Jobless Claims Rise as Unemployment Crisis Continues

D

deleted15807

What exactly is the big deal? Joblessness is the free market at work. Right? Government didn't lay these people off. We love business when times are great then when times get bad we still love them and blame government for the job losses? Am I getting this right?

It Will Be Years Before Lost Jobs Return -- and Many Never Will

If the job market returns to the rapid pace of the 1990s -- adding 2.15 million private-sector jobs a year, double the 2001-2007 pace -- the U.S. wouldn't get back to a 5% unemployment rate until late 2017, Rutgers University economist Joseph Seneca estimated. And that assumes no recession between now and then. "Even with some very optimistic assumptions, it's a long road back," Mr. Seneca said.

Reactions: Crimsonlurker

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
. . . If the job market returns to the rapid pace of the 1990s -- adding 2.15 million private-sector jobs a year, double the 2001-2007 pace -- the U.S. wouldn't get back to a 5% unemployment rate until late 2017, Rutgers University economist Joseph Seneca estimated. And that assumes no recession between now and then. "Even with some very optimistic assumptions, it's a long road back," Mr. Seneca said.
Yeah, I wouldn't count on starpoop paying any attention to your economist. After all, he called Joseph Stiglitz, one of the most prescient, most highly regarded, and most oft quoted economists in the world "a wacko mad scientist with an agenda". #85 #89

Instead he favors Christopher Chantrill , a true wacko who supports s.p.'s agenda. Mr. Chantrill is of course not an economist at all, rather in his own words, "a writer and a conservative" and " a member of the international capitalist conspiracy". Go ahead, click on those links. It's hilarious and revealing. And disturbing. #188 #192

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I wouldn't count on starpoop paying any attention to your economist. After all, he called Joseph Stiglitz, one of the most prescient, most highly regarded, and most oft quoted economists in the world "a wacko mad scientist with an agenda". #85 #89

He is a gifted economist, but he is a raging liberal.

Instead he favors
Christopher Chantrill , a true wacko who supports s.p.'s agenda. Mr. Chantrill is of course not an economist at all, rather in his own words, "a writer and a conservative" and " a member of the international capitalist conspiracy". Go ahead, click on those links. It's hilarious and revealing. And disturbing. #188 #192

Dude, I posted one fucking chart from Chantrill's website. I don't use him as a beacon of economic theory.

Friggin spindoctor.

D_Alastair Pisspoore

Account Disabled
Media
How can Shrub be a distant memory, when we are painfully reminded every day that he left our country in shambles. As for Cheney, he sure got a "thunderous reception" at CPAC, didn't he?:

Dick Cheney Suprise Visit to CPAC‎ - Brought to you by your favorite propaganda source.

Video results for Cheney at CPAC - For those who can stand it.

Oh, and look, here's an interview with Johnathan Karl from last week, you lying sack of shit:

Exclusive Interview with Cheney - Again, if anyone can stand to watch.

Wow, you're still trying to sell this shit? The stench is overwhelming! I think we all know who's the top contender for the worst President in U.S. history without even saying it, now don't we? At this point, I think you should put yourself on ignore, before somebody starts a campaign.

That's so far off the chart, even for you, that it's out of this universe and in another dimension entirely. You are "unequivocally" insane. Yes, that is the correct spelling, Starpooper.

Wow that was pretty intense.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
He is a gifted economist, but he is a raging liberal.
So say you, but then in your mind everyone's a liberal who's not a member of your little Reichstag.

Dude, I posted one fucking chart from Chantrill's website. I don't use him as a beacon of economic theory.

Friggin spindoctor.
No, you used his made-up chart of fictitious numbers to spin one of your typically dishonest and baseless arguments. You called him up, if you're embarrassed that's your problem.

As you know, I do not discuss economics with you anymore. It's just too boring, and I have much better things to do. However, if you want to continue down this path, I will be happy to provide more links to where I repeatedly kicked your ass to the curb. Up to you.

Last edited:

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bush is a distant memory; Cheney can't even get an interview. Step up and address the issue at hand - which is that the worst president in U.S. history is also the biggest liar in world history and is the most inept, unqualified politician in any country in the last 800 years.

I thought you said Bush was a distant memory?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So say you, but then in your mind everyone's a liberal who's not a member of your little Reichstag.

No, you used his made-up chart of fictitious numbers to spin one of your typically dishonest and baseless arguments. You called him up, if you're embarrassed that's your problem.

Tell me, what drugs are you on? And do you take them around the clock? I put up a chart about gov't spending. Some knucklehead (one of your buddies, no doubt) didn't understand that federal spending has actually increased since your golden boy took office.

As you know, I do not discuss economics with you anymore. It's just too boring, and I have much better things to do. However, if you want to continue down this path, I will be happy to provide more links to where I repeatedly kicked your ass to the curb. Up to you.

You don't discuss economics because I'm overpowering in that subject. I don't blame you from hiding anytime the issue moves to economics.

Where did you kick my ass? Because you found a Cheney interview?

Keep dreaming; or doing drugs - or both.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Tell me, what drugs are you on? And do you take them around the clock? . . . You don't discuss economics because I'm overpowering in that subject. I don't blame you from hiding anytime the issue moves to economics. . . . Keep dreaming; or doing drugs - or both.
You just perfectly described yourself, pissant. I would be amused by the irony, except that I have become so overwhelmingly bored by you, I just don't give a crap anymore. Keep lying and spinning sister, you've sunk nearly as low as that insane Trisexual, and that's as low as you can go.

D

deleted15807

I'm quite sure we've all seen enough of your stupid editorials.

Bush is a distant memory; Cheney can't even get an interview. Step up and address the issue at hand - which is that the worst president in U.S. history is also the biggest liar in world history and is the most inept, unqualified politician in any country in the last 800 years.

The people 'in the know' are ensuring that the next three years are simply political stalemate so that this fucking IDIOT can't inflict any more damage on this country.

Obama has not accomplished a single postive thing in over a year. Every single thing that he promised with his evil, lying, misrepresentation of a campaign has turned out to be:

A lie
A misrepresentation
A flipflop on his stance
A failure
A cover-up

He hasn't delivered on anything, and his own party is running away from him at light speed in order to have a sliver of a chance in the 2010 elections.

Barack Obama is unequivically the worst president in U.S. history and has cemented that legacy in less than 13 months.

Sometimes it's always worth looking back on Bullshit Mountain and the disinformation and lies.

Jobs, paychecks, corporate profits and stock prices have all improved since our last report on the Obama statistical record. Some highlights:
    • The economy has now gained nearly five times more jobs under President Barack Obama than it did during the presidency of George W. Bush, and the unemployment rate has dropped to just below the historical average.
    • Real weekly earnings are up 1.7 percent, thanks in part to a plunge in gasoline prices.
    • Corporate profits have nearly tripled, and stock prices have soared.
    • On the other hand, the number of Americans receiving food stamps remains 45 percent higher than when the president first took office, and the rate of home ownership has dropped by 3.2 percentage points, to the lowest point in nearly 20 years.
    • The average premium for a benchmark “silver” health plan in the Obamacare marketplaces rose only 2 percent this year, and consumers had more plans from which to choose. But the tax penalty for going without insurance will double.
Obama’s Numbers (January 2015 Update)
More jobs, higher paychecks, falling fuel prices: Our latest scorecard.