John Kerry

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IMO, Cheney won't serve out the term. He'll step down due to "health concerns." A new V.P. will be named and that person (whoever the neocons have pre-selected) will be the next Prez. Once and for all, ending any hope or chance of free elections or a government selected by and working for the people. They learned a lot this go around and the fraud should be handled with a great deal more professionalism in '08. All the while, America will remain busy shoving "freedom" down the throats of the people in other countries as civil rights and freedoms are removed at home.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks Mark.

As the prez claims, those figures clearly show an overwhelming mandate. A regular landslide of approval by the electorate. He's a real uniter, that W.

So go ahead and spend your political capital, W. Just be careful that you don't spend blindly into debt. uhmm...oooops....

SG

chris319

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I still can't figure out the dementia of voters in the Great Plains. And I grew up in South Dakota. I mean, what kind of person votes so against his self-interest just because of queers?
Here is your answer:

http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/1660/cletlogo.jpg

A friend informs me that the plural of Cletus is "Cleti".

I've heard the theory that Shrub used terrorism to fear-monger his way to a second term. The irony is that terrorists do not have their sights set on Jesusland. Al Qaeda is not coming to Wichita, Kansas or Dubuque, Iowa to knock over wheat silos. The Cleti -- the citizens of Jesusland who elected Shrub -- have far less to fear from al Qaeda than those who live in cities in the crosshairs: New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles ...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Has anyone besides me noticed that the original query of this topic was "What was wrong with Kerry?"

Of the 3 pages comprised of 43 comments that the question has generated here, only 2 or 3 of them are about Kerry's failings.

The rest, as usual, are simply anti-Bush diatribes.

The Democratic Party will continue to see less than happy results as long as it continues to point fingers at others rather than sitting down and deciding to decide that something is wrong - not with the opposition - but with the party's message itself.

Negativity is no message - the voter needs positivity, a "follow me" message of hope and future. I'm afraid that what they've seen the Dems offer is "Follow us because the Republicans are wrong - they're corrupt - they're lying - they're irresponsible." Let's hear the Dems say "Follow us because...." and tell us what positive things the Dems will do to make our lives better!

The very first post to this string's topic was typical of the Democrats' response: "There really wasn't anything "wrong" with Kerry."

:shrug:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Pecker@Mar 2 2005, 08:51 AM
I'm afraid that what they've seen the Dems offer is "Follow us because the Republicans are wrong - they're corrupt - they're lying - they're irresponsible." Let's hear the Dems say "Follow us because...." and tell us what positive things the Dems will do to make our lives better!
[post=287637]Quoted post[/post]​

If you think that a positive message works and a negative message doesn't, Pollyanna, then you weren't paying attention: (Link: Barack Obama's keynote address to the DNC) (Link: Zell Miller's keynote address to the RNC)

chris319

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What was wrong with Kerry:

No charisma

No passion

Too cerebral/too patrician for most of the electorate

Inconsistent voting record easily exploited by opposition

Anti-Vietnam war activism bit him in the arse

Incompetent media strategists

Didn't emphasize his plans for dealing with Iraq

Teresa

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Mar 2 2005, 12:51 PM
Negativity is no message - the voter needs positivity, a "follow me" message of hope and future.  I'm afraid that what they've seen the Dems offer is "Follow us because the Republicans are wrong - they're corrupt - they're lying - they're irresponsible."  Let's hear the Dems say "Follow us because...." and tell us what positive things the Dems will do to make our lives better!

:shrug:
[post=287637]Quoted post[/post]​

Negativity is no message? Really?

Perhaps you can use that philosophy to explain the continuing popularity of the positive and upbeat messages that come from the mouths of Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Coulter, Savage, etc. You yourself have said you admire Ann Coulter.

Even though the Dems are out of controlling influence in Washington DC, I don't see the wingnut foghorns doing anything but continually badmouthing everything Democratic.

SG

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The last time I looked, those wingnut foghorns were neither running for office nor were they endorsed by the Republican Party. I don't, and never have, espoused their spouting.

But, Speedo, your reaction is proof of my statement: don't think of a positive that supports your candidate - just lambast the 'competition.'

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker@Mar 2 2005, 07:16 PM
The last time I looked, those wingnut foghorns were neither running for office nor were they endorsed by the Republican Party.  I don't, and never have, espoused their spouting.

But, Speedo, your reaction is proof of my statement:  don't think of a positive that supports your candidate - just lambast the 'competition.'
[post=287733]Quoted post[/post]​

I can possibly find the quote here if I search way back into LPSG but I distinctly remember you saying "...I have some admiration for Ann Coulter."

Oliver North has been featured as a guest host on several of those hate radio shows and he's run for office.

Also, the 104th Congress GOP members held a special banquet in which they voted Limbaugh an "honorary member" after their upset victories in 1994.

SG

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by chris319@Mar 2 2005, 01:33 AM
I still can't figure out the dementia of voters in the Great Plains. And I grew up in South Dakota. I mean, what kind of person votes so against his self-interest just because of queers?
Here is your answer:

http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/1660/cletlogo.jpg

A friend informs me that the plural of Cletus is "Cleti".

I've heard the theory that Shrub used terrorism to fear-monger his way to a second term. The irony is that terrorists do not have their sights set on Jesusland. Al Qaeda is not coming to Wichita, Kansas or Dubuque, Iowa to knock over wheat silos. The Cleti -- the citizens of Jesusland who elected Shrub -- have far less to fear from al Qaeda than those who live in cities in the crosshairs: New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles ...
[post=287620]Quoted post[/post]​
I don't know if it's Cleti or what. What declension is Cletus, anyway? Or is it like caucus?

It's the way politcs work. We're surrounded by terrorism and gay marriage, but they voted for Bush because of terrorism and gay marriage.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually a pretty clever plan, if you think about it. He created the atmosphere of hatred and fear, then appointed himself as the only one who could solve the problems, and boy did America bite.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, it's nothing new, actually. Need I point out that every dictator in the 20th century did the same thing?

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pecker..

Some of us supported Kerry because he was the only viable alternative to Bush. Why did I not like Dumbya? For starters,

I am suspicious of any President that courts supporters like Falwell and Robertson who told America in the days after 9-11 that America deserved such punishment for our hedonistic ways. Who are these nutz? Al Queda West?

I am suspicious of an administration that assures the world that a preemptive stike against Iraq is necessary to protect America from WMDs and weapons delivery systems despite no technical evidence.

I am suspicious of an administration that told the Congress and the American people in the run up to war [Wolfowicz to Congress] that it would cost our taxpayers only $50 billion.

I am suspicious of an administration that made a mockery of a full and free discussion on the prescription drug program. As you remember, a civil servant was threatened with loss of his job if he provided the Congress with the true estimated cost of the program. The administration deliberately withheld the best estimate [$100 billion more] until the bill was signed into law.

I am suspicious of an administration that FU the Iraq War by having neither plans or training to win the peace. Dude, it is more than "shock and awe."

I am ashamed of an administration that tolerates torture and cruel and unusual punishments for combatants and noncombatants and for citizens and non-citizens.

I am repulsed by a President that espouses high moral values yet appears to be unable to pratice them. So once again, I conclude Bush is just another synonym for hypocrite.

jay

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by SpeedoGuy+Mar 2 2005, 02:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SpeedoGuy &#064; Mar 2 2005, 02:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@Mar 2 2005, 07:16 PM
The last time I looked, those wingnut foghorns were neither running for office nor were they endorsed by the Republican Party. I don&#39;t, and never have, espoused their spouting.

But, Speedo, your reaction is proof of my statement: don&#39;t think of a positive that supports your candidate - just lambast the &#39;competition.&#39;
[post=287733]Quoted post[/post]​

I can possibly find the quote here if I search way back into LPSG but I distinctly remember you saying "...I have some admiration for Ann Coulter."

Oliver North has been featured as a guest host on several of those hate radio shows and he&#39;s run for office.

Also, the 104th Congress GOP members held a special banquet in which they voted Limbaugh an "honorary member" after their upset victories in 1994.

SG
[post=287737]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Here&#39;s what you are looking for:

"You&#39;re right, Jon. If ever a female had balls, it&#39;s Ann. A small dose of Coulter with the morning breakfast is a better wake-up than 10 cups of coffee.

But be sure to use a little tongue-in-cheek in your cup: she&#39;s concentrated.
" (Ads on LPSG, Jan 31, 2004)

Suffice it to say that I can admire a female for having balls without espousing her politics. She&#39;s far too rightwing for me.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jay_too@Mar 2 2005, 09:44 PM
Pecker..

Some of us supported Kerry because he was the only viable alternative to Bush. Why did I not like Dumbya? For starters,

I am suspicious of any President that courts supporters like Falwell and Robertson who told America in the days after 9-11 that America deserved such punishment for our hedonistic ways. Who are these nutz? Al Queda West?

I am suspicious of an administration that assures the world that a preemptive stike against Iraq is necessary to protect America from WMDs and weapons delivery systems despite no technical evidence.

I am suspicious of an administration that told the Congress and the American people in the run up to war [Wolfowicz to Congress] that it would cost our taxpayers only &#036;50 billion.

I am suspicious of an administration that made a mockery of a full and free discussion on the prescription drug program. As you remember, a civil servant was threatened with loss of his job if he provided the Congress with the true estimated cost of the program. The administration deliberately withheld the best estimate [&#036;100 billion more] until the bill was signed into law.

I am suspicious of an administration that FU the Iraq War by having neither plans or training to win the peace. Dude, it is more than "shock and awe."

I am ashamed of an administration that tolerates torture and cruel and unusual punishments for combatants and noncombatants and for citizens and non-citizens.

I am repulsed by a President that espouses high moral values yet appears to be unable to pratice them. So once again, I conclude Bush is just another synonym for hypocrite.

jay
[post=287804]Quoted post[/post]​

There seems to be a division between those of us who see these things as obvious and those who don&#39;t. I don&#39;t get it, I am completely unable to understand how anyone wouldn&#39;t see what seems so obvious to me.

In the days that followed the election, people were literally hugging in the streets and crying on each other&#39;s shoulder out of devastation. People I didn&#39;t know at all hugged me because of my Kerry button, and going to the gas station took 30 minutes. I have never felt so moved to do nothing in my life. "If you can&#39;t win fair and square, why not just cheat?" is how this administration handles it&#39;s business and I see no end in sight unless the Democrats can find a candidate that just knocks everyone&#39;s socks off. I&#39;d be more interested in a "Kerry" than a spokesmodel, but that&#39;s all America can understand. I hate the fact that stupidity is now the national agenda and dumb rednecks everywhere feel vindicated, racial tension is back up, hatred towards gays is now okay again, no one cares about healthcare at all, big business is winning at every turn with class action lawsuits being abolished (by the way, I&#39;ve never been opposed to limiting awards on frivolous lawsuits, but class action suits are usually NOT frivolous&#33;), and the very people who will benefit least from all of this are touting bush the loudest. Idiots rule&#33; Now, if the 2 to 5% who make over 100k a year voted for him, I can understand that, self-interest at least makes sense, but for the rest, I just keep wiping my eyes in disbelief.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It&#39;s a simple matter:

The Democrats thought people would care about a dead-end war and skyrocketing debt.

The Republicans saw, correctly, that people would care more about stopping gay couples from getting abortions.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Mar 3 2005, 08:17 PM

The Democrats thought people would care about a dead-end war and skyrocketing debt.

The Republicans saw, correctly, that people would care more about stopping gay couples from getting abortions.
[post=288069]Quoted post[/post]​

*hits self in head with hammer repeatedly*
I know that, I just don&#39;t want to believe it.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by madame_zora+Mar 4 2005, 07:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Mar 4 2005, 07:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Mar 3 2005, 08:17 PM

[post=288069]Quoted post[/post]​

*hits self in head with hammer repeatedly*
I know that, I just don&#39;t want to believe it.
[post=288214]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

It actually goes quite a ways further than that folks.
Let&#39;s look at the facts of who I am. I&#39;m a gay man living in a decidely blue state on a terrifyingly low scale income and still I find no reason to jump on the Democrat bandwagon. As I have indicated again and again (and I will continue to do so until it slaps hard enough into you that you understand it), I prefer the upfront honesty which the Republicans deliver to me as opposed to the lie to my face deceit which the Democrats keep handing me. Yes, the Republicans tell me they are not going to help me and that they are in many ways out to get me (who isn&#39;t?) however the Democrats jump from one platform to another just to garner votes. Think about this one if you will--whereas the George W. Bush stated last year that he was against gay marriages, John Kerry wouldn&#39;t come right out and say anything for or against. Kerry played for votes which he mercifully did not get enough of.
Skyrocketing debt? Somewhere in the not too distant future it will be shown how Clinton and his cronies cooked the books and how we were well on our way to a massive debt before Junior entered term one. Still want to blame the Republicans? How about the entire 9/11 horror. Large parts (note I am saying large parts, not all parts) of this were contributed by the Clinton inadministration. The stock market had reached ridiculously inflated (and essentially valueless) levels and the downturn was going to come. In some ways I wish Gore had been elected in 2000 just so you would have had to endure the same economic woes under the alleged leadership of one of your sainted heroes. Of course at that point it would have been "let&#39;s lengthen our fingers and blame Ronald Reagan" (amazing how many Democrats STILL blame everything on him) or maybe point further back and blame Nixon or maybe even Eisenhower. Why is it that people insist on being so blind?
As I stated earlier on (possibly even in this now sloppy topic, for which I am eternally linked thanks to my anger over Negroponte), the Democrats lost me when under Clinton I saw they had no concern for me at all. My medical situations have been caused certain irreperable damage due to the Democrat endorsed and passed policies which have substantially cut on everything from properly funding dialysis centers (some have even been closed) to getting properly fitting prosthetics (it&#39;s not just a matter of grab a new leg from the closet--oh that&#39;s funny&#33; grab a leg from the closet for the gay guy&#33; OH look pa--my leg is coming out of the closet&#33; ) The point is a prosthetic device needs to be fitted and adjusted over time since the area where the attachment is made (the point of severing/amputation has changes (swelling) for at least a year and often longer. Policies endorsed and voted in by the then ruling Democrats, are still in effect today. Fittings are paid for at a lower scale than in the past and the total dollars allocated towards all aspects of prosthetics from rehab, to fittings are at a lesser amount than they were. So do the Republicans have a big welcome wagon for me? No. However even with their faults, they will at least tell me the truth up front. The day that the Democrats can do that is the day I&#39;ll consider giving them my support again. Better a mean and at times bewildered Republican leading our country than a lying Democrat who really doesn&#39;t care but wants all the money and fame associated with their political position.

No, I am not happy with the way Junior&#39;s second term has started off; however I see nothing emerging from the liberal left to make me feel my vote last November was wrong.

And one final note::::: The so called dead end war is a war on terror and terrorists. This type of war has no end since it&#39;s about protecting people from persons who want to dominate by threats. In Spain they seem to have had success. Blow up a train and get a new government seated; however, the government there now has no regards for the U.S. or anybody else. Must be nice to be in Spain now knowing it&#39;s ruled by what are in essence thugs. Be glad that Junior has stuck to his guns on this and hasn&#39;t backed down.