off on a call in show because he didn't want to listen to the caller (a constituent, no less)...

ARGHGHGH At least he's gone .... and I don't live in MN anymore either.

7x6&C

8. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: Paul, Jesse V. started off the night insisting that he would not run for governor of California, no matter how many times he was asked. Apparently this was meant to be a joke, but nobody laughed. :p

[quote author=jerkin4-10 link=board=99;num=1063487732;start=0#5 date=09/14/03 at 11:52:10]on a personal note...LHJ ...sorry about the pasting we put on you yesterday...er...i lied...no im not...LOL GO HOGS!!![/quote]
    haha Well, since my 1st team is the Trojans, I was really more interested in the shellacking we gave Hawaya. Besides, I was already of the opinion that UT had weaknesses that could be exploited. I'd say you dropped them a few notches in the polls, that's for sure!

9. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    What's even scarier is that, during the beginning of Ventura's term in office, people were seriously talking about him running for President.

10. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: ***faints***

What...huh..wha...

Yes, I could NOT believe that. The man sealed his fate with me (and I may have told this story before) when he nominated someone to run the DNR who had been caught poaching. The MN Senate did not confirm his appointment. As a result, he said "It's not the Senate's job to micromanage my appointments"

Um....yes....yes, it is. Did you READ the constitution you swore to defend?

Yikes

7x6&C

Draft saved Draft deleted