"Joe the Plumber"?

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
Wtf is with this?
Can anyone please explain it to me?
Why is this guy now have a publicist, and trying to get a country record deal?

Has the world just lost its mind?

:confused:

Why is this person even on my television?

HElP!

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
a record deal? are you serious?

damn. He's been on tv, get over it.

I've been on tv and I didn't try to get a record deal
(yep, bragging a bit :p )

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Desperation. The RNC knows they are down in the polls and have run out of options. They will take all the help they can get right now. What does it say that a large focus of their campaign has come down to this guy?

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
a record deal? are you serious?

damn. He's been on tv, get over it.

I've been on tv and I didn't try to get a record deal
(yep, bragging a bit :p )

Dude....

I was watching tv today...

"I am mary the realtor", I am Tony the handy man, I am bill the builder"

Sounds like a fucking kids tv show.

THis country is such a god damn joke.

Too many knee jerk reactions from dumb ass people that want someone to be president or vice president that is "Just like ME"

I dont know about you, but I don't want my president to be ANYTHING like me.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wtf is with this?

HElP!

I read about that and I actually felt sick to my stomach...
Only here would a lying tax cheat gain fame & fortune for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...

it's just disgusting...

bond_to

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wtf is with this?

The world hasn't lost its mind, just populist Republican America and John McCain. Tho Palin never had one to lose.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wtf is with this?

HElP!

So media phenomenons are a new concept to you? Apparently so which leads to my next question = did you just start paying attention to the media last week or so? :biggrin1:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What does this say about John McCain and his disdain for the intelligence of the American people, when some bozo, Joe The Plumber, becomes a spokesperson for his campaign.

The reason for this is obvious. McCain knows that there is a big percentage of the population who are suspicous of anyone who actually knows anything or can form a coherent thought. This is why this idiot, Joe The Plumber, can say the empty platitudes he says and actually command 5 minutes of major network airtime.

Well this time, McCain has driven the process so far into the shameful zone, that even Fox announcers are frightened by the sheer inanity of the situtation.

I give you Joe The Plumber.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
So media phenomenons are a new concept to you? Apparently so which leads to my next question = did you just start paying attention to the media last week or so? :biggrin1:

Jeez, I guess they are *media phenomenons* since I worked in the Media industry.. actually a media news industry for years... For the largest news network in the world..

Yes.. I must all be news to me.

1Bigg1 you are obviously a smart man...
Are you taken in by Joe the plumber?
I find it to be a offensive tactic used by McCain to rope in the lowest common denominator of the country.
Just like Sara Douche Bag Palin and her "winks" and "joe six pack" remarks.

I find it disgusting.

We should be better than this.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This guy is a joke.

Joe is actually Sam
He is not a licenced plumber
He had no real plans of buying his boss' business.
And even if he did, the business makes about 100.000, not the 250.000 he alleged. So he would still get a nice tax break from Obama.

If you want even more laughs, watch some interviews of this tool, he is a total right-wing nutjob. It would not surprise me one bit if he is revealed to be a paid plant for the McCain campaign.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Jeez, I guess they are *media phenomenons* since I worked in the Media industry.. actually a media news industry for years... For the largest news network in the world..

Yes.. I must all be news to me.

1Bigg1 you are obviously a smart man...
Are you taken in by Joe the plumber?
I find it to be a offensive tactic used by McCain to rope in the lowest common denominator of the country.
Just like Sara Douche Bag Palin and her "winks" and "joe six pack" remarks.

I find it disgusting.

We should be better than this.

No, I’m not thrilled with the Joe thingy either but U.S. presidential politicians have well-experienced strategists and tacticians that must think there is some merit to the idea. The best I can figure is Joe is “common folk” and the campaign is exploiting him for that angle.

P.S. I’m not a huge fan of Vice President Palin either but still wouldn’t consider supporting the opposing camp.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Choice A.

This guy is a joke.

Joe is is a total right-wing nutjob. It would not surprise me one bit if he is revealed to be a paid plant for the McCain campaign.

Choice B.

No, I’m not thrilled with the Joe thingy either... The best I can figure is Joe is “common folk” and the campaign is exploiting him for that angle.

I'll go with the total right wing nutjob and add hypocrite to those adjectives.:cool:

http://www.lpsg.org/1802510-post12.html

Ironically, Joe The Unlicensed Plumber, used to be on welfare - twice. Apparently, as a young child, his family needed the assistance of government (gasp!!), via taxpayer money, to help them get their heads above water. Don't get me wrong, there is no shame in that. However, what IS shameful is how this Republican, like so many others, demonizes what he thinks (mistakenly) is the same kind of system that he himself took advantage of during a difficult time in his family's life.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What does this say about John McCain and his disdain for the intelligence of the American people, when some bozo, Joe The Plumber, becomes a spokesperson for his campaign.

The reason for this is obvious. McCain knows that there is a big percentage of the population who are suspicous of anyone who actually knows anything or can form a coherent thought. This is why this idiot, Joe The Plumber, can say the empty platitudes he says and actually command 5 minutes of major network airtime.

Well this time, McCain has driven the process so far into the shameful zone, that even Fox announcers are frightened by the sheer inanity of the situtation.

I give you Joe The Plumber.

i remember when joe said that, and it pissed me off so bad. i'm sorry, but he has no fuckin idea what's goin on, and i'm glad someone called him out on it. i'm just surprised it was fox news :eek: i love listening to how ignorantly joe answered the questions, especially when shep asked "do you know obama's position on israel?" and his answer is classic :biggrin1: