Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow. He should've gotten a star a lonnnngg time ago.

Britney Spears, Paula Abdul, Michael Bolton, Cuba Gooding, Matt Damon, Cameron Diaz, Arsenio Hall, Pee Wee Herman, David Copperfield, Roger Ebert, Celine Dion, Jamie Foxx, Whoopi Goldberg, David Hasselhof, Magic Johnson, Kenny Loggins, Jay Leno, Howie Mandel, The Olsen Twins, Joan Rivers, Wesley Snipes, John Stamos, Ryan Seacrest, John Singleton, Patrick Swayze, Donald Trump, Vanna White and a host of other lesser lights in terms of "Hollywood Stardom", all got one before he did. :rolleyes:

*now* they give him one...and how the hell is he supposed to pay for the upkeep considering the disarray his estate his in? :mad:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow. He should've gotten a star a lonnnngg time ago.

Britney Spears, Paula Abdul, Michael Bolton, Cuba Gooding, Matt Damon, Cameron Diaz, Arsenio Hall, Pee Wee Herman, David Copperfield, Roger Ebert, Celine Dion, Jamie Foxx, Whoopi Goldberg, David Hasselhof, Magic Johnson, Kenny Loggins, Jay Leno, Howie Mandel, The Olsen Twins, Joan Rivers, Wesley Snipes, John Stamos, Ryan Seacrest, John Singleton, Patrick Swayze, Donald Trump, Vanna White and a host of other lesser lights in terms of "Hollywood Stardom", all got one before he did. :rolleyes:

*now* they give him one...and how the hell is he supposed to pay for the upkeep considering the disarray his estate his in? :mad:

Who knows...there are a lot of people who are in a lot worse shape than Dennis Hopper though. I think that it is really great that he got a star though. Just think about it...there are many celebs that aren't recognized by a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who knows...there are a lot of people who are in a lot worse shape than Dennis Hopper though. I think that it is really great that he got a star though. Just think about it...there are many celebs that aren't recognized by a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

well yeah, but what i mean is that it is kind of political...the start actually buy their stars, and have to pay $25,000 to the HOllywood trust, to pay for the ceremonial event for them, the lifetime upkeep of the Star, etc. (plus you do not get one if you do not agree to go to the event, unless you are dead) and studios actually will pay the cost of buying the star a star as a good publicity tool when that star has a film with that studio coming out

what i mean is, how does Britney Spears get one (like 3 years in to her career) and the Olsen twins, (who did nothing but sit and stare since they were only 2 years old on the show they were on, and have done nothing since) while a legend like Dennis Hopper had to wait 40 years?

just seems to annoy me :wink:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Britney Spears, Paula Abdul, Michael Bolton, Cuba Gooding, Matt Damon, Cameron Diaz, Arsenio Hall, Pee Wee Herman, David Copperfield, Roger Ebert, Celine Dion, Jamie Foxx, Whoopi Goldberg, David Hasselhof, Magic Johnson, Kenny Loggins, Jay Leno, Howie Mandel, The Olsen Twins, Joan Rivers, Wesley Snipes, John Stamos, Ryan Seacrest, John Singleton, Patrick Swayze, Donald Trump, Vanna White and a host of other lesser lights in terms of "Hollywood Stardom", all got one before he did.
All of them are somewhat understandable but those two. What in the fucking world have they done?! Howie Mandel clings for any bit of fame he can clasp onto, and Seacrest...hosts American Idol? Hosts.

Oh my.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
what i mean is, how does Britney Spears get one (like 3 years in to her career) and the Olsen twins, (who did nothing but sit and stare since they were only 2 years old on the show they were on, and have done nothing since) while a legend like Dennis Hopper had to wait 40 years?

just seems to annoy me :wink:

Well, I hear you on a lot of the stars like Britney. I bet that she earned that star :rolleyes:. For all we know some music executive she fucked for a couple of days or got a blowjob for a week kicked off the ATM to pay for her star. And the Olsen twins...I HAVEN'T THE SLIGHTEST IDEA HOW IN THE FUCK THEY COULD GET A STAR.

I am glad that Dennis Hopper got his star.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
All of them are somewhat understandable but those two. What in the fucking world have they done?! Howie Mandel clings for any bit of fame he can clasp onto, and Seacrest...hosts American Idol? Hosts.

Oh my.

Substance has been in short supply in Hollywood for a while; substance abuse is rampant. I wonder if the two are connected?

I have always thought American Idol should be flushed into the sewers where it belongs.

Dennis Hopper is a great watch even in his bad movies. I like his role in MY SCIENCE PROJECT where he goes a little over the top in his role. The film is good but uneven.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I agree that the Hopper's star is about 30 years too late.
Sad....when i heard this on one of the cable blah blah 'news' channels they opened the story with, "this is probably the last time we will see Dennis Hopper in public alive" :eek::eek::eek:

I thought to myself, good lord, hyperbole much???

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
He truly deserved the star for such a long time. One of a kind actor.

Amen. He was such a bad boy for sooo long, I'm sure that's why he was never honored. He's an original. What a total shame to see him so sadly reduced in physical stature.

He was great in Crash, which wrapped just last year. His work writing, directing, and starring in Easy Rider, as well as his role in Blue Velvet spring to mind; I love his totally unforgettable scene with Christopher Walken in True Romance. A classic "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" moment.

He's also an avid photographer, and art collector. He's scheduled to have an exhibit at the LA Contemporary Museum this summer.

Here's a pic of him with Nicholson.

Wow.

Attachments

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What hyperbole?
The man is truly on the verge of death.
He only weighs 100 pounds now.

True..and yes, i am sure he is not long for this world....but do you really need media commentary like "this is the last time we will see him alive" ?? I just found it in pretty poor taste to cover someone (who is LIVING's) accomplishment with remarks like that.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
True..and yes, i am sure he is not long for this world....but do you really need media commentary like "this is the last time we will see him alive" ?? I just found it in pretty poor taste to cover someone (who is LIVING's) accomplishment with remarks like that.

Well, yes ... and no.
I mean, the media is full of stories about his illness and impending death.
And I would guess that this ceremony had been moved up in time so that the star would be awarded to a living man, instead of posthumously.
The poignancy of the fact that we see him getting this (overdue) award in the shadow of his impending death ... simply adds immensely to the story.
Of course, anyone has the right to find this, as you do, "in pretty poor taste."
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, my BiItalianBro.
Can't deny that.