Jesus camp...

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
What do you guys think of "jesus camp"

Personally, i think its ridiculous. Just one step toward taking away our free thinking, and taking away our freedom. Not only are they indoctrinating children but for the cause of "to beat the muslims at the religion game". I think just that little part is stupid.

But beyond that, the religion is gaining followers. And they aim to sway the next election. Now at this time, they simply would not have enough people to vote for a candidate or thier specific faith, seeing as the rest of america would undoubtedly think that person was insane and would not vote for him. Similar to how many people do not vote for catholic candidates because they dont want the pope to have power here in america.
I think its insane, that they are all taught to think exacly alike. A large amount of people all voting for say, obama (they probably hate black people but i can remember any other names other than clinton and they probably would not vote for her either) but they could be taking votes from one party or another, just because thier leader told them that cadidate was best.
Whats next? What if they get enough insane people to severely influence the elections of 2012? I fear that somhow religion will be put back into the system, and people of different faiths will be chastised. (chastized?) (what?)

One of the videos shows a young boy saying that when he is near other children of other faiths, he feels cold and sad as if they are the reason for it. What the hell? Another reason why religion should not be in the government, along with all the other reasons we already know, those reasons that its not in thefirst place.

I'm athiest, and i used to think those athiest protester people were retarded, for doing little things like suing a capital building for having such n such statue with say, the 10 commandments on it. I could care less about stupid things like that, but if our country is being taken seige by crazy religious bastards, then i hope those crazy athiest guys battle ever harder.

But hopefully, its just a minor scare, and annoyance that creates some controversy at the most.
I hope.

YouTube - Bill Maher on Jesus Camp

YouTube - Jesus Camp Trailer

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ah, nothing like a good old-fashioned double standard to hold up your wars and acts of aggression!

When the Middle Eastern muslims do this, it's called "terrorist training." When our kids do it, we call it "camp."

Religions built around the god of Abraham are a cancer of human social evolution and should be eradicated with extreme prejudice.

That's hyperbole, folks.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Well I can see why they do it, if everyone was brought up with logic and reason as the foundations of their knowledge and world outlook rather than faith, religion would probably dissappear within a generation (as would a lot of other issues IMHO).

But you're spot on, it's essentially brainwashing. But it isn't just the Christians who do it. Anyone heard of Prussian Blue, the band? The lead singers are two teenage girls indoctrinated into Neo-Nazism by their deranged mother and grandfather.That's equally sick.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't seen this film yet, but as an Atheist I see a lot more converts to my side. 10 years ago I didn't even know what an Agnostic or Atheist was, and now I am one of them. So while this film is an extreme example, we have to admit that many people are making up their own minds and seeing religion as a silly phase of humanity.

9incharkansasdick

Experimental Member
Media
I'm amazed at how Atheists feel so threatened by something they do not believe in. If God does not exist, then why do you waste your time suing people who do believe in Him? The 10 Commandments are just words to Atheists, so why worry about them? If parents want their children to believe in God, then they take them to church or send them to camps. When a child becomes an adult, then they can make up their mind about Him. As an Atheist, do you teach your children to be Atheists? Whether you know it or not, you do. The Christians are not out trying to oust you from their lives, so why are you trying to oust the sacred things from their lives? You are the evil one. Satan has invaded your mind and someday, you'll know that there is a God and that there is an eternal life awaiting you...might be good, or bad. What you make of your life here and now determines what you get over there. Just something to think about.

Charles Finn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hold on a sec I am a christian and I belive to each his own.
but i have experienced both the love and the hate just for who i am and what i do. god belongs in the church not in schools or the government.

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I'm amazed at how Atheists feel so threatened by something they do not believe in. If God does not exist, then why do you waste your time suing people who do believe in Him? The 10 Commandments are just words to Atheists, so why worry about them? If parents want their children to believe in God, then they take them to church or send them to camps. When a child becomes an adult, then they can make up their mind about Him. As an Atheist, do you teach your children to be Atheists? Whether you know it or not, you do. The Christians are not out trying to oust you from their lives, so why are you trying to oust the sacred things from their lives? You are the evil one. Satan has invaded your mind and someday, you'll know that there is a God and that there is an eternal life awaiting you...might be good, or bad. What you make of your life here and now determines what you get over there. Just something to think about.

I lol'ed alot.

Anyways, ive been told that because im athiest, christian people dont want to talk to me or hang out with me. Ive seen people get extremely angry and violent over somthing stupid like "jesus sucks"
Theres a reason why people dont want religion in our government.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Satan has invaded your mind and someday, you'll know that there is a God and that there is an eternal life awaiting you...

:eek: OH NOES! Not the Debil!
Actually I think after becoming an Atheist I have become a better person.
I live my life by what feels right in my heart and mind, and not some 3000 year old book tells me. It's quite refreshing. :smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm amazed at how Atheists feel so threatened by something they do not believe in. If God does not exist, then why do you waste your time suing people who do believe in Him? The 10 Commandments are just words to Atheists, so why worry about them?
I'm not an atheist, but I'm not a christian either. Nor do I feel threatened by what religion you practice. What I worry about is those christians who feel hell-bent (pun intended) on converting me, demanding legislation that holds me accountable to their religion, those sorts of things.

I have never, ever, not ONCE knocked on any person's door to try to persuade them to give up their religion. I have never ever known of a non-christian knocking on people's doors to "spread the good word." So why do I have so many knocking on my door, handing out flyers and pamphlets, and sending me junk mail trying to convert me to their religion?

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell, as an atheist I have more christians praying for me than any christian has, unless, maybe the pope takes ill.

Atheists have more forebearance for their fellow man than most christians.

If a christian argues that we are keeping them from their faith by not allowing the ten commandments to be displayed in public buildings or prayer in schools, ask them if they are willing to let other religions have their day in school or plaques on public walls. The "religious" majority are remarkably unforgiving.

bboy24

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Religion can be a scary thing. I think that in our society religion has been raped and perverted by people fucking around with the passages in the Bible to suit their own lifestyles and justify shit that they do.
Alot of religious people are some of the biggest hypocrites I have ever known-I am mostly talking from experience about a lot of members of my family-and I know that I would not want to spend eternity with most of the people who claim they are doing "God's work."
I Was brought up to have respect for people's beliefs that are different then mine. I don't know why a lot of religons want to convert everyone to their religion. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all believed the same thing.
Yes, I do believe in God. Yes, I do go to church. I am a Catholic. But I don't like to tell people that I am religious because I don't like that negative context so I think that I am more spiritual. I believe in a lot of things from different religions; from Wicca to Native American religions, even Buddism and Islam.
Oh and I have seen Jesus Camp with my mom. It was the most Goddamn freaky ass movie I have ever seen. Scarier than any horror movie. A buddy of mine who saw it, said that Pastor Becky was scarier then Jason Voorheese. :D
For another good one, check out the documentary Hell House. We have one of those here in Colorado. I may check it out this Halloween.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

You are either stupid or full of sh!t!

The reason so many people are opposed to the way some evangelicals operate is that said evangelicals want to impose their moral beliefs on ALL of society. Don't write as though they're just a bunch of "nice", "innocent" religious people or as if they are victims.

I thought it was hilarious that the minister, or one of the ministers in "Jesus Camp", the so-called "Reverend" Ted Haggard, turned out to be a cocksucker! (Remember the minister and the male hustler last fall?, that was Haggard, and he was in the movie)

And if you're a Christian, what are you doing on a website that's full of loose sex talk and photos of big succulent penises? Just trying to convert the lost?