Jockstraps in rugby

slipmoisi

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi guys !

I found 2 videos from old times chen rugby players still wore jockstraps as underwear under their shorts.
It's too bad it doesn't still happen.

Here, after a tackle the 2 players go to the ground and reveal their legstraps

Here, the tackler lowers the other player's shorts to reveal his white jockstrap
hqdefault.jpg

Here's a third one :

some photos
Danie+Rossouw+South+Africa+IRB+RWC+2011+Training+AdTv3mTxoZyl.jpg

2293392495_05e1d65766_z.jpg

3e5e9ff43ceb77b0660c250b7e65bb52.jpg

MM3.jpg

welsh_butt.jpg

How about you guys ? Do you wear jockstraps and/or cups while playing rugby ?

OKCLane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Played Rugby on the team here in the States at university until my wrestling coach found out. He wasn’t keen on the risk of me getting injured. Great fun though. Yes, we all wore jocks. You let something dangle in a scrum and it’s gonna get pulled. Lol

jockbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As I've said before, jockstraps should be required BY LAW for all sports. Well, maybe not golf, but that's not a real sport.
I've worn a jock while playing golf. Cool and comfortable

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have played with the club rugby team a few times, just in fun scrimmages enough to know just enough to be dangerous I guess. as with anything I do I wore a jockstrap. To me it would seem a cup would be an obvious choice, but from time to time when guys would see me in my jock getting dressed for Rugby they would remind me that a cup is not allowed in Rugby...……..is this true.
I know padding in general isn't allowed, but is a cup actually banned?
In all levels or which ones?

Paulo99

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have played with the club rugby team a few times, just in fun scrimmages enough to know just enough to be dangerous I guess. as with anything I do I wore a jockstrap. To me it would seem a cup would be an obvious choice, but from time to time when guys would see me in my jock getting dressed for Rugby they would remind me that a cup is not allowed in Rugby...……..is this true.
I know padding in general isn't allowed, but is a cup actually banned?
In all levels or which ones?

type it into Google - the laws seem a little unclear as to whether a cup is allowed. It may count as 'rigid material' that isn't permitted.

JockMcStrop

Expert Member
Media
In amateur rugby no one will prevent you from wearing one but it's very rare.
I would have thought that wearing a cup for rugby or football would be most uncomfortable, outweighing the risk of injury.
In many years in the second row, I never had a cock or ball injury, and I know of only one guy who did, but he was kneed deliberately in the crutch.
Probably more important to keep your stuff immobilised, they are more likely to get injured if they can flop about and fall out of your shorts.

Paulo99

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In many years in the second row, I never had a cock or ball injury, and I know of only one guy who did, but he was kneed deliberately in the crutch.
Probably more important to keep your stuff immobilised, they are more likely to get injured if they can flop about and fall out of your shorts.

I think you are right - I never knew of anyone injured like that (different in cricket of course where a jockstrap and cup were vital). Yes, jockstraps are pretty much gone now in sport; lycra shorts have taken over. It's a shame - I always thought a guy wearing a jockstrap in the locker room after a game of rugby was a hot look.