John Cleese on Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TurkeyWithaSunburn, Oct 15, 2008.

1. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. FleshlightMouth

Gold Member

Albums:
    Classic! And absolutely spot on :))

3. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Michael Palin = Sarah Palin ;)

4. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Ahh......., he's an actor -- And represents that group quite well with his brilliant political commentary. Please - bring in Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Sue Sarandon, Alec Baldwin, Hanoi Jane and Matt Damon. We are begging for their thoughtful and insightful contributions. Oh, and hopefully Springstein can chip in, too.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And what makes the viewpoint of an actor/actress anymore irrelevant than one of a... well, I dunno... a bank investor? I'm sure if he supported Palin you wouldn't be talking about him like this.

Besides. He's one of the minds behind Python & Faulty Towers! :biggrin1:

6. B_starinvestor

The actor community, much like the LPSG community, is predominantly very left-leaning. They do more harm than good when they make political comments.

7. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    It was meant to be a lighthearted post. The same way Betty White's take on the election was.

Does everybody go ballistic over everything in the politics forum? :frown:

8. D_Drew Peacock

D_Drew Peacock New Member

John nails it again. Right on, a replacement for the empty suit, an empty skirt. But of course we artists in various media just produce the culture, not pretend money like the stock market wolves, so our opinions don't count. Only multi-millionaires should determine how the country is run.

Oh wait, that is the system we already have. Good then there should never be any economic problems or mistakes or melt-downs. We are so safe and well cared for, lets just go veg out in front of the TV some more and see Sarah look cute for us again.

9. B_starinvestor

pretty much

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

To you, it only seems to do more harm when they lean to the left. Meanwhile, if they were speaking positively about your candidate of choice they would take it as an endorsement. Like when Toby Keith made his patriotic song, "Red White & Blue". Many right wingers considered him to be a major asset to America. At the same time, these same people denounced The Dixie Chicks for having an opinion that was less favorable about the president.

Most people who are in the arts & entertainment fields support concepts like Freedom of Expression, the right to Free Speech and no censorship. It only makes sense that the majority of them would be more liberal because these thoughts are already liberal to begin with. They're not just speaking against conservative, right winged ideas because they're blindly liberal. And it's natural for the majority of this community to be against Palin because she tried to get books yanked off of library shelves, aka a form of censorship. I'm not saying that it's good, bad or otherwise. If anything, it's kinda expected. Same way we'd expect any fundamental Christian to speak up against anyone who is Pro Choice.

#10 B_VinylBoy, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  11. invisibleman

Gold Member

Man, Michael Palin was hot in Monty Python's Flying Circus. I used to watch that show when I was a kid. He really made me laugh.

12. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

So you would rather they didn't make any political comments at all?

His opinion was factually accurate and in no way a false representation of Palin. She does learn speeches. She has a vacant look when making speeches, and a dead stare...probably focussed on the autocue.

Palin is a puppet. Her first name should be Judy.

We've all heard what unintelligent tripe comes out of her mouth when she's left to stumble through constructing her own sentences.

It's obvious to anyone who wasn't forced from birth to support a particular political party that Palin does not have the intelligence, the tact or indeed the good morals required to run the most powerful country in the world.

And the fact is if she were elected, she would in the near future become the president.

Another thing is...this smear campaign against Obama. Palin is deplorable. You see how far McCain's finger is up her ass when she has no problem telling such lies and spreading racist propaganda.

I don't see how anyone can defend Palin or her associates. The Republicans aren't about policies, if they ever were. Now they're about spreading hate, misinformation and scaremongering. Why would want people like that in positions of power?

#12 B_ScaredLittleBoy, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  13. B_starinvestor

You are very confused here. Toby Keith wrote a song about freedom and defending our country. He didn't slam anyone.

The Dixie Hoe's slammed Bush. Matt Damon slammed Palin. This nimrod slams McCain/Palin. Very different. One guy sings about freedom and country in a time of crisis and attack. The liberal singers and actors just slam the right. See the difference?

14. invisibleman

Gold Member

(sarcasm==> Oh yeah, I bet the Conservatives never say a bad word about liberals.:rolleyes:<==sarcasm ends)

I think that everyone should be able to speak their minds and hearts on things. Shit, last time I checked the Bible. There weren't any commandments that said THOU SHALT NOT TALK ABOUT THE GOP or the Democratic Party.

15. davec94

davec94 Member

Whenever someone makes comments you disagree with you just lump them into some enemy category and dismiss them. That's not very critical.

16. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I see. Because he's an actor, and British as well, I presume, he's not entitled to a perception of Palin's presentation, performance or depth? I would venture to propose that precisely because he is trained as an actor he might have a little more insight into those things than the average person? I don't know, just wondering.

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

He didn't slam anyone American who was currently in office. That's the realness of the statement

As did so many other people inside and outside of her field. Yet the entire Country Music Community was all up in arms about it. Then again, I should expect that from a group of people who thought Shania Twain was too risque when she showed her belly button at concerts.

As did so many people inside and outside his field. What makes you think ANY politician is sacred and cannot be criticized? If he did this to Obama/Biden, you'd be here talking about how intelligent he is. Stop with the double standards!

Correction... one seized an opportunity to resurge his career by making a hyper patriotic song at a time where everyone in America was feeling down, aimed at a group of people who are usually even more hyper patriotic than the average one.

They voiced their opinions, or practiced their rights to free speech. You know, that thing so many hyper-conservatives want to use but ONLY if it benefits them? That concept they say Democrats want to ban, yet stand behind a potential VP candidate that is into censorship? Yeah... I see the difference! :rolleyes:

18. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

If they hadn't nailed her to the podium she'd be pushing up daisies...

...Still... beautiful plummage...

19. B_stu.kay823

B_stu.kay823 New Member

Doesn't he live in California somehwere now?

20. Drifterwood

Gold Member

You're all individuals.

Draft saved Draft deleted