Joan Rivers taken off live UK tv for swearing

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From BBC News (read it fully here)

US comedienne Joan Rivers has had an appearance on a daytime TV show cut short after swearing live on air. The 75-year-old's outburst came when talking about actor Russell Crowe on ITV's Loose Women. The star claimed she was expecting a time delay so the expletives could be bleeped out.

An ITV spokeswoman said: "Guests are always briefed that it is a live daytime show and are reminded not to swear or use inappropriate language." She added: "An editorial decision was taken that Joan Rivers should not appear in the final part of the programme. "We would like to apologise to Loose Women viewers for the inappropriate language used on today's show."

Rivers, who is currently in the UK promoting her London acting debut in a self-penned autobiographical play, said she had warned the show: "Get ready to bleep." She added that it was not her fault that producers did not have the facility to edit out bad language. The star said she was having a great time talking with the panel, which included Jackie Brambles and Carol McGiffin, when she made the comments about Crowe."I said: 'I apologise.' Everyone apologised. It was hilariously funny."

During a commercial break, Rivers said producers took her off the set, adding that it was the first time she had been removed in 40 years and she was "thrilled". However, the star is prepared to return - but only on her terms. "I would be delighted to go back if they would apologise and give me a gift."

Watch a clip of it on Youtube here. Gotta love Joan, crazy old lady.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I saw that live. Stupid cunts. Classic case of closing the stable door once the horse had bolted! Joans been around hundreds of years she was hardly gonna swear again once she realised it was live. Bring the bitch back!