Jock Itch

H8Monga: This thread come to mind due to my new boss. We don't know if it's jock itch or not but we have caught him going to town sratching his down below areas. I don't know for sure if he tried to be descreet or if he knows we've seen him. According to one of the other co-workers he does it all day long. A couple of the women have asked me why he does it as if I'd know. I said, maybe he's wearing too small underwear (sometimes it looks like he's grabbing downward at his inner thigh) or maybe he has a rash. One of the women refers to him now as *scratching/pulling pants gesture*. I know it's mean. A couple of us have pondered maybe we should ask him if everything's ok or suggest something but would that be rude? Would we embarrass him? Should we just leave it alone? Maybe it's just habit?

Anyway I've had jock itch once when I was 11 and it was awful. I was and still am not one to scratch in public and it was embarrassing for me. I was wondering in addition to the above have any of you had this unpleasantness? Being that this is LPSG, does the scratching add to unwanted attention or is embarrassing?

prepky: i agree hapi, I dont think that it is very polite to scratch in public, i understand that sometimes it is an emergency to scratch or adjust, but at least be descret about it, I am out with my wife, I ask to stand in front of me if I really really need to do something about the itch or the pinch.....

H8Monga: The poor guy was the butt of the jokes today... I admit I laughed my head off by the way one of them was acting right in front of him, I couldn't believe it. He does feel that something is up and it's about him... :-/

Ineligible: Hapi, this seems pretty mean to me. Perhaps the bloke has jock itch; perhaps he has ill-fitting underwear; perhaps he just has a habit; perhaps the sight of his workers keeps getting him unintentionally aroused. In any case, surely it's simple good manners to ignore it. Asking him about it would have no function, surely, than to embarrass him.

The only exception that I can see is if it were in fact a deliberate action, intended to be seen. Then it could well be sexual harassment. But from what you say that doesn't seem to be the case.

H8Monga: I know it's mean and we should be ashamed, but most of all I laugh at how the others act and joke. I like Mike. I am sure he understands some of my issues being a big guy. Him being aroused I don't think is it... if he was they'd definitely would tear him up and as sexually charged as that place is there is no such thing as sexual harrassment and they'd probably flirt with him to no end even if he's married. He scratches his scrotum. One of them has said they've seen him sniff his fingers afterward but that I've not seen and can't say is what he's actually doing. Poor guy.

I have a feeling he will be asked anyway. The other boss, the one who he is replacing, asks us very personal questions all the time. It's a matter of time... even he has noticed.

drrionelli: What you might try is this:

When next you are alone with the man and observe him scratching and pulling, commisurate with him and tactfully, discretely mention something like, "I know what that's like. Have you ever tried (insert name of jock itch medication here)? It worked for me."

That way, if it is jock itch, he'll be aware of his actions. If it's not, then maybe he'll mention what the problem is, e.g., tight underwear, parasites, whatever. Then you might suggest that as he seems so uncomfortable with the situation that he might see a doctor (even suggesting your own might help).

HungJordan: Some people may not know what it is actually.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My experience has been my crotch area being the hottest of all parts of my body, therefore more perspiration there than anywhere else. If I wear my balls and cock pulled up from between my legs (a jock or briefs) there's less perspiring and they stay cooler.
In bed I am often on my side with my balls pulled up and dick straight out from my body. At times I have a pillow for them to lie on, which is cool, especially waking up with a hardon.

Of course, the daily shower/bath keeps the area clean, also, which cuts down on the itching and scratching desire.

flame: my seatmate also annoys me. he would always scratch down there when we're having a class. in anyway, im aroused with him.

is it "jock itch"? how do you get this? im pretty curious.

TITANboner: I have had jock itch. It is h*ll cause I also think its wrong to scratch in public. (When I scratch, the whole world seems to know.) So I never scratch. All you do is but cream on it.

btw, you get jock itch if you don't clean good enough down there and usually durring the summer cause you sweat.

slamdunklayup: I play a lot of sports, so I can relate to this one. I notice that I get it when I'm playing for 2+ hours a day and can't shower until I'm finished.

Lamasil AT is the best thing for it, but even then it takes a couple of days to take the itching away. In the meanwhile, I don't scratch around the ladies or in an average public setting. But if I with the guys or playing sports, I'll scratch periodically to get the relief. With my size it isn't all that discrete, but they don't care.