Jockstrap

tucnu30

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm gonna also say to get a Bike. Just bought my first one a few weeks ago. Definitely a great jock as I have had several really crappy ones before....from Wal-Mart....

bigirishman

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ok so what exactly is the obsession with jock straps. Why exactly do you think that you are required to as you say "secure" your junk. I can only speak for myself but im sure my penis is pretty securly attached. I really think this is an american obsession and that it is more about the illusion of manlyness than any practical reasoning. Ya i get that support is needed sometimes but its not like anyone who commented thus far had such rediculous penises that could not be held in by underwear or even sports underwear. I think personally its the association with masculinity that you all crave.

crazy_one53402

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

bored2009

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok so what exactly is the obsession with jock straps. Why exactly do you think that you are required to as you say "secure" your junk. I can only speak for myself but im sure my penis is pretty securly attached. I really think this is an american obsession and that it is more about the illusion of manlyness than any practical reasoning. Ya i get that support is needed sometimes but its not like anyone who commented thus far had such rediculous penises that could not be held in by underwear or even sports underwear. I think personally its the association with masculinity that you all crave.

First off, I think your hott and have a rocking body. I peeped your pics.

Second. I don't always think its an obsession. Some people Ive talked to find them comfortable. I do not see how as Ive never worn one but its what Ive been informed.

musclebare9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, approximately 75% of the time I don't wear any underwear at all. I don't typically care who sees any kind of bulge, outline or whatever. Several times a week, I go right from work to the gym. I put on some shorts which is now a different situation. Boxers don't really work under shorts and I find most briefs including boxer briefs uncomfortable. The leg holes are usually too tight. I do flop some while doing cardio so I try to not to be totally vulgar. I have settled on jocks after trying many other types of undergear. They are comfortable and cool. Yes they do also provide a sense of masculinity. I don't believe that I suffer in that area - I got the muscles, hair and attitude. Wearing a jock kind of psyches me up, gets me pumped and ready to push myself 110%. Kind of like the common Irish folk wearing their county football shirts during the competition.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've wondered this my self. The only answer I can come up with is; it is a successful design - if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Not a good answer but that is why it hasn't changed a lot in 30+ years.

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When they were invented, the only option for elastic material was natural rubber, and even if you wrap it in cotton, it's still not very breathable, so you'd get swampass if the butt was covered, like wearing a pair of rubber briefs.

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've always thought it was just simple design with the sole focus on supporting the testicles in the most secure way.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When they were invented, the only option for elastic material was natural rubber, and even if you wrap it in cotton, it's still not very breathable, so you'd get swampass if the butt was covered, like wearing a pair of rubber briefs.

Seams the most plausible reason for the design.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
As a jock hound, i've often pondered this. I suspect it may have to do with saving money. You save several square inches of material bynot having a seat. Or maybe the designer was a perv.
Whatever the reason, i love em

chip2

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
jockstraps are so dam erotic, begin getting a semi just puttin one on in the locker room when suitin up

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
Think of it in a structural sense, and your objective. Start with the basics. You want to keep your cock (and more importantly, your balls) from bouncing all over the place when you're being physically active, for the purpose of avoiding the discomfort of having your balls bouncing around.

So, you have your pouch. You've got to anchor it to something. You anchor it to your torso at the top via a circumferential band. OK, that leaves the bottom of the pouch not secured. You could do that with one strap, yielding the thong. But not everyone likes a fabric strap between the cheeks of your butt. So, add one more strap. Now you can angle them off. You've got to anchor them to SOMETHING at the other end. I suppose you could just loop them around, around the top of the leg and back, but it's simpler and just as stable (and uses less material) to connect them to the waistband you already have.

Voila! You have just (re-)invented the jockstrap!

hairyjockwla

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Here are some photos of Navy men from the 1940s in their jockstraps. You can see how the jockstrap design has changed over the years. The straps created a V across the guy's ass cheeks, unlike today where the straps go under guy's cheeks. I'd guess today's design is much more comfortable.

Attachments

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
LOL Don't buy Franklin jocks if you have a penis.
I seriously think this is a result of Wal-Mart's "race to the bottom" to produce the cheapest product possible. They've produced a jockstrap without any room for a man's junk. Just spend the extra 2 cents and make a larger pouch.

Typical of walmart. Produce something cheaply that has absolutely no use at all. I guess women could wear them. :tongue:
BTW, you can buy Duke jocks directly from the manufacturer.

Last edited: