Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like running and so far I havent experienced any problems with my manhood ;)
Just do it in a sensible way, don't go for 100% every time, but make sure that you have some nice slow ones in there as well, and listen to your body.

FastNHard

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Male or female the higher one's body fat the more estrogen the body creates. Given that 70% of our adult population is overweight and 40% are obese it's no surprise we are experiencing a large increase in estrogen-driven cancers in women and men, including breast cancer in men. Need I mention the epidemic of heart disease and diabetes? I'd worry about this, not about jogging "feminizing" me.

Walk, hike, jog, run, pedal, swim, skate, climb, cross train, pound the weights--I don't care how you do it just get that shit off your body and keep it off.

Muscles don't make the man. Good health does. :)
Exactly, fat is estrogen, estrogen is fat. The more fat you have the more fat that wants to be stored which leads to most cancers. The plastic bottles people drink out of is an estrogen, xenoestrogen if I remember right.

I like running and so far I havent experienced any problems with my manhood ;)
Just do it in a sensible way, don't go for 100% every time, but make sure that you have some nice slow ones in there as well, and listen to your body.
I'm always amazed when people who post these threads never state their age.

For 1, if you start jogging at 20, is totally different to if you start jogging at 50. How can you expect to be given advice if you give no particulars of your present health or age in your question?

I do not think people realize that in this day and age, anyone who gives advice willy nilly to some dick who asks for it on a website, the adviser, even though they give it with good intentions opens themselves up for liable.

You wish to ask a question on your health, ask someone who is licensed and qualified to give it to you, and is insured to do so...or state openly when asking your question you have no intention of persuing legal action against someone..anyone who is a member from this site....!!!!!!!

For a start, road jogging is a danger because of road camber. path jogging is best. Use cushioned shoes with ankle support. Ankles are one of the weakest human points. Be aware of your limits. Gradually increase them, never go flat out until you can breathe freely to regain your "fit"state.

You want advice....you can google............but in the end, you need to learn limits, and increase them slowly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: halcyondays

MiddleCountryMo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm always amazed when people who post these threads never state their age.

For 1, if you start jogging at 20, is totally different to if you start jogging at 50. How can you expect to be given advice if you give no particulars of your present health or age in your question?

I do not think people realize that in this day and age, anyone who gives advice willy nilly to some dick who asks for it on a website, the adviser, even though they give it with good intentions opens themselves up for liable.

You wish to ask a question on your health, ask someone who is licensed and qualified to give it to you, and is insured to do so...or state openly when asking your question you have no intention of persuing legal action against someone..anyone who is a member from this site....!!!!!!!

For a start, road jogging is a danger because of road camber. path jogging is best. Use cushioned shoes with ankle support. Ankles are one of the weakest human points. Be aware of your limits. Gradually increase them, never go flat out until you can breathe freely to regain your "fit"state.

You want advice....you can google............but in the end, you need to learn limits, and increase them slowly.

what are you talking about, willis?

Reactions: 185248

Jogging is an impact sport. it impacts upon your spinal column. Jumping down from any height impacts on your spine. The more weight, the more impact.

Once you loose support of your spine you loose freedom of movement of the rest of your body. Be aware of your own limitations.

These so called "reality" shows do not show the ummmm...reality. They are much like the much edited versions of renovation shows, they never ever show the true story of how much work is involved to reach the end product.

Reactions: halcyondays

MiddleCountryMo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jogging is an impact sport. it impacts upon your spinal column. Jumping down from any height impacts on your spine. The more weight, the more impact.

Once you loose support of your spine you loose freedom of movement of the rest of your body. Be aware of your own limitations.
no one is going to take legal action for advice giving a message board. is that a thing? that can't be a thing.

Reactions: 185248

no one is going to take legal action for advice giving a message board. is that a thing? that can't be a thing.

It's the internet. I have seen the "Law" sue people, honest people for much less. I am sure you have also. If some idiot these days ignores a sign "Do Not Dive Here" and they do, they break their neck. You can be sure there is some Lawyer looking for a loophole, like an accountant searching for a loophole, to make money.

Even if they do not, can you afford the solicitor or lawyer bill to defend you?

I suggest you speak to your insurance company for clarification. If you get a 100% guarantee from them it's not possible, get it in writing. Bet you can't.

Any site which advertises help on relationships or medical advice opens themselves up these days ...sadly...to litigation. The world is fucked up. It's probably not an area which Lawyers have thought about...............but, I don't think it's far away.

Are you able to sue Satnav if they direct you off a cliff on a dark and stormy night? I am sure you can if you can prove it. Or survive :)

If lawyers so much have a scent of a $...look out.

Last edited by a moderator:

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Indeed. I ran a ton training for sports in youth and high school but had traded it in almost entirely for swimming and cycling by the time I finished university. I was tired of sore knees and ankle sprains, but if OP is only willing to jog and enjoys it it's better than doing nothing.

Reactions: sangheili90

Worbla

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow, just wow.. jogging is a perfectly fine way to exercise. As long as you're not super over weight and not running like a rhino, thundering down on each step, the risk of damage is minimal. Like anything, starting small and working up is key. Getting good running shoes, that actually fit the curvature of the foot. Learning proper running technique. Not being a retard and overdoing it.

Seems the original article has a stick up its ass about people who jog and bases it on pretty much nothing factual :D Instead, it appears to claim, massive muscle is the way forward.
Well... In my town, we have the mutants. They're steroid packed guys who are BIG, but couldn't run to save their lives. Would probably give them a heart attack.
The same goes for soldiers. Just being big won't help shit when you're carrying a heavy rucksack up and down hills. That takes endurance and stamina training.

I cannot begin to seriously deconstruct the original article, but I hope nobody actually takes it at face value. It's hilariously wrong on so many levels :)

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wouldn't ever jog for hours like some people do :eek:
Sprinting/walking HIIT works very well, builds muscle and shreds fat, and is much easier on your joints and body.

Look at marathon runners. Do you want to look like that? o_O

Reactions: FastNHard

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Sprinting/walking HIIT works very well, builds muscle and shreds fat, and is much easier on your joints and body.

You just explain the main reasons they hate jogging at TNation LOL

Reactions: nailz

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is why I hate coming on the internet. I am just coming out of a 60 pound weight gain, running is one of the only physical activities I enjoy and can do fairly well. Then I read this:

"Jogging is probably the most effective form of non-surgical gender-reassignment available for men."

So not only is it not effective, but it compromises my manhood? "Suicide ideation" is another phrase that has been thrown around. I can't.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/jogging-delusion

That site is dedicated to more of a bodybuilding online audience, which is a sub culture that often sees cardio as pointless endeavor which will be counterproductive towards their "gains". They see endurance training as a recipe for becoming an emaciated Ethiopian runner.

Anyway, there is some truth in that long durance endurance training of moderately high intensity will increase cortisol levels during exercise. However, all forms of exercise do this to an extent, it is also the hormonal response of the body to utilize body fat for fuel. In my honest opinion, unless one is specifically training for an endurance run, 5km+, I don't think long and relaxed jogging is the best form of exercise in regards to not only body composition but also overall physical fitness. However, if you genuinely enjoy doing it and it is a form of exercise that you are most consistent with I wouldn't change what you are doing, as that routine would be a lot better than being inconsistent with something you really don't enjoy. Also, there is no reason why you couldn't include other forms of exercise to help round out your routine, in fact it'd be better for you.

Reactions: FastNHard

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You are using an example of people who train with enormous amounts of endurance work throughout the year, much of it very high in intensity. Going for a moderate intensity jog 3 days per week for 30 or 40 minutes will not result in having a physique that looks like that. Also, the people that excel at endurance sports are naturally inclined towards those events because of their natural body type leaning more towards being slow twitch dominant and lower in body fat.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm surrounded by examples of people who do excessive amounts of cardio and look like they've never worked out in their life. Most just do cardio to enable them to stuff more junk food into their bodies.

You don't need nearly as much cardio as most people think, and HIIT is more effective and easier on your body.
Excessive cardio, especially of the high impact variety like running, is just senselessly destroying your joints for little or no benefit.

Reactions: 622675

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm surrounded by examples of people who do excessive amounts of cardio and look like they've never worked out in their life. Most just do cardio to enable them to stuff more junk food into their bodies.

You don't need nearly as much cardio as most people think, and HIIT is more effective and easier on your body.
Excessive cardio, especially of the high impact variety like running, is just senselessly destroying your joints for little or no benefit.

As you said, most of them probably go to the gym, hop on a bike for an hour while reading a magazine and then go home only to eat junk food. However, your original statement was that excessive amounts of cardio will make you emaciated looking.

High intensity interval training is not something an out of shape person should be utilizing, not only due to a lack of an aerobic base but because of the fact that it is in fact much more physically difficult and more likely to result in injury compared to lower intensity aerobic work. The problem with hiit is that it tries to create a training stimulus for both the anaerobic pathway and an aerobic pathway, both of which are opposites. Also, this form of exercise is more difficult to recover from and not something that can be done very often without burn out. You'd be better off with a weightlifting routine, one that utilizes the entire body and with a fairly high total volume, and in conjunction with this doing something that develops the aerobic system.

However, I agree in that high volume running creates a high impact on the body and that you people don't need as much cardio as they think they do.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As you said, most of them probably go to the gym, hop on a bike for an hour while reading a magazine and then go home only to eat junk food. However, your original statement was that excessive amounts of cardio will make you emaciated looking.

High intensity interval training is not something an out of shape person should be utilizing, not only due to a lack of an aerobic base but because of the fact that it is in fact much more physically difficult and more likely to result in injury compared to lower intensity aerobic work. The problem with hiit is that it tries to create a training stimulus for both the anaerobic pathway and an aerobic pathway, both of which are opposites. Also, this form of exercise is more difficult to recover from and not something that can be done very often without burn out. You'd be better off with a weightlifting routine, one that utilizes the entire body and with a fairly high total volume, and in conjunction with this doing something that develops the aerobic system.

However, I agree in that high volume running creates a high impact on the body and that you people don't need as much cardio as they think they do.

With aerobic work done on a separate day, not the same day. When I said in conjunction it will make it appear as if I was saying do those back to back in the same workout.

MiddleCountryMo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

That seems like an exaggerated dig, and you neglect to mention the mental benefits of running. Also, junk food is good.