Joan Crawford's taste in men....

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by elegant20, Jan 2, 2010.

1. elegant20

Gold Member

She not only went after her co-stars she stared with, she also screwed with producers, lawyers, or any financial person Joan could get her hands on. But above all the men(stars she had with) she fucked...which did you think satisfied her "needs" in a manner of speaking? I mean look at the men she had with: Franchot Tone, Clark Gable, Phillip Terry, Alfred Steele, Spencer Tracy, etc....do you think Joan Crawford was taking men like they were meal tickets or is it the other way? Despite the abuse she had with children, what was your thought of Joan's taste in men as she got older?

2. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    She had a very definite HUNGer for BIG DICKS too, She was a notorious Size Queen in the Golden age of Hollywood

HH

3. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I read a biography on her, she seemed like a smart but incredibly needy and eager to please woman. I am sure her taste in men was "anything goes" as long as it could benefit her somehow.

4. mikey41

Gold Member

Good question, Elegant. I think Joan's taste in men was first rate, except for her unwise attempt at fucking Merv Griffin on her spotless foyer floor. Years later she would appear on his talk show, both of them behaving as if it were their first meeting.

5. sam1956

sam1956 Member

Albums:
    Philip Terry and Franchot Tone were both beautiful when they married the slut.Douglas Fairbanks was too.Mary Pickford saw right through the slut and didn't want her at Pickfair

6. NY4Curious

NY4Curious New Member

Though she "loved" Clark Gable, from photos I've seen and what I've read, she loved fucking Franchot Tone. He was notoriously well hung, swung in both directions and I'm sure brought other men into their bedroom to satisfy her. (The last is pure speculation--the first two are reported confessions of hers or perceptions from old photos and stores she tells of remaining friends with Tone after the divorce.)

7. SweatsBulge

SweatsBulge Member

I think because Joan was so into her work that she didn't go outside the movie community (or someone close to and with major influence within the entertainment industry) for her men. Her work was her life and I feel she stayed in that realm for just about everything.

8. elegant20

Gold Member

Franchot Tone was bi in real life. He had guy relationships before and during Hollywood. I think Franchot Tone's mother was also in a very serious relationship with a female writer, too. I think she was bi, too, as well. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

But I got a strange question? Are nearly all her MGM husbands she was once married were bi to begin with? Or is that just a lot of gossip in old Hollywood back in those days? Curious to know...

9. dreamer20

Gold Member

I doubt anyone here can answer your questions. :confused13:

You'd better consult John Edwards.:thinkerg::sleepy::dead1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WLEsZWMmn8

10. mikey41

Gold Member

Nearly everyone was bi back then. Old Hollywood was so much more fun.

11. LittleDicky

Gold Member

According to Bette Davis, "Joan Crawford slept with every male star at MGM except Lassie.” :eek:

12. txquis

Gold Member

From all I've read and researched about her, Joan was an abused child. I'm not sure how that impacted he sex life....Always sounds like half of her wanted to be dominated, the other half wanted to dominate. Anything goes, indeed.

13. pinky

pinky New Member

From statements made by Carole Lombard, his wife, Clark Gable was not only a lousy lay he was rather small.:frown1:

14. texas41-38

texas41-38 Member

The only man she ever loved was Alfred Steele. A member of my Dad's family worked in a pretty lowly position at MGM during the Golden Years. Upon his death, there was a file folder of notes and letters between he and Crawford talking mostly about children and grandchildren and all of the "scripts" that were piled up on her desk.

After she married Steele the letters would be on embossed Pepsico stationary with her name and title in the left margin on two lines "Joan Crawford Steele".
    "Board of Directors". Perhaps she never had time to love men since she spent her life loving her fans. It had been more than 30 years since they had worked together at MGM, but she still kept in touch with a lighting grip that she had done films with.

15. elegant20

Gold Member

During that that time, texas41-38, studio heads like Mayer and Warner had a mob mentality about people in general. Injuries to either the stars or the crew members that handle all the dangerous materials usually went unnoticed. Usually, the studio heads of the 30s and 40s would only be concerned about the picture, not the person in general. Scary, but true. Interesting, texas41-38. Thanks for the report.

Draft saved Draft deleted