Jogging your way to saggy breasts

B_horribleperson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4607642.stm
BBC said:
Millions of women may be jogging their way to sagging breasts as they set off on New Year fitness regimes without suitable bras, research suggests.

Some 9.5 million British women could be irreversibly damaging their busts by exercising without a proper sports bra, the Portsmouth University team said.

They found breasts moved in a 3D figure of eight and that uncontrolled movement strained fragile tissues and ligaments.

The study suggested as a woman runs a mile, her breasts bounced 135m.

The report found each breast moved independently of the body by an average of 9cm for every step taken on the treadmill.

With the average breast weighing between 200 and 300 grams, this movement puts great stress on the breast's fragile support structure - the outer skin and connective tissues known as Cooper's ligaments.

Irreversible breast sag

The research team found breast movements resulted in temporary pain and discomfort.

But it also led to a more permanent stretching of the Cooper's ligament which leads to irreversible breast sag.

They claim that wearing an ordinary T-shirt bra reduced bounce by 38%, but wearing a sports bra by the firm Shock Absorber - which sponsored the research - reduced bounce by 78%.

Dr Joanne Scurr who carried out the research said women needed to be aware of the effects of exercising without properly supporting their breasts.

"People rightly spend time and effort to get the right footwear for exercise and it is equally important to wear the correct sports bra.

"Proper support for breasts will reduce the stretch to the Cooper's ligament."

LADIES ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SPORTS BRA.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BBC said:
The study suggested as a woman runs a mile, her breasts bounced 135m.

That's statistical bullshit. What does that mean? If a woman runs a mile, it's like her breast has stretched 67.5 meters up and 67.5 meters down? How am I supposed to imagine that? What influences the tissue and ligaments is the vibration frequency and, to a lesser degree, the amplitude, if we want to talk tits tech.

So here's my remedy for all the girls out there - if you want to stay fit without stretching your tits 135 meters, go for a swim. Is better on your joints and back, too.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not statistical bullshit and it's not new either. The bottom line is, wear a sports bra during strenuous activity, and especially during high impact excercise, or you will get saggy breasts faster. I disagree with the "irreversable" part though. Modern science is a wonder. If mine get saggy (and they're huge, so you know they will) I'll have a breast lift. They'll look like they did when I was 19 again. Swimming is great, and I plan on starting it up again this year. My problem is this though, Howdo I prevent my traps from getting all bulky again. (I swim long distances.) If I even think about excercise I get muscular. The muscles lookk sexy everywhere else, but big traps on a woman does not look feminine to me. Oh, well. It's a small price to pay to reach my goal of being in the best possible shape. I want to start doing beginner triathlons next year. Ramble much? Yes I do.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
10.5andproudofit said:
i've dated a few swimmers, i find it builds the female form in a pretty attractive way. i am just more attracted to muscular women with some meat and curves :)

That's a great taste, you know the good things in life ;-) I've been a swimmer, in addition to various other water sports, and am quite happy with my figure. Glad my appartment complex has a roof pool.

Bronx Bombshell, with "statistical bullshit" I wasn't referring to the article in general, more to the issue of breasts bouncing 135 meters if you run a mile. There's just no sense in adding up amplitudes to determine anything.

MsLulu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If a woman has enough to become saggy in the long run, then she's a fool NOT to wear a sports bra. It freakin' HURTS and is PAINFUL when you do a lot of exercise with nothing to support your twins. Girls who are bouncing around out there and getting saggy, well..... there's something missing upstairs... unless they like sore boobies.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A partial taking back of what I said above concerning the 135 meters a woman's breasts bounce while she jogs a mile.

1 mi (statute) equals roughly 1600 meters. Calculating a step width of approximately 2.5 ft, that tells us the woman does

1600 m
-------------- = 2200 steps,
0.75 m / st

assuming the step width decreases with time.
During each step, the breasts bounce upwards the length of an amplitude of a, and down the length of an amplitude of a, giving them a bounce of 2a per step. This tells us that

135 m .............2a ................................135 m
---------- = ----------- meaning 2a = ----------- = 0.06 m,
2200 st ...........1 st............................... 2200 st

meaning roughly an inch up and down. Possible, if you're a chesty gurl.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
ClaireTalon said:
lol, true. Nothing like it. Don't forget the number of steps might actually be higher, which gives you a smaller amplitude.

Well, if you ever need a sherpa to run backwards in front of you and bear that exquisitely sculpted set of orbs gently in his hands, I volunteer. :shysmile:

And I have a larger than average amplitude. :tongue:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:smile:
HickBoy said:
Well, if you ever need a sherpa to run backwards in front of you and bear that exquisitely sculpted set of orbs gently in his hands, I volunteer. :shysmile:

And I have a larger than average amplitude. :tongue:

More than one inch, I'm sure!

Don't forget that I don't jog, I swim. So, if you want to don a snorkel or SCUBA gear and swim under me to support my puppy twins, feel free to do so.

But take care, I swim a mean speed.

Karen M

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you're busty, you tend to find ways to exercise that don't involve running! You also accept the fact that you're going to sag some, whether you like it or not. Gravity will have it's way! :sigh1: I exercise every day, but I don't jog! Who needs sore boobs?

Katiecav_34D

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
With all this information I may never run again!!

Actually as a busty girl who plays sports I've been wearing two sports bras. Seems to be working so far. they don't sag at all yet
katie