1. alexis daddy

alexis daddy New Member

I don't post much, but have a question. Am I just old school or totally out of touch. I've been going to the gym and noticed that I am one of the few guys that wear a jock for my workouts i.e, running, eliptical, bike. The younger guys tend to wear boxers or such. I guess I just don't like to flop around and am afraid of falling out.

2. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A good jock will never go out of style- and you are in a locker room man. Don't feel self-consious about baring your ass in straps, man- keep those balls safe and be proud.

I was just about to post the following question to guys on the board:

Anyone remember being required to wear jocks in gym class? If you didn't have your own would coach go to his drawer and give you a "loaner" either of his or from lost and found? I guess I think borrowing a buddy's (clean) gear is pretty cool!:smile:

3. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    I played Lacrosse without a jock once. I had...an experience. So after that, I decided it's best to protect the family jewlels. Wear the jock, bro

4. moose1

moose1 Member

I agree guys,
    Don't see them as often but then again, we 40's guys might hang a little lower too...LOL

I woudn't even mind borrowing a buddy's worn Jock if he's clean and Buffed....If he wants to swap workout shirts I'd gladly hand mine over.
    Natural TEST gives a good workout pump!

5. PECTACULAR

PECTACULAR New Member

Albums:
    One day a bunch of "us" were standing around the front counter at my gym chewing the fat and something came up about wearing jock straps. Surprised me that the guy working behind the counter at my gym admitted that he had never owned or even worn a jock..... these 20 something guys!

When I was in JR high school it was required as part of the gym uniform. Up to today it still represents a right of passage to man hood for me. Still love the feel and the mental boost wearing a jock gives me. Still wear a jock under my shorts at the gym.... still part of my "uniform".

6. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    That was my experience growing up, too. But I kinda stopped wearing them for awhile and started wearing the larger briefs (like short tights) to keep my bits up close and safe.

However, I've recently gone back to wearing the jock and have to say I really really love it! Especially like it when I take my shorts off in public to change...get a lot more looks than when I wear my usual 'tights' or undies. Gets my balls and cock in just the right position and frames my ass very nicely.

I think they look real hot on other guys too. Hint to all you 20 year olds: Not as usual to see but there are a few out there and they look very very nice on. So there ya go: Practical, sexy, and fashionable... I think I'll go put mine on right now!

7. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    There is a web site devoted to guys who like jock straps and it also includes pictures of guys in jocks, information about jock straps and list of sites where jock straps can be pruchased. It also has a live chat "The Jock Zone" for jock wearing guys. The address is below.

AllKink's Jockstrap Locker Room :: Home Base

8. sleepiboi

sleepiboi Member

from my personal experience, everybody wears just briefs if they eally want to hold stuff in, but doesn't always work lol

9. B_caseyinbc

B_caseyinbc New Member

Like most we we required to wear jocks in junior and senior high, my kids haven't had the same experience. In fact the only time they wear 1 is during hockey.

10. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    all of us jock wearers should start shaving at the mirrors in the health club with bare asses strapped, just to get noticed more and encourage all our fellow gym buddies to strap up!

11. crazy_one53402

Gold Member

Albums:
    hell I wear them just for the hell of them at times

12. art

art
    Gold Member

That's the way in my gym classes! The few times I forgot my jock, I tried to just casually wear my Jockeys under my gym shorts, but the coach always caught me. (I'm sure I don't hang the same in a jock as in briefs) He always had loaners available -- I think he picked them off the floor after gym class -- I suppose he washed them with the towels (they never stank, anyway) -- most of them had last names of guys I knew written on them in Magic Marker -- and it was just a matter of choosing the one that was cleanest.

After class and shower, as I was heading out the door, I'd return the loaner, and he'd say,"Make sure you have your own tomorrow." I'm not sure what the "or else!" part of that statement was.

13. catman

Gold Member

I am of the 'older generation' and the jocks were part of growing up... period.

As for me now- I have never liked the 'stretch' fabric of jocks- when the 'pull up' it pulls my balls and is uncomfortable. At the gym I wear a pair of snug boxerbriefs.... I still get support with out the 'clamping' feeling of a jock...

14. Whopper-lee

Gold Member

Albums:
    :smile:
    yep ...afraid we are old-school...but let's not be too hard on ourselves(sorta speak:biggrin1:)... when they stop making jocks and we can't find them in the stores or shop for them.....THEN We Should Start To Worry:wink::biggrin1::biggrin1:
    So far, I think we're ok...some young folk don't even know they exist:rolleyes:
    My how things change with time.
    My step-pa called a jockey-strap a 'TRUST' remember this name given to them:biggrin1::biggrin1: now that's old-school:wink:

15. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    Some of the new jocks are quite comfortable. I did have spare bike jocks, the old kind with the tight elastic pouch, but some of the ones I have recently purchase have a cotton pouch that meets my needs by holding my balls in place, but doesn't squeeze them tight like the old elastic kind.

I know the younger guys either wear boxers, compression shorts, of go commando on the workout floor. However, I don't like my balls swinging about when I do cardio and don't want to worry that when I am on the weight bench I am showing more then I like and as for the compression short - I just don't like the too tight feel the provide.

So I will stay with my jock strap and be an OLD GUY.

16. roy86

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    im 21 - i prefer to wear boxer briefs. they keep it al in place. used to wear th FTL's, but lately i've been getting the boxer briefs from aeropostale and american eagle. they're comfortable, and have a pouch in the front. though, i haven't had a jock in a good 9 years, maybe more, i think i might invest in a few. any brand i should go for?

17. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

Could that have been TRUSS...:question:

18. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    Someone who has a hernia wears a truss. It is not a jockstrap.

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Never worn a jock, and was never required to wear one in gym class. Briefs were just fine in my class.

Draft saved Draft deleted