Jockstrap

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Here are some photos of Navy men from the 1940s in their jockstraps. You can see how the jockstrap design has changed over the years. The straps created a V across the guy's ass cheeks, unlike today where the straps go under guy's cheeks. I'd guess today's design is much more comfortable.

I love these pics. I saw them for the first time about a year ago. How awesome is it that all those guys not only had to wear jocks, but probably considered it the norm ( as it should be) and were proud to be military dudes in a jock.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Ok so what exactly is the obsession with jock straps. Why exactly do you think that you are required to as you say "secure" your junk. I can only speak for myself but im sure my penis is pretty securly attached. I really think this is an american obsession and that it is more about the illusion of manlyness than any practical reasoning. Ya i get that support is needed sometimes but its not like anyone who commented thus far had such rediculous penises that could not be held in by underwear or even sports underwear. I think personally its the association with masculinity that you all crave.

Obviously, it's not about your penis; it's about your BALLS. If you have low hangers, you want them pouched so they don't swing during athletics. Jocks were designed to keep them contained.
That said, there is definitely an association with manliness: they're for locker rooms, full of male athletes, the emphasize the very things that make you a man--your balls and cock-- and they're unique to men.
Nice Irish cock, by the way!

smartsimple

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wear mine out of necessity. I had a vasectomy a few months back and needed them for support as they kind hurt just hanging low for a bit after plus I had some complications. Now 3 months later I still wear them if i'm going to be on my feet all day as they keep things right where I need them. Before my vasectomy I never wore under ware at all and wearing a jock still lets me feel like Im not wearing any. Took a while to find a good brand and a comfortable fit though

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
I have worn a jock since my dad bought my first one for basketball in 5th grade. Junior high phys ed we had uniform shorts that had the jock built-in. Regular or swimmer style jocks are not sexual to me. To me it was a step toward manhood. The only time I have worn a jock that was uncomfortable is when i bought the wrong size. The designer jocks that are meant to be shown could be considered gay. I wear a jock because it feels better when I exercise. Compression shorts don't support me. There is way too much floppage. I have some sport briefs, one from UA. Jocks work for and that is why I wear one.

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
BIKE and DUKE brands seem to be the only ones with large enough pouches to be comfortable to me. I wear a jock to give support/containment to my testicles
361942-stretchedjock2-jpg.jpg

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My jocks have been a round for a while. They have lost their "snugness". Just bought some new ones.

Today when I went into the gym I had on a new Duke Pro... the fit was perfect ... snug but gave in the right places. I got into the slight bouncing feeling it gave while I was running.