Joe Biden

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a THREAD about Joe Biden? My first question was about Joe Biden and what I received in return was the ever so typical TRUMP BASHING. Why don't the UN-BIASED THREAD MONITORS remove your remarks for being OFF TOPIC? Could it be that they're a tad disingenuous?

Oh perish the thought. Pardon me I'm sure.

I expect Biden & Congress to enact the 2020 Democratic Platform.

Party Platform - Democrats

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My simple QUESTION from my first post in this Joe Biden THREAD was just to find out what do these individuals expect and anticipate from a Joe Biden Presidency? My answer from gr8gatsby was TRUMP BASHING.

Not being a Democratic supporter it was a basic question which never seems to get a basic answer sans the HATRED.
Pardon me I'm sure.
You're pardoned, I'm sure.

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My simple QUESTION from my first post in this Joe Biden THREAD was just to find out what do these individuals expect and anticipate from a Joe Biden Presidency? My answer from gr8gatsby was TRUMP BASHING.

Not being a Democratic supporter it was a basic question which never seems to get a basic answer sans the HATRED.
Pardon me I'm sure.

I have never been politically aligned to any single party...until recently. Here is what I expect from a Biden presidency that we did not receive from the previous administration that shall remain unnamed in order to preclude any perceived bashing:

1) A President whom regardless of politics has a history of following the rule of law
2) A President for the most part whom has a history of working bi-partisan relations and legislation
3) A President who has very little if any corporate interests
4) A President who was not blessed to be born with a silver spoon in his mouth and can actually relate to the needs of the people
5) A President who will not condone fascist or racist bullshit and attempt to sugar coat it
6) A President that actually has a fundamental understanding of how the government actually functions interacts and why you can't just get rid of the parts that fill your coffers or those of your friends
7) A President that will not spend all of his time on social media trying to steer the country based on a rumor mill and his adoring masses
8) A President that understands that in order to be a player in the world and even make an effort at being "great", it requires a clear strategy designed and advised by people that understand the finer points required to get there and not a gaggle of "yes men"
9) A President that appreciates the value of alliances, treaties, agreements and other instruments of diplomacy that preclude you from having to stay involved in endless wars
10) A President that knows how to balance the coffers between social needs with national security and not just throw money into programs that support neither but make corporations improve their portfolios

These are not all but they are the best ten I can rattle off the top of my head with out bashing anyone so to speak, because I have seen none of these in the last four years.

D

deleted15807

First it was Al-Qaeda now the enemy within.

FBI screens U.S. troops for possible insider threats ahead of inauguration

U.S. defense officials say the federal government is conducting insider-threat screening on the 25,000 National Guard troops who have begun flowing into the nation’s capital to secure the inauguration, as concerns intensify about extremism in the ranks.

The extra precaution comes after a number of pro-Trump rioters involved in storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 turned out to have military ties, raising questions about extremist sentiment within the armed forces. Dozens of people on a terrorist watch list were in Washington as the deadly riot unfolded.

6inchcock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
First it was Al-Qaeda now the enemy within.

FBI screens U.S. troops for possible insider threats ahead of inauguration

U.S. defense officials say the federal government is conducting insider-threat screening on the 25,000 National Guard troops who have begun flowing into the nation’s capital to secure the inauguration, as concerns intensify about extremism in the ranks.

The extra precaution comes after a number of pro-Trump rioters involved in storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 turned out to have military ties, raising questions about extremist sentiment within the armed forces. Dozens of people on a terrorist watch list were in Washington as the deadly riot unfolded.

If there was a legitimately established unbiased or secular civilian appointed chain of command within DoD the vetting would have probably started as part of the transition process post the elections.

But then again when even the appointed figureheads such as Esper try to follow rules, laws and process's they were were relieved by malleable ass kissers such as the current "ACTING" Secretary of Defense Shitstain Miller.

There needs to be a commission appointed to conduct a one to nth investigation into the take over of the capital.

We pissed away billions and the better part of two years during the Benghazi Witch Hunt, we can do a deep dive on this shit show.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Joe Biden is not the great orator that some presidents have been. Biden is what America needs right now. We all need a grandfather who loves his family and can get the boat settled so we aren't all sea sick.

Biden is in the middle. Both the far right and the far left are so far from the middle that it makes Biden appear to be more conservative than Biden really is to the far left and too more liberal than he really is to the far right.

Someone positioned where Biden is may be the exact point on the political line from left to right to be able to govern. I have hopes that Biden will propose and get consensus of the American people to support him.

At age 78, one would expect Biden to spend his time golfing, not taking on the duties of the most powerful person in the Western World.

Biden will no doubt be the last president that was born before WWII or during WWII. Vice president Harris is in the age group of Biden's sons.

Harris may be the last baby boomer president if she follows Biden as president. The youngest baby boomers are 55 this year.

Biden missed being a baby boomer by only two years. If er cheat a bit an count Biden as a baby boomer, there has been a baby boomer as president from 1992 until at least 2024 and perhaps 2028 or 2032. What a run! May be 40 years! At least four presidents.

The WWII generation held the US presidency from 1960 to 1992; 32 years! That generation is just about gone. Jimmy Carter to be the only WWII generation president still living.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You seem to be congratulating yourselves on Biden's victory, on the American people voting for sanity and stability over the madness of Trump. America didn't really do that, or at least not convincingly.

America voted for a dying man over a deranged mango, to reuse one of Frankie Boyle's bon mots. :)

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You seem to be congratulating yourselves on Biden's victory, on the American people voting for sanity and stability over the madness of Trump. America didn't really do that, or at least not convincingly.

America voted for a dying man over a deranged mango, to reuse one of Frankie Boyle's bon mots. :)

Biden won by a large, 7 million popular vote margin. Yes, it’s disturbing Trump wasn’t even more decisively rejected, but he *was* rejected.

That’s a start.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media

You have pointed out the obvious. Every baby born is dying at some time most likely within 100 years.

This includes President Biden!

If President Biden has a disease that will be most likely fatal within four years, The American media most likely have discovered this by now!

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

Dying man? And Trump was a beacon of health?

at least we chose.

bellybama

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know this is about Joe, but Dr. Jill looked rather elegant in that sparkly blue jacket. It made my inner magpie jealous.

And does every politician wear those little USA flag pins on their jackets? They're everywhere. I'd hate to put holes in my suits.

Reactions: Freddie53

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

If you think this was witty or insightful, you are a smug, horrible person. Never want to meet.