Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This last season I got totally razed for wearing a jockstrap by my younger teammates. I'm 50 and they are all in their 20s and lower 30s. They all wear compression shorts instead of jocks. Most have never worn a jock before. You younger guys out there, have/do you wear a jock and it's just my mates that are oblivious to them or are jocks a thing of the past?

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This last season I got totally razed for wearing a jockstrap by my younger teammates. I'm 50 and they are all in their 20s and lower 30s. They all wear compression shorts instead of jocks. Most have never worn a jock before. You younger guys out there, have/do you wear a jock and it's just my mates that are oblivious to them or are jocks a thing of the past?

Hey Man!
'JOCKS' are alive and well in Chicagoland! I play racket ball three times a week and I see lotsa younger dudes 'rockin' STRAPS! Also, one of our LPSG Members (WILDCAT) is a young college wrestler and he and most of his team mates are big time 'STRAP FANS'! So, tell your team mates YOU are in style with all the REAL athletes AND your buddies should follow your good example by 'strappin up'!
RICKY

BillnotWill

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey Man!
'JOCKS' are alive and well in Chicagoland! I play racket ball three times a week and I see lotsa younger dudes 'rockin' STRAPS! Also, one of our LPSG Members (WILDCAT) is a young college wrestler and he and most of his team mates are big time 'STRAP FANS'! So, tell your team mates YOU are in style with all the REAL athletes AND your buddies should follow your good example by 'strappin up'!
RICKY

I tried to argue with them that "real" athletes strap up, just look at the strap lines on the pro players. They wouldn't hear it. We'll see how it goes next season, if anyone changes their foundation.

Hey Man!
RICKY
Really? From... experience :D I thought these days jocks were mostly used by gay bottom guys to please their hung top

Nectarines

Superior Member
Media
Big fan of them myself. To be fair, admittedly love the "modern" take on the style. PUMP! And Cin2 jocks preferred. The potato sack-like looking fabric never appealed to me personally.

The best sleepwear ive ever had! The way the straps come together and sit just under the balls leaves all the right room in the right places. Cant sleep naked anymore...the flop and stickage keeps me up. Jocks allow for alot of toss and turn without wedgies or that aweful sandwhiching of balls to leg.

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wear one at the gym, but i guess I’m now in the older group ... I’m 52 now.

Some of the younger guys don’t even know what it is.

I’ve befriended a couple of the over 18/21s.

I take them aside like Obi-Wan does to Luke, near the beginning of Star Wars Ep IV, and explain.

“A jockstrap is an energy field

... it surrounds us, penetrates us ...

...binds the genitalia together.”

:cool:

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Ohiojohn

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I started wearing a jock when I was in high school. I ran track and a jock just was more comfortable. Most of the other guys wore compression shorts though. There was a good number of us guys in sports that wore a jock though. I’m in my 20s and I changed into a jock once not to long ago when I was gonna play some basketball with some guys I know, they looked at me like I was the odd one. Am I bad to like good proper support under my shorts! I don’t like a ton of fabric under my shorts if I’m going to be sweating

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I started wearing a jock when I was in high school. I ran track and a jock just was more comfortable. Most of the other guys wore compression shorts though. There was a good number of us guys in sports that wore a jock though. I’m in my 20s and I changed into a jock once not to long ago when I was gonna play some basketball with some guys I know, they looked at me like I was the odd one. Am I bad to like good proper support under my shorts! I don’t like a ton of fabric under my shorts if I’m going to be sweating
The short answer to your question " am I bad to like good support under my shorts" is NO. Continue to wear your jock with pride and ignore the looks that say you are an odd one for wearing a jock. My feeling is that you are cooler, more comfortable and dryer than they are in their compression shorts or underwear they were wearing.