Jimmy Carter : Playing the race card

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, in a previous post, you wrote : " worthless cause like Vietnam" so obviously you have no respect for the service the man did for the country, so I am surprised that you take such offense.

And, why couldn't he be a racist? I think Jesse Peterson makes a pretty good argument.

Keep digging that hole, Skippy. The more you post, the more everyone can see just what a sad, lonely soul you really are.

BOOPO2

Experimental Member
Media
Jimmy carter was the worst president we have ever had & he still won't go away.
If you are white & you do something to help a white person you are a racist--
if you are black & you help another black person ,you did it to help your fellow black man.
Wake up
Black people always want to play the race card--Get an education & you will get a good job & get off of public assistance.
Enough of the race card already.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Black people always want to play the race card--Get an education & you will get a good job & get off of public assistance.
Enough of the race card already.

And seriously, you only see black people calling out people for being racist on this board? Nice try... maybe it's you who needs the education? :rolleyes:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Jimmy carter was the worst president we have ever had & he still won't go away.

Not even close.

But I do have to admit the worst president we ever had has found the grace to keep his mouth shut since he left office. He's due some credit for that.

Unlike his supporters.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's right. Anyone who DIDN'T vote for Obama must be a racist! Brilliant conclusion.

I never concluded anything of the kind. But you just have.

What I will say is that more subliminal racism exists toward Obama than you can possibly imagine. Recall these people still fly the Confederate flag at their State buildings.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Begin Democratic Party Self Destruct Sequence Phase III:

I think this shows that the democratic party is far more inclusive of people's varying opinions. I disagree with the democrats that believe there is no racism at these healthcare rallies or against Obama...

I think the Republicans love to state that somehow they cured Racism in this country and it no longer exists. I believe we have made tremendous progress, but it is long from being extinct.

The Republicans seem to enjoy their continuation of alienating everyone from their party that is not a white evangelical. When will the Republican party return to a viable political party? one that discusses and debates actual issues? one that answers to all, not just their ever shrinking base of angry, white, evangelicals?

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Wow... Jimmy. Just shut the fuck up you old hack.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Carter Claims There Is "Racist" Tone Against Obama

Most ppl whom disagree with Obama's disastrous policies couldn't care less if he was green... it's about policies... pathetic to pull the race card, so early and so conveniently. What was your excuse dickhead??? Prejudice against peanuts? 444 days dickwad....

exactly. the dems have lost the the argument for the national agenda. pulling out the race card is just feeble and transparent. They are desperate and clinging to a string of hope. are there racists out there? sure on both sides.

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have to admit that waaaaay back when Carter ran against Ford I was aghast at the idea of Jimmy Carter becoming President. But those were the last of the old Goldwater blues still left in my veins. When it came time to punch the ballot, I voted for Ford. He was a bit milk-toastish, but I was stupid to think he was harmless. Plus, he had a great track record on civil rights and his wife won big cookie points for coming out as an alcoholic and later starting The Betty Ford Clinic. These were actions I could relate to. But, with the exception of Jimmy Carter's initial southern mush mouth delivery (which he worked hard to eliminate) and his military style of micromanagement, he was a room full of roses compared to Nixon who spent his post presidential years trying to rewrite his history so he came across less menacing as he really was. Anyone remember Alger Hiss? Talk about framing the innocent for your own good.

In retrospect, if you study why Iran became such a big problem for Carter you quickly learn what poor military promises had been made to the Shah prior to Carter taking the reigns of the presidency. Had the USA withdrawn from Iran in 1978 and kept a low profile, there would have been a good chance the US Embassy hostage situation might not have ever happened.

But Carter was also maligned by the major drinkers in Congress and Washington, in general. No alcohol served at the White House? What?! How un-'mericuhn of the Carters! And most notably, Carter appointed more African Americans to fill government positions than any previous president. So many, in fact, it was obvious.

Reagan was lauded by the inner beltway old guard for "Bringing glamour and sophistication back to Washington." You can find out who said that by simply googling the quote. So, the USA got just what it deserved. A president who macro managed, took a lot of naps, was fond of saying when pressured "I can't remember" (which he most likely really couldn't), and a wife who directed the comings and goings of the president by consulting an astrologer with a crystal ball she kept on retainer. The drink of the Reagans: orange juice with a shot of vodka. And Republicans finally had a first lady who dressed (for her advanced age) as well as Jacki Onassis. Yup. Glamour was certainly more important than actually governing. The Rea̝gan years were 8 years of the exact opposite: ungoverning.

I'm just hoping someone finally comes forward with photos of Ollie North in drag (if those people have not already been censored by a Luger with a silencer).

In comparison, Jimmy Carter comes across as one of the most honest, direct, and uber intelligent presidents we've ever had. He has not stopped working for the common good. And he's rather a remarkable writer and commentator, if you ever bother to pick up any of his books and bother to read them.

The US population was (as it is now) just too uneducated and dumb to recognize how lucky we were to have Carter for at least four years. In the future I fully expect politicians will be openly elected via telephone on America's Got Talent.

Last edited:

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can also add to Mr Carters accomplishments

- Funding the Mujhaddein more than six months before the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

Some say this provoked the invasion, not prevented it, and was designed to draw the Soviets into their own Vietnam-style war to bleed them dry. At least according to Ziggi Brzezinski in numerous interviews.

"According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention…." Interview with Le Nouvel Observateur,15-21 November 1998

Brzezinski was, of course, the National Security Advisor to Carter, a member of the Council on Foreign Relatons and former director of the Trilateral Commission.

This was also reinforced in the Robert Gates book "From the Shadows". Carter was correctly honoured with the Nobel War Prize in 2002 for his outstanding work.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
President Carter stated that there was:

"A belief among many white people... that African Americans are not qualified to lead this great country"

LiveLeak.com - Jimmy Carter: Opposition To Obama Because He's A Black Man

But back when President Carter said Obama did not have the proven substance or experience (in other words he was not qualified) to be President, was that racism?

LiveLeak.com - Jimmy Carter: "Obama doesn't have the Proven Substance or Experience to be the President"