Jockstrap question(s)

blondetwink11

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, a while back I bought a Calvin Klein thong, don't ask me why, and it doesn't do a very good job in the front. I was thinking about getting a jockstrap BUT, I am super skinny. Do they make jockstraps with small waists, and larger pouches? Also, if you could recommend any brands etc. that would be awesome!

bendigoboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you aren't wanting it for serious support for sport, get into Macy's and check out a few - you may even be able to try a couple before you buy? (Or you could go across to Marshalls on Nth Michigan and buy a few bargain-priced ones, and have fun trying them on at home!)

JaimeB

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am sure there are others but check out "Bike" jockstraps. Had my first one in grade 9 and have never had a better one. btw, at 25 I am still a 28" waist.
i always liked bike brand jocks, especially the swimmer's jock, which is good for thinner guys in small size. they're getting harder to find around here, tho

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look at the International Jock web site. They sell hundreds of them. My wife gets me very nice jocks from them as she like to see my package in them.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do jocks have anything significantly different about them than regular under, minus the fact that I can be pounded whilst keeping them on.

In general, they provide far better support.

From the time I was in seventh grade, we were required to use them in physical education. I continued to use them through college. Thus, it seems strange to me that many men now are not familiar with them. They used to be available at sporting goods stores and pharmacies.

There are different types of athletic supporters. Some have a pouch made from the same material as the waist band; they are less comfortable. The better ones have a pouch made from a softer and more comfortable material than the waist band.

The ones for swimmers have a narrower waist band so that they won't show. The others have a wider waistband.

There are some designed to accept a plastic cup (at one time they used aluminium cups); they are intended for use in sports in which one might accidentally be kneed in the groin, which can cause significant discomfort.

From posts on this sight, it seems that athletic supporters are less common than they once were and that many people now know little or nothing about them.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
It really makes me sad that jocks aren't that common any more. They were a rite of passage for me and many other guys. (See the homepage of AllKink's Jockstrap Locker Room :: Men in Jockstraps for an eloquent account of what jockstraps mean.)

Tho' I'm a big jockfan, i do think it's true that some of the better sports briefs support your balls just as much: Cin2 makes a sports briefs that's fantastic.
Meanwhile, get a Bike jockstrap. They're still the best, even tho' theyre madein fucking CHINA now, not in America, as they should be.

illinigradman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a lot of jocks and I find the Duke and Champion brands have roomier pouches for many of us guys on this site. Bike makes a great jock but I have found that the newer styles of bike jocks run kind of small and sometimes feel better when you buy a size up. That is personal preference on how tight you like the jock to be on your package.

Archer1534

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Would anyone know where I could find a Champion jockstrap? I've seen a bunch of guys wearing them, but I cannot find them online. Suggestions?
For those curious which one I'm talking about google Champion U483

Westlake999

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In general, they provide far better support.

From the time I was in seventh grade, we were required to use them in physical education. I continued to use them through college. Thus, it seems strange to me that many men now are not familiar with them. They used to be available at sporting goods stores and pharmacies.

There are different types of athletic supporters. Some have a pouch made from the same material as the waist band; they are less comfortable. The better ones have a pouch made from a softer and more comfortable material than the waist band.

The ones for swimmers have a narrower waist band so that they won't show. The others have a wider waistband.

There are some designed to accept a plastic cup (at one time they used aluminium cups); they are intended for use in sports in which one might accidentally be kneed in the groin, which can cause significant discomfort.

From posts on this sight, it seems that athletic supporters are less common than they once were and that many people now know little or nothing about them.

My story isn't much different from this. Most jocks always seemed poorly made, and there were different problems with different ones. Bike was almost always the best. Eventually, I settled on a particular Bike model that I had to downsize to get decent support from without pulling the thing halfway up to my tits - and I'm on the bigger side of average. But, it was comfortable and did the job. I got fixed (vasectomy) in 2003, and the doc had me buy a couple of fresh jocks - and I found them easily at Target or Wal-Mart.

I've taken up riding on tubes behind a boat, and my boys have been taking a beating. I decided to look for a new swim jock and try it. The only retail available non cup jock in town is a swim run jock at Sports Authority, and the online reviews say it is Chinese junk.

The jock does seem to be at a low ebb in the sports world. Of all things, I get great support from JC Penny Stafford bikini stretch briefs. Very comfortable, and my current go to when I am looking for more support. Also great for bike riding, keeps me from riding on my balls.