Jesus returns in a few days

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Oh crap I forgot all about this.... Jesus Returns on 5/21/11 -- Save the Date
And I just paid my bills off too. I'm going shopping later... I don't really have anything to wear that really says Judgement Day the way I would really like it to.:rolleyes:

I think the nice white starched shirt and jeans will do fine....oh, and yes, the baseball cap and the sunglasses (you might need them) !!! :biggrin1:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone who is interested can get the calculations of the Reverend Harold Camping (yes, that is his name: he is Camping) straight from the horse's, um, mouth right here. Here are some extracts. (CAUTION: INTENSE STUPIDITY FOLLOWS. Paying attention to it may cause your brain to burst into flame!) First, here is the scheme of history:

Some of his calculations:

Uhm... where does he get the 5,10, 17, 23, 487, and other random numbers that he says are significant, from? My bible doesn't mention these numbers. I mean, it does... but it doesn't signify the numbers themselves as anything important. I think my brain is smoldering.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Out of curiosity, does anyone know the amount of "Judgement Days" and "End Times" that we've survived already as a species? It would seem we're pretty resilient against the Gods attempts to punish us for all eternity.

Here is a list that gives 220 dates for the end of the world.
On this, I say ... one strike and you're out.
But peeps are willing to curl up inside any number of beliefs, no matter how foolish, counter to logic, and repeatedly disproven they may be ... and call it home.
We are one crazy species.

Last edited:

D_ewjjde

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks haha, that was a great browse.

I just hope none of these people are stupid enough to sell their possessions away or quit their jobs come May 21st.

jjo12401

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a really good friend who is turning 25 on 05/21/2011. She is very excited that Jesus is coming to the birthday party and will be very upset if he does not bring a good present. Maybe turn water to wine, or walk on water or something like that would be cool. Whatever he brings, I hope it is wrapped in really nice paper....she deserves that. Happy BDay Vanessa ..... may you live forever! (another great gift BTW if you are reading this JC)

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks haha, that was a great browse.

I just hope none of these people are stupid enough to sell their possessions away or quit their jobs come May 21st.

You may like to listen to the Rev replying on his radio show to a telephone caller who asks whether people who have given him all their money in anticipation of the Rapture on May 21 will receive a refund on May 22.

You can expect that those who have given away their possessions will become even more fanatically devoted to their loony leader, who will of course have some thoroughly convincing explanation of why the prediction was not fulfilled--or else why, despite appearances, it actually was. That, at least, is the effect observed in a famous study made by psychologist Leon Festinger and two colleagues in the 1950s:

Freeminds.org - When Prophecies Fail

In studying this phenomenon, credit must be given to Leon Festinger for his cognitive dissonance theory, as developed in his book When Prophecy Fails, originally published in 1956 and co-authored by Festinger, Henry W. Riecken and Stanley Schachter. The authors comprised a research team who conducted a study of a small cult-following of a Mrs. Marian Keech, a housewife who claimed to receive messages from aliens via automatic writing. The message of the aliens was one of a coming world cataclysm, but with the hope of surviving for the elect who listened to them through Keech and selected other mediums. What Festinger and his associates demonstrated in the end was that the failure of prophecy often has the opposite effect of what the average person might expect; the cult following often gets stronger and the members even more convinced of the truth of their actions and beliefs! This unique paradox is the focus of attention in this article, and will be later applied specifically to the Jehovah's Witness movement.

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone who is interested can get the calculations of the Reverend Harold Camping (yes, that is his name: he is Camping) straight from the horse's, um, mouth right here. Here are some extracts. (CAUTION: INTENSE STUPIDITY FOLLOWS. Paying attention to it may cause your brain to burst into flame!) First, here is the scheme of history:

Some of his calculations:

This is all very impressive math, potentially with many flaws. No one will
know the the hour or day of that event. More than likely it will happen
on the day nobody will suspect, the passages clearly explain that. Two
are working in the field one is taken one is left. People will all the sudden
will be missing followed by mass confusion. In the midst of it all a figure
will have all the answers to what happed.Then this "man" will be given
power of the nations and call himself "GOD".

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is all very impressive math, potentially with many flaws. No one will
know the the hour or day of that event. More than likely it will happen
on the day nobody will suspect, the passages clearly explain that. Two
are working in the field one is taken one is left. People will all the sudden
will be missing followed by mass confusion. In the midst of it all a figure
will have all the answers to what happed.Then this "man" will be given
power of the nations and call himself "GOD".

Ah, yes: the prediction is thoroughly compelling; it's just the dating that is dubious.
:wall:

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, yes: the prediction is thoroughly compelling; it's just the dating that is dubious.
:wall:

All these things in the senario where taught to me as a kid. But it's
never wise to predict that day. Don't you think.:biggrin1: