Joe Biden

D

deleted15807

I think I even know why. All donations to BLM were transferred to him through actblue. White dude mr Biden received money which good and naive people donated to help black communities.

That’s illegal. Any proof?

g_diesel

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It’s legal.
So I wanted to donate, clicked the link on blm website and it took me to actblue for processing (check URL). So basically all money you donate to blm are going to actblue. Since it’s a fund - in open sources (like opensecrets.org) you can find where they spend money and that list consists of democratic candidates, they donated to their presidential campaigns. Since it’s only Biden now - he’s getting everything.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

The "proof" comes from nutjobs like fkn Candace Owens, right winged conspiracy theory sites like The Conservative Treehouse, The National Pulse, SGT Report, Freedom Wire, We The People Convention, and similar right wing propaganda trolls and outlets.

PolitiFact | Conservative pundits share false claim about Black Lives Matter, ActBlue

OUR RULING:

meter-false.jpg

A popular claim on social media asserts that donations to Black Lives Matter go directly to ActBlue, which uses them to fund Democratic campaigns.

It’s wrong. ActBlue is a nonprofit technology organization that provides a platform for people to contribute to Democratic campaigns and causes. Black Lives Matter and Democratic presidential candidates use the platform to fundraise.

ActBlue does not pocket donations that are facilitated by its platform — it routes donations to organizations in a similar way to the Republican fundraising platform WinRed.

The Facebook post is inaccurate. We rate it False.

Fact Check: Black Lives Matter 'Defund The Police' Donations Do NOT Go to 'Act Blue', The 'Biden For President' Campaign's Top Source of Donations | Lead Stories
https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...ves-matter-go-to-lsquodemocrat-super-pacrsquo
Fact-check: Do donations to Black Lives Matter go to a ‘Democrat Super PAC’? - News - Austin American-Statesman - Austin, TX

D

deleted15807

It’s legal.
So I wanted to donate, clicked the link on blm website and it took me to actblue for processing (check URL). So basically all money you donate to blm are going to actblue. Since it’s a fund - in open sources (like opensecrets.org) you can find where they spend money and that list consists of democratic candidates, they donated to their presidential campaigns. Since it’s only Biden now - he’s getting everything.

Not legal.

"If a nickel of that went to politics, they would lose their tax exemption," said Michael Malbin, director of the nonpartisan Campaign Finance Institute.

VERIFY: Do Black Lives Matter donations go to democratic campaigns?

Reactions: keenobserver

g_diesel

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not legal.

"If a nickel of that went to politics, they would lose their tax exemption," said Michael Malbin, director of the nonpartisan Campaign Finance Institute.

VERIFY: Do Black Lives Matter donations go to democratic campaigns?

You're capable of going to opensecrets and check their expenses, does it look like money are not going to finance democratic campaigns? The organization calls itself "a nonprofit tech organization that builds digital fundraising tools for Democratic candidates and committees, progressive organizations, and other nonprofits.".
Basically what's happening: someone opens blm site, decides to donate, clicks the button and pays. Nobody reads for example a line: "Donate to fuel our campaigns for justice". No lies here, no breaking the law - just a manipulation. I tried to find the reports - how much money were donated only to blm, how much money and how were spent to help black communities - couldn't find, articles say that actblue and blm ignore requests to provide this data.

Regarding a post of b.c. above - it's a clear manipulation, he is using visual tools (images, large fonts) to affect reader's judgements. At the same time he's taking you away from the fact that you can do your research yourself, saying that it's all conservatives, it was debunked etc. I never said I got it from someone else, since I have a degree in Information Security I'm very sensitive to scam attempts, I notices they changed a domain and decided to make sure it wasn't a setup, and I came to a conclusion that it's a scam.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It’s legal.
No you didn't.

D

deleted15807

You're capable of going to opensecrets and check their expenses, does it look like money are not going to finance democratic campaigns? The organization calls itself "a nonprofit tech organization that builds digital fundraising tools for Democratic candidates and committees, progressive organizations, and other nonprofits.".
Basically what's happening: someone opens blm site, decides to donate, clicks the button and pays. Nobody reads for example a line: "Donate to fuel our campaigns for justice". No lies here, no breaking the law - just a manipulation. I tried to find the reports - how much money were donated only to blm, how much money and how were spent to help black communities - couldn't find, articles say that actblue and blm ignore requests to provide this data.

Regarding a post of b.c. above - it's a clear manipulation, he is using visual tools (images, large fonts) to affect reader's judgements. At the same time he's taking you away from the fact that you can do your research yourself, saying that it's all conservatives, it was debunked etc. I never said I got it from someone else, since I have a degree in Information Security I'm very sensitive to scam attempts, I notices they changed a domain and decided to make sure it wasn't a setup, and I came to a conclusion that it's a scam.

You described an illegal and absurd on the face of it activity. I asked for evidence and you pointed me to a website of unknown credibility which presumably contains evidence of illegal activities which opens up another series of credibility questions. And further I should dig around the website to prove your allegation. That’s not how it works.

Reactions: keenobserver

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 12.33.54 PM.png

CRP In the News | OpenSecrets

g_diesel

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You described an illegal and absurd on the face of it activity. I asked for evidence and you pointed me to a website of unknown credibility which presumably contains evidence of illegal activities which opens up another series of credibility questions. And further I should dig around the website to prove your allegation. That’s not how it works.
Not illegal, not absurd, they don't claim they will direct money to help black communities, only "to fuel our campaigns for justice" whatever that means. If I see official reports how much money spent on education, infrastructure, etc in certain neighborhoods - I will admin I was wrong.

Honestly I don't really care what you think, I shared my findings and conclusions, what you do with that is your personal business.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not illegal, not absurd, they don't claim they will direct money to help black communities, only "to fuel our campaigns for justice" whatever that means. If I see official reports how much money spent on education, infrastructure, etc in certain neighborhoods - I will admin I was wrong.

Honestly I don't really care what you think, I shared my findings and conclusions, what you do with that is your personal business.
Stop listening to Candace Owens.

D

deleted15807

Yeah I hear a lot of bullshit every day and there's plenty of evidence your story is just that.

Moving on.....

Will Trump actually attend is the question? At first he declined however now with his numbers in the tank he has little choice.

Biden campaign confirms he will attend three debates with Trump, criticizes president for flipping on his debate stance | Boston.com

Last edited by a moderator:

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Things are going too well for Biden right now. I can't believe it. No way can this last or can he build on it. I think this he is going to lose. Trump is going to climb in the polls and win this thing. Someone take note of this post. You can either laugh at it when I'm wrong or we can try together when I'm right.

Trump is going to win the 2020 election.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Things are going too well for Biden right now. I can't believe it. No way can this last or can he build on it. I think this he is going to lose. Trump is going to climb in the polls and win this thing. Someone take note of this post. You can either laugh at it when I'm wrong or we can try together when I'm right.

Trump is going to win the 2020 election.
On what are you basing this bit of punditry?