Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

drambone2001

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are any of you old enough to have lived through mandatory jockstraps for PE class? We all HAD to wear them - not that I am complaining :)
Yes - mandatory in gym class. Our teacher made us show him our jocks with his "straps out" command at the beginning of each gym class.

Reactions: sean2592

drambone2001

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am old enough to remember mandatory jock and also nude gang showers for PE class and sports. The last time I had a gym membership I still wore a jock and showered nude in a gang shower, not a problem or complaint that was the way things were done at that time. For me the gym still equals a jock under workout gear and a nude shower after you are done.
We always showered nude after gym class. The shower and jockstrap were both mandatory.

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes - mandatory in gym class. Our teacher made us show him our jocks with his "straps out" command at the beginning of each gym class.

I think that would have been so cool to have been a part of, instead of getting odd looks because you wear one.
Would have loved to have seen those cocky guys who are to scared to strip and put on a jock, have to prove they wore one.

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
For me high school gym class was late 1980s- so I enjoyed rocking my bikini or low rise briefs

You might be surprised to see how many college guys now wear skimpy brief type underwear, not just for sports but as underwear too. Of course i would assume its higher among wrestlers who don't wear a jock as much as they used to, but i know of soccer guys and some runner who do as well.

My Uncle said they were in style and cool to be seen in the locker room in his high school days too. early 90's

drambone2001

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You might be surprised to see how many college guys now wear skimpy brief type underwear, not just for sports but as underwear too. Of course i would assume its higher among wrestlers who don't wear a jock as much as they used to, but i know of soccer guys and some runner who do as well.

My Uncle said they were in style and cool to be seen in the locker room in his high school days too. early 90's
Yeah, kewl. Euro guys wear lots of thong underwear made of skimpy material. This I know.

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
27 here and will be wearing a jock when I go and lift today. Have had a fascination with jockstraps since I was young. Now I'm just going to decide if I'm going to change at home or at the gym so guys might see me in it. ;)
Hey Jake! Change at the GYM!! Let all the dudes see your BIIIIIG DICK and HAIRY CUM BAG!!!! UMMMMMM
RICKY

Officer5633

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I wrestled briefly in Junior High School. Coach, who also was former Military, told us to go get a jockstrap. I did and still have it to this day. I love wearing it around the house. Brings back memories.

I don't see the trepidation in wearing them. Jockstraps serve a purpose. Compression shorts do also, but I love the feel and support of a jockstrap. Even just as underwear or around the house.

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wrestled briefly in Junior High School. Coach, who also was former Military, told us to go get a jockstrap. I did and still have it to this day. I love wearing it around the house. Brings back memories.

I don't see the trepidation in wearing them. Jockstraps serve a purpose. Compression shorts do also, but I love the feel and support of a jockstrap. Even just as underwear or around the house.

You know, you are correct in saying a jockstrap serves a purpose and so do compression shorts. They do, but its different purposes. I think guys miss that point today. A jockstrap is support, support than cannot be attained by any garment that has legs attached to it because any movement of your legs mobilizes the support aspect and part of that aspect is to hold and isolate form volatile movement.
Compression shorts are to enhance blood flow and warmth of desired muscle groups, quads, hams, etc, they do nothing in terms of support. Guys say they support because they keep you from flopping as freely as boxers or stretched out boxer briefs, that is not support, that is just minimizing the motion.

I total agree with you though in loving the feel of a jockstrap.

Officer5633

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You know, you are correct in saying a jockstrap serves a purpose and so do compression shorts. They do, but its different purposes. I think guys miss that point today. A jockstrap is support, support than cannot be attained by any garment that has legs attached to it because any movement of your legs mobilizes the support aspect and part of that aspect is to hold and isolate form volatile movement.
Compression shorts are to enhance blood flow and warmth of desired muscle groups, quads, hams, etc, they do nothing in terms of support. Guys say they support because they keep you from flopping as freely as boxers or stretched out boxer briefs, that is not support, that is just minimizing the motion.

I total agree with you though in loving the feel of a jockstrap.

This is a wonderful and perfect explanation of the technical aspect of a jockstrap. All of it makes sense and rings true. It is designed for one thing: to support your cock and balls and minimize injury to that area. It has a waistband and two ass straps. Lol.

Compression shorts are great too but I love a jock. I love the feeling of wearing it for a workout (I do sometimes), or as underwear (I really should more quite honestly), or just around the house under workout shorts. I love the feeling of having your ass exposed and the straps around your cheeks and waist. Very intimate, even when used to wrestle or work out. Almost like it’s having a strong hand caress your balls all the time. Haha