Jogging Shoes

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by AlteredEgo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm turning this into the Large Ped Support Group. LOL:biggrin1:

It's that time again! I need new sneakers, but this year I'm on a budget and want to discuss last year's/season's models. I want to hear about sneakers I might find at DSW or Daffy's. I want to hear about the shoes on clearance at the Foot Locker.

So, ladies, do you jog? I jog long distances and need arch support. I put more miles on a pair of sneakers than you're supposed to. (I forget how long I've had a pair until my feet and back hurt.) I want sneakers to look cute, not be too heavy, and letting in a little air (while keeping out water) is a big, big bonus.

I paid $75 for a pair of off-season Adidas (which they no longer make) that were awesome and lasted a long time. I paid $50 for a pair of Nike Shox that I also loved very much. I loved them enough to pay over $100 for another pair. I want to spend $80 or less, and I want an EXCELLENT running shoe. I often train indoors, and might take up tennis, so I guess I could lool at cross-trainers this year too. I use my workout sneakers for working out only, so don't worry about walking or colors, or anything ike that.

So. What sneakers did you work out in this spring, or last summer?

2. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    i just got some aquasocks.lol. :smile:
    i hate flip flops and use them for lounging.

otherwise i wear puma.

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I worked out in some Karen Millen mauve floral ankle straps with four and a half inch heels :)

4. shr1125

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm not a woman, but I am a long distance runner. Sadly, I'm also a shoe whore.

That said, I wouldn't think that buying "cross trainers" would be a very good purchase if you're looking for running shoes with arch support. Most of my shoe purchases, when they've been for running specific shoes, have been either the exact same manufacturer/model of my last pair (which I knew didn't cause me foot, ankle, knee, hip, etc. pain) or was made with advice from a salesman at a running store. There are so many different types of feet that manufacturers make shoes for all kinds. If you're in a big enough city, make the trek to a good running shop; they'll watch you run in a pair of neutral shoes and make some recommendations for brands and styles.

If you know all of this already, please ignore. I never thought that I'd be talking running shoes on a large penis support group website!

5. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I haven't been able to run in years, but I used to be a competitive speed walker.

I can only wear New Balance or some styles of Saucony (Grid Shadow mainly). But that's because of my shoe size, which is hard to find (7.5 wide width - the 7.5 is easy enough to find, but the wide width is very difficult...)

And hey, we talk about all kinds of stuff on this site, so why not jogging shoes? :biggrin1:

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Princess, I love your special brand of lunacy. I should pop into chat and have a laugh or two.

Shr, thank you for your advice. I actually live in an enormous city, and also live in a smaller major city, but have no idea where a good store catering specifically to runners is. I'll just have to go ask the internet fairy (Google).

I really miss my Adiddas. The arch support wasn't perfect, but with an insert at the heel those running shoes were the best. It would be nice if sporting goods stores had an indoor track so I could go put 1/4 mile or so on a pair of shoes before I make up my mind. I liked the Nikes, but feel like I could find something even easier on my knees with a little help.

Still I'd like to hear about what other female runners are wearing/wore last season. I need a new pair of sneakers, but as I said, I want to spend $80 or less this summer on running shoes.

7. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:

New Balance is very durable, but also they weigh too much. They feel heavier than other brands of shoes I've worn. around mile 6 that starts to feel important to me. LOL I've never tried on a pair of Saucony. What's your favorite thing about them?

8. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

You should AE, you missed a fascinating chat about cushions last night :)

9. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I am very limited in the shoes I can actually wear, so my favorite thing is that they actually come in wide widths! Anything else would be too narrow and hurt my feet. Of course if you don't have wide feet you won't have this problem.

I have a hard time finding dress shoes that come in wide widths, too. Most of them look dowdy, and I don't want to be dowdy!

10. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I used to have very narrow feet. Then I gained weight, and my feel became 'regular' instead of 'AA'.

Do you have Parade of Shoes and Payless out there? I find that shope without designer brands are for some unknown reason mo0re likely to have cute shoes in longer and wider sizes. When I was growing up, my mother who was far from rich was always distraught that I usually had to have designer shoes. Designers love to make tiny dresses, and freakishly narrow shoes. LOL Anyway, thanks for your input.

11. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Never heard of Parade of Shoes. We do have Payless here but I think their shoes are low quality.

I have always had wide feet. When I entered first grade I was 3'9" and weighed only 35 lbs. (!) - but had wide feet. There was only one shoe store in the surrounding area that carried girls' shoes in wide widths. I sometimes wore boys' shoes (I was a real tomboy) and I could get those anywhere because they were the right width for me anyway.

The guy I was involved with for a long time has the opposite problem to mine with shoes, and for athletic shoes he wears New Balance, too. He wears a size 13 narrow width.

For athletic shoes I buy New Balance or Saucony Grid Shadow. For dress shoes, usually Naturalizer or Nine West (sometimes other brands that come in wides).

12. Principessa

Gold Member

While not athletic of late, I used to be an Asst. Mgr. at Feet First a small athletic footwear chain in New Jersey. You have given a loft of pertinent information, but before I answer you I would like to know what size is your foot? Also do you know if you tend to pronate or supinate?

I always recommend a tennis shoe for tennis because of the lateral movement and quick starts and stops during the course of play. Personally I would not use a cross trainer for tennis, but that's just me.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

Keep doing what you're doing those are THE BEST brands for people with wide feet.

14. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Don't get me started on pronating nj, my sister is a podologist and if I hear pronate another time today I'm going to hit her over the head with my zaza gold and black leather stilettoes.

Draft saved Draft deleted