Jimmy Carter Leaves Church Over Treatment of Women

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Principessa, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Jimmy Carter Leaves Church Over Treatment of Women

I thought he had left the Southern Baptist Church in the 70's because of their mistreatment of blacks? :confused: Good for him for finally speaking up for what he believes in and hopefully putting his money where his mouth is. By that I mean, I hope he isn't just not attending church; but that he stops titheing as well. That will make the church take notice.

2. D_Stanford Dedwillie III

he's still alive?

3. D_Snidely_Snatchlapper

LOL, yes. And a wonderful humanitarian. And a misunderstood president. He is a thinker in a reactionary society. And to all who disagree, I am glad that you have an opinion.

4. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like him so much. He has shown such growth and wisdom over his life. He really does walk the walk. He really has tried to make the world a better place. Good for him for taking this stand for women. It can olny breed equality for everyone

5. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

He suddenly decided that the church was oppressing women? He hadn't realized it before? Call me skeptical. You'd be hard-pressed to find a religious organization that doesn't discriminate against someone. Either you agree with their dogma, you disagree and attend their services anyway, or you go elsewhere. Most people seem to choose A or B.

6. D_Doewell Dadong

D_Doewell Dadong New Member

I have a deep mis trust of organised religion at the best of times. Can't fault anyone who stands up for what they believe in. But after skim reading the article. If he left that particular church in the 70's, why bring it up now? Or is it part of a memoir?

Draft saved Draft deleted